City Beach Australia Pay & Benefits reviews

Good Pay, Terrible Management
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Murarrie QLD2 May 2019
By far the worst management in almost all of its departments. They're immature and rude, they stand around and talk but then get angry at you when you do the same. The Team Leaders and Supervisors pick and choose their favourites and will give them more benefits such as easier jobs, better break times than their co-workers. They are almost never in a good mood. They give their favourites more hours when the slow period comes and everyone else won't get rostered on. They will talk about their employees behind their backs. They will bully and belittle and intimidate you so that you're scared of them. They're such hypocrites.

The productivity expectation is ridiculous. You would have to be running and making zero mistakes which is impossible with the lagging RF scanners they have, in the pickface the space is tiny, if you're not careful the trolleys clip your ankles.

The only good things would be that the pay is decent if you're getting good hours, your co-workers are almost always lovely and the vending machines they provide aren't terrible.
Pros
Co-workers, pay, food they provide
its ok
E-store Pick & Pack Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 February 2019
Good workplace if a uni/ TAFE student, definitely not a full time/ long term position.
There is nothing hard about the job itself, a typical day at work is generally pretty relaxed, not too busy or chaotic unless it's Christmas time.
Pros
discounts
Cons
cut shifts
It is hard work but a safe environment
Casual (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 January 2019
Working at city beach is tiring and it gets a little hot but I don't mind it too much. I live far away so the distance annoys me to get into work on time. Other than that it is a average job.
Pros
1 paid lunch break
Cons
Long Hours
Fun work place
City Beach (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA7 January 2019
Enjoyed working there, good hours and good salary to for the age that i worked there. however, management were pretty rude to the Christmas casuals, like they just didn't make us feel apart of the team
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Bad Manager
simple and straight forward
Warehouse picker (Former Employee) –  Murarrie QLD1 November 2018
working in the city beach warehouse was an easy going straight forward job and as long as you remained productive and reached set targets you could work at your own pace. the hours were pretty good so on a regular day I had all afternoon to do as I pleased.
Pros
free tea and coffee with set time breaks
Cons
found it a tad boring
Store managers do lots of unpaid overtime
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 October 2018
The work life balance is very bad. You do super long days of 10 hours and in return you get one monthly day off that they say is paid in advertisement but really you do the 38 hours a week every week but you'll do one fortnight with lots of 10 hour days to make up for the one day off. So not worth it. No one I talked to liked it but apparently it is compulsory

Some of the higher up managers are amazing but they all want to leave because higher than them is really bad. They are very stingy and are always looking to cut back hours even if you do $5000 over your budget
Pros
Some really nice people
Cons
Long hours unpaid
Productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 August 2018
The staff are very friendly and make the workplace feel safe and make you feel like you are part of a great team. The hours are very good and adaptable.
Pros
Good hours
Experience and learning
Senior casual (Former Employee) –  Helensvale31 July 2018
i completed my Certificate 3 business t city beach. i was taught well and learnt b=very quickly. it was enjoyable and my employers were always helpful.
Pros
discounted clothes
Cons
unpredictable hours
Terrible place
CASUAL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  City Beach WA24 July 2018
Terrible place to work, constant bullying and run very poorly. Management give no guidance at all and consistently takes longer breaks than assigned. It was found that the manger had been altering workers pay checks and stripping them of money they had earned in order for the store to save more money.
Good.
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD10 May 2018
Good first job. Got to learn many things and the workplace was pretty welcoming. Taught me many things so that I could then take my skills to other jobs.
Pros
good hours.
Cons
bad pay.
You have to work your way to the top
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA20 March 2018
I’ve been working as a casual at City Beach for about a year and 6 months now and I have only just started getting a reasonable amount of hours. When just starting I would only work once a fortnight and that continued on for some time. About 5 months later I moved to a different store and got heaps of hours during Christmas, and then got barely any afterwards. After talking to my manager about my hours she has now been giving me 20 hours a fortnight and I am constantly on call. Managers come and go, and they certainly do have their favourites. You have to prove that you can do tasks better and quicker than others in order to make a good impression. Pay is very very reasonable and if you work over 7 and a half hours you get an hour break as well as a 10.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Managers have their favourites - many people get a poor amount of hours
easy to work in
Worker (Current Employee) –  Murarrie QLD6 March 2018
easy work and simple hours
i learned how to produce stock
management was nice
was fun working with others
easy to make friends
lunch breaks were enjoyable
free coffee
Fun environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 February 2018
Working at city beach was good, gave good pay, shifts where okay but the position where i was working started getting boring an could have been put somewhere else besides on door.
Pros
good pay
Cons
positioning
Fun workplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  Loganholme QLD19 December 2017
City beach is a great company to work with. You learn so much working for the company. Everyone is so friendly. Fairly easy job and if you are passionate about retail, city beach is a good place to work at.
Pros
- 20% Discount. - Christmas party’s. - competitions
Cons
- not enough hours some weeks - paid fortnightly
Chill
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 October 2017
It's too much work, they don't let you sit. It's exhausting.
I would not want to go there again. The employers were very nice though. The breaks were nice and long.
not to many hours
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD5 October 2017
didn't really get any hours, only 6 hours per week. it got busy but had to hang up alot of clothes and restore clothing around but it was a good first job! lovely people and staff
Pros
great vibe
Cons
short hours
work place
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremantle WA29 August 2017
city beach is my longest and second job - it has taught me big experiences, and over the four year of working here had boosted my experiences with customers and learning to become confident. the best part of the job is everyone is treated equally, the hours are very well.
Pros
discounts, good hours
Cons
nothing
Relaxed place to work as long as you work and turn up
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Murarrie QLD14 July 2017
Overall not a bad place to work at, but I was only ever casual. I needed something more permanent. Good staff, good hours, easy job, very similar to super cheap dc.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hard to get full time
no table tennis just one flat screen tv
Store person/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Murarrie QLD1 February 2017
it was a good place to work as it had its ups and downs. the people were great not everyone got along as there were a variety of different ages- from teenagers right up to 50-60yr old workers. it was productive enough but could be better.
Pros
free lunches depends on the department you are working in
Cons
its seasonal work so hours only long when busy. mainly towards end or start of a season.
Not too bad for a temporary job.
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA22 January 2017
Had very good pay for my age especially weekends, managers favoured certain others which resulted them to being counter trained earlier than the others who've worked longer. Barely ever got shifts.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Almost no shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Beach Australia. Our community is ready to answer.