City of Melbourne
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Melbourne Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
4.0Work–Life Balance
3.6Job Security & Advancement

Best place I have ever worked

I worked in the Engineering Branch and was very lucky to have a great manager who supported our team. The work was meaningful and the organisation was full of switched on and motivated individuals. A high volume of work but work-life balance taken seriously. Many opportunities to do training of various sorts was encouraged. I loved working there - until the restructure. The whole vibe changed. Everyone was miserable. A number of people in our team (including myself) either lost their jobs or were asked to take significant pay cuts. It may have improved again since then - but certainly not 'the good old days'. Still, a very worthwhile place to work.

Pros

Great people, meaningful work

Cons

Contract roles becoming the norm

Fun place to work which makes a difference in the community

Fair and equitable employer, that is flexible. They support personal and professional development. An organisation that is open to new and innovative ideas.

Team building excerices

A fun place to work. Social Club, Made plenty of friends over the period spent at work. Social discounts. Flexibility. I had plenty of opportunities in my early years to move around, giving me the knowledge and know how of today.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

leaving

Jobs at City of Melbourne