City Beach Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City Beach Australia Employee Reviews

Australia210 reviews
easy going and fast paced
Not too bad just relaxing some management could be fixed and was long hours on the feet but overall not a bad experience. Would work there again but will need a little more pay and hours.
Not the best
I was working for city beach as a Christmas casual ( 3 months contract )
They did not advise me on the date I would be unemployed. They did not inform me on any of my last shifts that my end date would be coming up soon and they did not call me to advise me of the ending of my contract which I thought was very poor communication between the management and staff.
Not organised, un-trained, felt like I wasn't wanted
First of all the interview was very weird, made a group of us sit in the shoe section in the middle of the store while people were taken outside the shop for an interview. Then once I got told I had the job, I started about 2 months later. First day I had no training, got thrown right in the deep end checking customers bags as they left, wasn't even given a store lanyard to say I was working there. The hours were long and they had you on the same job all day. Had basically one shift a week over a holiday period, 3-4 hours average. No breaks at all, even during an 5 hour shift. Second day I was criticised on doing what I was told even though they never trained me properly. Overall not a good experience and I felt very uneasy every time I walked in.
Slow paced more for people who enjoy working alone
this job is more for those who enjoy working on their own with no co-worker friends. Judgemental nature. Personal preference boring and waiting around.
I learned how to multi task while keeping the customers happy. The workplace culture is culture friendly. The most enjoyable part of work is to greet
Friendly co workers, mangers knows how to manage the store and constantly working on your feet fast pace. I would recommend a friend to work here and the salary is great.
Fun and friendly workplace
Great company that has offered me many opportunities to grow and learn many different skills and experiences, and slowly move up from position to position.
fun and also relaxed but tasks were still completed to standard
wasa super fun first job and would like something similar. My day would involve tagging stock, working at counter, cleaning, store recovery, customer service, loss prevention and helping with open and close.
Consistent shifts and good environment to work in.
not too strict on uniform and taught me very good customer service skills. there was always something for me to do and each day involved different tasks so I wasn't repeating every day which was good.
Pros
20% discount on items for myself
Cons
Some early mornings or late nights
Loved it!
Loved working there, regret leaving but I did not have a choice as I was moving interstate.
If i had the chance to go back, i would without a doubt.

Wish there were more stores so there were options to move to
Great environment
City beach has been an amazing place to start my working life. everyone is super lovely and the management team has always been more than supportive. They give amazing opportuinites and life experiences. however, due to working with teenagers there is limited work ethic with some coworkers along with their highschool drama they cause. overall a great place to work.
Management was terrible
The mangers always mange to pick favourites and give them majority of the shifts as well as training them first. There’s a lot of talkng behind people’s backs and if the manager decides they don’t like you you’re really in for it. Pay is good but not enough to get treated the way I did.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management, not many shifts
Productive, fast paced, easy environment
idk really get to work, chek some bags, serve some customers, learned how to open the back door without it going off. Most enjoyable part was the people definitely.
I loved working there
I had a lot of fun working for city beach, everyone was so nice and helpful to me and very friendly to everyone else working whether they were new or old employees
Retail
I find city beach some where I find interesting and would like to commence work I like the style and the staff seem like friendly kind people and company that I’d like to work for family orientated
Good workplace
Good for holiday work, but shift diminish particularly when you reach 19 years of age (because your hourly rate increases) and then shifts are cut to about 4 hours a week which is incredibly frustrating.
Fast-paced warehousing work
Personally my experience at City Beach Distribution Center was not enjoyable simply because of the bullying, harassment and drama. I worked hard to get as much money as i could so i could pay my rent and live. After an abusive incident involving me as the victim and another team member, the workplace kept them on the team. Most supervisors there are awesome people and others are just unaware of staffs' emotions and feelings, the systems were always down and updating... They trained only a certain few to all parts of the warehouse while the rest only knew how to work in their area and maybe one other.
Relaxed
good for students to work at casually. relaxed environment. lots of different areas to work in to gain experience across a wide variety of products. Many staff members on floor
Casual Warehouse Worke
If your thinking of applying here think again honestly not worth it if you like being used and the hours are only good for the Christmas period but once it’s dead season won’t get shifts
Pros
. Good co - workers easy to get along with
Cons
Standing for hours, Gets really hot, Management picks favourite people during dead season to be rostered on
fun work place
while working at city beach the first day was not stressful, everyone was so friendly and easy to get along with. on my first shift, i thought it would be hard to get used to the whole new job space but overall it was an easy job and was a fun experience
Good Seasonal Work
Started off with a lot of hours during the Christmas period October - December. Only good for temporary seasonal work as the slow period hits, you lose hours.
Pros
Air-con in the break room, friendly staff, water refill stations
Cons
Loss of hours
Good environment for busy people
Overall, a good place with nice customers and helpful staff. The managers are headstrong and help you with any issues. Very good pay for my age and work load and is perfect for people who need to be up and active 24/7.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Beach Australia. Our community is ready to answer.