City of Bunbury
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Bunbury Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews
enjoyed every minute working for the city of bunbury, would gladly take another opportunity to work for them. friendly staff and customers make every day a breeze.
Pros
close to home every day
Cons
hard to estimate some jobs
I have really enjoyed volunteering for the City of Bunbury as the work environment there was extremely fun yet professional. Each and every employee I worked with were lovely and welcoming.

This opportunity allowed me to learn about working hard and ethically. It also enabled me improve on my efficiency and time management skills.

As a volunteer I still had flexible (and reasonable) working hours. I had a reasonable lunch time and breaks during my shift. I was also offered free water, which was a necessity since we were working outdoors and under the sun.

Overall, volunteering for the City of Bunbury for SkyFest Australia Day Celebrations (26/01/2017) and Christmas in the City Celebration (11/12/16) was a pleasure and I would happily take part in other volunteering opportunities orchestrated by them.
Pros
long breaks, reasonable and flexible hours
Cons
I didn't get payed since I volunteered
I am female. I am unable to be too specific. If I could, I believe you wouldn't even write a cover letter let alone attend an interview.
Yes the salary is good. Yes there are nice people to work with. But there are nice people in every organisation, what you want is management (who control your job security, your work life) who follow their own values.

It's not the same for every position or every department, but if you think waiting four months to get two days off in the school holidays with your children approved is too long RED FLAG.

If you want all workers to have the same rules of lead time for leave RED FLAG.

If you want to be treated with respect, in my experience, AND others experience, RED FLAG.

If you enjoy others trying, over and over again, to walk all over your boundaries, then this is your perfect employer, APPLY. If you enjoy having to defend your 'personal boundaries' over and over, APPLY. If you still want to apply after reading this, I genuinely hope you do not experience what I "allegedly" did. I hope you don't need a job that bad. Have you really exhausted all other options?? If you do need a job that bad, union and a supportive partner are in my experience, essential criteria.
Pros
Money
Cons
Culture, values, difficulty getting leave approved, culture
- Coordination of Youth Development council (YAC) and support in
developing the first YAC strategy plan.

- Facilitation and successful grant applications for community

fundraising.

- Creation and organisation of events including the Bunbury

Skatepark Competition, Youth Connections and organisation and

coordination of school holiday programs.

- Integration of multiculturalism into community profile.
Pros
Variability if work, supervisory experience, ability to work with Youth and Community
Cons
Lack of resources and staff
Excellent employer I regret leaving and if given the chance I would return to workin for the City Of Bunbury. Freindly staff excellent managers and always help one another.
Pros
freindly staff excellent working conditions
Cons
none to mention
The boss I had was good however the council likes to change rules for certain people. if you was a councillor you almost got to do what you wanted. that's what I didn't like should be fare
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Bunbury?