City of Bunbury Employee Reviews

A professional and fun workplace with great staff members and team leaders
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA1 January 2019
I have really enjoyed volunteering for the City of Bunbury as the work environment there was extremely fun yet professional. Each and every employee I worked with were lovely and welcoming.

This opportunity allowed me to learn about working hard and ethically. It also enabled me improve on my efficiency and time management skills.

As a volunteer I still had flexible (and reasonable) working hours. I had a reasonable lunch time and breaks during my shift. I was also offered free water, which was a necessity since we were working outdoors and under the sun.

Overall, volunteering for the City of Bunbury for SkyFest Australia Day Celebrations (26/01/2017) and Christmas in the City Celebration (11/12/16) was a pleasure and I would happily take part in other volunteering opportunities orchestrated by them.
Pros
long breaks, reasonable and flexible hours
Cons
I didn't get payed since I volunteered
If you must take the job buy a union membership
Officer (Former Employee) –  City of Bunbury3 September 2018
I am female. I am unable to be too specific. If I could, I believe you wouldn't even write a cover letter let alone attend an interview.
Yes the salary is good. Yes there are nice people to work with. But there are nice people in every organisation, what you want is management (who control your job security, your work life) who follow their own values.
It's not the same for every position or every department, but if you think waiting four months to get two days off in the school holidays with your children approved is too long RED FLAG.
If you want all workers to have the same rules of lead time for leave RED FLAG.
If you want to be treated with respect, in my experience, AND others experience, RED FLAG.
If you enjoy others trying, over and over again, to walk all over your boundaries, then this is your perfect employer, APPLY. If you enjoy having to defend your 'personal boundaries' over and over, APPLY. If you still want to apply after reading this, I genuinely hope you do not experience what I "allegedly" did. I hope you don't need a job that bad. Have you really exhausted all other options?? If you do need a job that bad, union and a supportive partner are in my experience, essential criteria.
Pros
Money
Cons
Culture, values, difficulty getting leave approved, culture
City of Bunbury Work Experience
Community Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA3 January 2018
- Coordination of Youth Development council (YAC) and support in
developing the first YAC strategy plan.
- Facilitation and successful grant applications for community
fundraising.
- Creation and organisation of events including the Bunbury
Skatepark Competition, Youth Connections and organisation and
coordination of school holiday programs.
- Integration of multiculturalism into community profile.
Pros
Variability if work, supervisory experience, ability to work with Youth and Community
Cons
Lack of resources and staff
Excellent Employer
CCTV Officer (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA31 October 2017
Excellent employer I regret leaving and if given the chance I would return to workin for the City Of Bunbury. Freindly staff excellent managers and always help one another.
Pros
freindly staff excellent working conditions
Cons
none to mention
rules change for certain people
Parking Ranger (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA12 May 2017
The boss I had was good however the council likes to change rules for certain people. if you was a councillor you almost got to do what you wanted. that's what I didn't like should be fare