City Beach Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City Beach Australia Employee Reviews

I did enjoy working at city beach for the short amount of time I worked there (3 months). However, I did not have the time to develop many relationships with my coworkers- some of the managers did create a stressful environment for 14yo me! But the individuals I did connect with were amazing and extremely kind. I also had the opportunity to work at City Beach Distribution Center, where I was in the office doing work on the computers for the website. I think it was a great experience and encourage you all to apply :)
Pros
discounts! and short hours.
when i went to work, they put me on with no experience.I had to stand at the front of the store (as a 13 year old) i had no clue what to do.very bad
Pros
Got a discount
Cons
never go to use the discount
The managers would yell at me every single shift, even in front of customers.The place was very unorganised and no one was really trained properly.Not a great place to work at all
Pros
- 10 min breaks
Cons
- bad management, - unorganised, - everyone is rude, - i cry after every shift, - dont care about mental or physical health whatsoever
I have not been paid over $300. This includes being paid at a much lower rate than I should be and just not getting paid at all. Supposedly my management team sorted it out but its been weeks and I still haven't been paid.
Pros
discount
Cons
Did not get paid
City Beach is a workplace, susceptible for people interest for casual work or interest in retail business, working you will enage with friendly employees that work hard and get the job done in time
Pros
Friendly workers and variety of lunch breaks dependi n g on hours worked
Cons
Unorthodox busy days, thus meaning speed pace of work will vary
I worked for the Ipswich store, the management team are young and immature. The casuals are all high schoolers and definitely act like such, complain about each other to everyone and will throw each other under the bus. The manager was OCD crazy if you put a pen back into the drawer wrong you got written up. She would also just stand around watching staff instead of doing anything. You couldn't spend too long with a customer who needed help. But also had to spend time with every single customer whilst also maintaining the store and doing your job. I was always up the front of the store as that was my allocated area however the management team in the back would always blame things on me that involved the back of the store to try and cover their own backs. Also, you only have one person up the front of the store, whilst there are at least 4 team members in the back of the store gossiping and chatting, including the management team, however, if I spoke to someone longer than a min I would get in trouble. Was expected to know everything in a month but wasn't trained properly. I've worked for other companies where I have never had issues with time frames given, however with City beach you are expected to have everything done in half a day. Also felt excluded from the team, never got to know anyone as I was only ever up the front of the store
Pros
Cons
long hours; horrible staff members
Don’t work here. I was paid $13 a hour and got no bonuses on weekends like most other casuals do. Management was poor and run by immature females who would come to work in tiny shorts and tops without a bra, it was highly unprofessional but we weren’t allowed to say anything.
Pros
The workers were the only thing that I liked
Cons
Poor management
the working experience is extremely beneficial for any further stage of work-life and the management team is very helpful in achieving the goals set out
Really unorganised business. Management was lazy and rude. I had one day or "orientation" before they put me straight on the floor. Messy schedules as well. They would always cal me when i was at school even when i asked them not to or to call me after 3 pm.
Pros
ok discount
Cons
bad environment. Favouritism in the workplace
City Beach was a great place to work, from the comfortable environment to the friendly staff to the great communication they had with staff. I was always told what to do and it was explained to me, so I never felt lost and when I was I always felt comfortable asking for help as a newbie. I would have loved to keep working there if I didn't have to move away for university. Despite the busy flow of the Christmas holidays I always felt on top of any work I needed to do.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
N/a
the workplace was very nomadic, everything changed monthly, the roles and all of our responsibilities are changed temporarily and we had to adapt very quickly which was actually very great for self development but its not for everyone.
Pros
discounts, free merchandise and varied employment opportunities
Cons
workplace environment varied with the different managers and team leaders
Not too bad just relaxing some management could be fixed and was long hours on the feet but overall not a bad experience. Would work there again but will need a little more pay and hours.
I was working for city beach as a Christmas casual ( 3 months contract ) They did not advise me on the date I would be unemployed. They did not inform me on any of my last shifts that my end date would be coming up soon and they did not call me to advise me of the ending of my contract which I thought was very poor communication between the management and staff.
First of all the interview was very weird, made a group of us sit in the shoe section in the middle of the store while people were taken outside the shop for an interview. Then once I got told I had the job, I started about 2 months later. First day I had no training, got thrown right in the deep end checking customers bags as they left, wasn't even given a store lanyard to say I was working there. The hours were long and they had you on the same job all day. Had basically one shift a week over a holiday period, 3-4 hours average. No breaks at all, even during an 5 hour shift. Second day I was criticised on doing what I was told even though they never trained me properly. Overall not a good experience and I felt very uneasy every time I walked in.
this job is more for those who enjoy working on their own with no co-worker friends. Judgemental nature. Personal preference boring and waiting around.
Friendly co workers, mangers knows how to manage the store and constantly working on your feet fast pace. I would recommend a friend to work here and the salary is great.
Great company that has offered me many opportunities to grow and learn many different skills and experiences, and slowly move up from position to position.
wasa super fun first job and would like something similar. My day would involve tagging stock, working at counter, cleaning, store recovery, customer service, loss prevention and helping with open and close.
not too strict on uniform and taught me very good customer service skills. there was always something for me to do and each day involved different tasks so I wasn't repeating every day which was good.
Pros
20% discount on items for myself
Cons
Some early mornings or late nights
Loved working there, regret leaving but I did not have a choice as I was moving interstate. If i had the chance to go back, i would without a doubt. Wish there were more stores so there were options to move to
City beach has been an amazing place to start my working life. everyone is super lovely and the management team has always been more than supportive. They give amazing opportuinites and life experiences. however, due to working with teenagers there is limited work ethic with some coworkers along with their highschool drama they cause. overall a great place to work.