City of Melville
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Melville Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
Customer Service has lots of diversity within the role, working with many different departments and making a difference to the community. I really enjoy working with the community and building really good working relationships.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Lack of permanant full time work
Friendly team. Given directives of expectations and small induction, basically left to myself to achieve targets.
Daily brief to manager.

Contract went longer than expected due to personell shortage and positive feed back.
I loved working at Melville as the workplace culture was excellent. There were many opportunities for increasing my skills. The people and Social Club were on the ball and friendly.
Pros
Mentoring and opportunities
Staff at the coal face are fantastic people, unfortunately that is where it stops. Management is top heavy and do not support staff. Culture of lying intimidation bullying and self gain. Don't even think about raising an issue as then you become a target.
Pros
Operational staff
Cons
The big issue here is that as an LGA they are very risk adverse and it takes time to change any processes, or services, even if demanded by residents. There is also a strong top down management style.
Pros
Close to parks
Many different fashions in top management. Cultural differences are not handled due to favoritism and minority are not treated well. Staff are friendly and enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part is working for management who are not supportive. A typical day of work involves conducting analysis on improvement issues with process owners and assist them with new actions.
Pros
CEO leadership and open door policy, empowerment etc.
Cons
Old culture and control culture.
A typical day at work consisted of driving around the assigned area of the community observing safety and security issues and resolving them. And getting periodic call-out from local residents.
I leaned to communicate to people both within and outside the organization.

The workplace culture was adverse since all the employees within the service was from all parts of the world.

The hardest part of the job was the hours. It was shift work and 12 hour shifts at that.. Rotation was sometimes hard to handle.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know all the council members.
Pros
Working with the City of Melville.
Cons
The hours
Ideal place to work.
Management was helpful and friendly and everyone was given encouragement and positivy at all times.

My time from working there was all positive.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Melville?