City of Casey
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Casey Employee Reviews

3.8Job Security & Advancement

Fun and rewarding career path

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with young children who come from different cultural backgrounds, and shaping young minds for the future.The hardest part of the job was the paperwork

Overall at time of employment, more support could of been had regarding positions vacant and not received when although however proved capable.

Hoping future that all other suppir t workers will be dealt with more fairness, compassion and understanding when undergoing difficult circumstances and underlying diversity trials and complex needs support.

I loved working at Casey Shire Council. Workmates are friendly and the services that the Management provide staff are excellent. Best I've seen and experienced. I was employed under a contract type of position and would have loved to continue to work there under either casual or a part time basis due to my location.

Supportive workplace

Friendly, opportunity to move within council. The coordinators and managers were quite friendly. Other workers didnt seem to get involved with the kids during activities

Job is mostly cleaning

roster staff always make errors so makes your job really stressful. Roster department worst I've ever experienced and are mostly rude to deal with. ..

Pros

Don't have to work in an office

Cons

90% of work is house cleaning

Encouraging SRO’s and the family daycare staff always there to help us with any issues and doubts.

Setting up play experience for children under four.Encouraged good behaviour using the positive reinforcement method. Established a safe play environment.Instructed children on proper health and personal habits. Communicated openly with children’s parents about daily activities. Allowed for ample outdoor recreation time.

Pros

Satisfaction and joy of looking after children

Flexible, open office environment. Friendly staff. No stress. Experienced managers. Frequent management updates. No bullying and politics. Plenty of parking.

Pros

Open office

Cons

High quality environment to get the work experience

High quality standards are maintained and one can get sound knowledge about the policies and procedures within their work environment. Safe and enjoyable environment to work.

Productive working team helping the residents of Casey.

The council went through massive changes of leadership and team balance over the last few years. I always enjoyed my work and now look to work in a part time or casual basis. Like anywhere there was disharmony and unpleasantness but I distanced myself from that so that it did not affect my work.

This was a job I enjoyed for almost ten years.

After completing my cert. III in aged care I started working for the City of Casey as a part of a large team of home and community care staff. During this time many senior staff changes occurred and were regularly accompanied by different systems for doing things. This was always done with the intention of making things run more smoothly but sometimes brought about a new set of challenges.Generally though things ran pretty well and the clients were provided with a good range of services that were delivered by cheery staff.The home care team at Casey were a good bunch of people to work with.

Organize office and workers, with Team Managers always helpfull

Loved meeting new clients and listening to what they wanted, with in the avenue of our Care Plan, to see to there hygiene to make sure they were comfortable for the rest of the day, to always had the encouragement to better myself, didn't see a lot of co-workers as we were on the road by ourselves, but met some lovely co-workers which I would

Pros

free lunches, always something to eat at meetings

Cons

the hours were suitable to me

Local Government Councillor

Elected representative. Challenging and rewarding Attending briefings and meetings as required Engaging with stakeholders Developing strategies Political environment Enjoyed working with council staff on projects whenever possible

Pros

varied work

Cons

demanding public profile

Quite enjoyable, but hard work.

A typical day would be arriving at 6:00am or 6:30am and working out in the bushland until 3:30pm. I learned a lot about plants, but also that it was not the right career choice for me. Management was great, they were very organised. My co-workers were extremely helpful and friendly. Hardest part was being outside all the time. Most enjoyable part was working with great people and seeing a lot more of my local area.

Pros

Working with great people

Cons

Long tiring days.