City of Darwin Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Manager People Culture & Capability (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT26 April 2017
Every person has the ability to influence outcomes at a grass roots level.
In the Human Resouces profession, you get to work across the broad spectrum of HR functions with the ability to influence change across the business.
Happy atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Administration Officer - Level 3/Step 1 (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT12 March 2017
On a daily basis I would respond to customer enquiries, and process payroll for Parks employees. Enjoyed being part of a team, flexibility at work, great management.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
City of Darwin
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT5 April 2016
Working for the City of Darwin was very rewarding and I was given opportunities to stand in for other positions. The work tempo was fast and required meeting deadlines for ongoing process and development applications.

Meeting the deadlines and proofreading documents before being published was challenging and at times required extra working hours.

There was a good team vibe and different departments supporting each other,

I thrived in this working environment.
Pros
6 weeks annual leave
Productive workplace
Fun Bus Engagement Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin, NT27 April 2014
Starting as a Trainee, was daunting, there was so much to learn in so little time. As my traineeship progressed the children Got to know me and I got to know them. I really enjoyed interacting with the children and watching them learn through play. The typical day would include setting up activities in an outdoor area, each at different venues each day. Meeting new parents and children that come along to the service, Chatting to team members about suggestions for the service. Cleaning and maintaining of equipment
such as painting. Halfway through parents and children would come around in a circle and sing nursery rhymes, read a story then morning tea, which would be fruit provided by parents as a contribute for using the service. Afterwards Team mates and I would clean the Story time mat and each child would then continue on with the activities. I learned so much being a trainee and the needs of each child, how important interaction with each child is and their development. The hardest part of my job would be to watch parents chatting away or on their phone and not participating at all with their childs play. The main purpose of the Fun Bus Play group is for the Parents to interact with their children not other parents. The first 5 years of a childs life is for the parents to interact with their child to increase their development before being introduced to schooling.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being around people who are caring and helpful, as i started my co workers and superviser was very welcoming to the service and very patient with me. My superviser made
  more... it very clear to me on what to do and said I could go to her at any time if I had any questions.  less
Pros
Working in an outside environment with supply of water

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Darwin. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4