City of Darwin
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Darwin Employee Reviews for Fun Bus Engagement Officer in Darwin NT

Found 1 review matching the search
Starting as a Trainee, was daunting, there was so much to learn in so little time. As my traineeship progressed the children Got to know me and I got to know them. I really enjoyed interacting with the children and watching them learn through play. The typical day would include setting up activities in an outdoor area, each at different venues each day. Meeting new parents and children that come along to the service, Chatting to team members about suggestions for the service. Cleaning and maintaining of equipment such as painting. Halfway through parents and children would come around in a circle and sing nursery rhymes, read a story then morning tea, which would be fruit provided by parents as a contribute for using the service. Afterwards Team mates and I would clean the Story time mat and each child would then continue on with the activities. I learned so much being a trainee and the needs of each child, how important interaction with each child is and their development. The hardest part of my job would be to watch parents chatting away or on their phone and not participating at all with their childs play. The main purpose of the Fun Bus Play group is for the Parents to interact with their children not other parents. The first 5 years of a childs life is for the parents to interact with their child to increase their development before being introduced to schooling. The most enjoyable part of my job is being around people who are caring and helpful, as i started my co workers and superviser was very welcoming to the service and very patient with me. My superviser made - more...
Pros
Working in an outside environment with supply of water
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Darwin?