City of Greater Dandenong
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Greater Dandenong Employee Reviews

No opportunity was given to continue. They called back again after I took up another role. I would go back to this Council only if permanent role is offered
the place is terrible and they think they are superior than everyone else, and will wrongly fine people but they dont care because there the idiots they are.
Pros
Cons
terrible
Great team work and management support. Variety responsibilities, good Professional Development. highly recommended place
Lovely place to work The Council is so kind and always helping where they can. I have loved being a Volunteer with them since I was 16.
Pros
free lunches
Library management fabricated stories, lied in reason for job and only allowed 2-4 hours each day to fulfill tasks in role (rest of time spent on customer service) whilst adding tasks that other managers should have been doing because of my experience. Simple impossible to do this role with the limited daily hours allowed.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Management lie, fabricate stories, deceitful.
• Advise Community Care, ADASS, Food Services employees on OH&S and Work Cover matters • Assist employees, Business Unit Leaders and Team Leaders with the completion of incident report forms and Work Cover documentation as appropriate • Receive all OH&S hazard reports and respond accordingly, which may include undertaking in-home client visits to negotiate satisfactory outcomes to eliminate or minimise identified hazards • Develop and maintain a system to ensure all requisite safety equipment & protective gear is adequately stocked and maintained in accordance with manufacturers recommendations • Initiate and schedule regular briefing meetings with Organisational Development H&S Consultant and business unit OH&S Representatives • In consultation with the Aged Care Quality Assurance Officer, review and update procedures and policies to ensure health & safety issues and hazards are identified and addressed • Advise Community Care Team Leaders & Support Officers on roster and work design to minimise risk to employees • Act as Return to Work Co-coordinator for the Aged & Disability Services business units • In consultation with Organisational Development’s H&S Consultant, and Business Unit Leaders and Community Care Team Leaders, actively work to find suitable alternative or modified duties for injured employees • Manage return to work programs for injured employees • Liaise with Rehabilitation Providers and medical practitioners regarding injured workers Maintain regular contact with injured workers to monitor progress and ensure a continued - more...
I enjoy support people who are old, frail, and disabilities help them to remain their independent lives at their own home. I am doing diploma in community service in order to learn assessing their needs, plan ,manage services to suit their needs. I hope to have an opportunity to build skills in undertake supervised work placement in your organisation. These experience necessary to competently perform case management activities for future case workers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Greater Dandenong?