City of Bunbury

6: City of Bunbury Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

great freedom, good locations, friendly people

enjoyed every minute working for the city of bunbury, would gladly take another opportunity to work for them. friendly staff and customers make every day a breeze.

Pros

close to home every day

Cons

hard to estimate some jobs

A professional and fun workplace with great staff members and team leaders

I have really enjoyed volunteering for the City of Bunbury as the work environment there was extremely fun yet professional. Each and every employee I worked with were lovely and welcoming. This opportunity allowed me to learn about working hard and ethically. It also enabled me improve on my efficiency and time management skills. As a volunteer I still had flexible (and reasonable) working hours. I had a reasonable lunch time and breaks during my shift. I was also offered free water, which was a necessity since we were working outdoors and under the sun. Overall, volunteering for the City of Bunbury for SkyFest Australia Day Celebrations (26/01/2017) and Christmas in the City Celebration (11/12/16) was a pleasure and I would happily take part in other volunteering opportunities orchestrated by them.

Pros

long breaks, reasonable and flexible hours

Cons

I didn't get payed since I volunteered

If you must take the job buy a union membership

I am female. I am unable to be too specific. If I could, I believe you wouldn't even write a cover letter let alone attend an interview. Yes the salary is good. Yes there are nice people to work with. But there are nice people in every organisation, what you want is management (who control your job security, your work life) who follow their own values. It's not the same for every position or every department, but if you think waiting four months to get two days off in the school holidays with your children approved is too long RED FLAG. If you want all workers to have the same rules of lead time for leave RED FLAG. If you want to be treated with respect, in my experience, AND others experience, RED FLAG. If you enjoy others trying, over and over again, to walk all over your boundaries, then this is your perfect employer, APPLY. If you enjoy having to defend your 'personal boundaries' over and over, APPLY. If you still want to apply after reading this, I genuinely hope you do not experience what I "allegedly" did. I hope you don't need a job that bad. Have you really exhausted all other options?? If you do need a job that bad, union and a supportive partner are in my experience, essential criteria.

Pros

Money

Cons

Culture, values, difficulty getting leave approved, culture

City of Bunbury Work Experience

- Coordination of Youth Development council (YAC) and support in developing the first YAC strategy plan. - Facilitation and successful grant applications for community fundraising. - Creation and organisation of events including the Bunbury Skatepark Competition, Youth Connections and organisation and coordination of school holiday programs. - Integration of multiculturalism into community profile.

Pros

Variability if work, supervisory experience, ability to work with Youth and Community

Cons

Lack of resources and staff

Excellent Employer

Excellent employer I regret leaving and if given the chance I would return to workin for the City Of Bunbury. Freindly staff excellent managers and always help one another.

Pros

freindly staff excellent working conditions

Cons

none to mention

rules change for certain people

The boss I had was good however the council likes to change rules for certain people. if you was a councillor you almost got to do what you wanted. that's what I didn't like should be fare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Bunbury. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

City of Bunbury Reviews by Location

Learn about City of Bunbury in popular locations

• City of Bunbury
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?