City of Bunbury logo
City of Bunbury
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Bunbury Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
4.0Work–Life Balance
3.7Pay & Benefits

A professional and fun workplace with great staff members and team leaders

I have really enjoyed volunteering for the City of Bunbury as the work environment there was extremely fun yet professional. Each and every employee I worked with were lovely and welcoming. This opportunity allowed me to learn about working hard and ethically. It also enabled me improve on my efficiency and time management skills. As a volunteer I still had flexible (and reasonable) working hours. I had a reasonable lunch time and breaks during my shift. I was also offered free water, which was a necessity since we were working outdoors and under the sun. Overall, volunteering for the City of Bunbury for SkyFest Australia Day Celebrations (26/01/2017) and Christmas in the City Celebration (11/12/16) was a pleasure and I would happily take part in other volunteering opportunities orchestrated by them.

Pros

long breaks, reasonable and flexible hours

Cons

I didn't get payed since I volunteered

If you must take the job buy a union membership

I am female. I am unable to be too specific. If I could, I believe you wouldn't even write a cover letter let alone attend an interview. Yes the salary is good. Yes there are nice people to work with. But there are nice people in every organisation, what you want is management (who control your job security, your work life) who follow their own values. It's not the same for every position or every department, but if you think waiting four months to get two days off in the school holidays with your children approved is too long RED FLAG. If you want all workers to have the same rules of lead time for leave RED FLAG. If you want to be treated with respect, in my experience, AND others experience, RED FLAG. If you enjoy others trying, over and over again, to walk all over your boundaries, then this is your perfect employer, APPLY. If you enjoy having to defend your 'personal boundaries' over and over, APPLY. If you still want to apply after reading this, I genuinely hope you do not experience what I "allegedly" did. I hope you don't need a job that bad. Have you really exhausted all other options?? If you do need a job that bad, union and a supportive partner are in my experience, essential criteria.

Pros

Money

Cons

Culture, values, difficulty getting leave approved, culture

Jobs at City of Bunbury