City of Parramatta
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
City of Parramatta Employee Review

good work culture

16 June 2015
working in front of house a single shift can involve meeting and greeting patrons at the front door, serving food and beverage at the bar, ushering people into the theatre and guiding them to their seats, ensuring their is no crowd behaviour disruptive to the show, setting up tables and chairs for functions, and ensuring patrons are pleased with riverside service. The work culture is good, everyone gets along nicely and if there is any uncertainty over a task everyone is very approachable. there has been newcomers since I have worked there and I enjoy getting to work with new people and showing them how things get done. The roster is planned monthly so I can plan one month in advance around my work schedule, yet there is also flexibility so i can accept new shifts when offered to me and balance work with other commitments such as my full time study.
2 February 2020
Parramatta (Former Employee) - Parramatta NSW
If you are new everything is good for you, long-term not so much. The benefits really got cut after a few years, no incentives, no promotions. Process for changes to be made are slow.
Pros
Orientation Day is great
3 October 2019
Administrative Assistant - Traffic Section (Former Employee) - Parramatta NSW
I would not hesitate to recommend Parramatta City Council as an employer of choice. Definitely work life balance, Flexi time and supportive staff and environment.
10 April 2019
Same location
Rates Officer.Assistant expenditure clerk-Treasury (Former Employee) - 126 Church street Parramatta
Parramatta City Council is a modern council in an ideal locality in the heart of the west CBD. Very close to the train station which makes it easy for staff to come from any where in Sydney. The professionism stands out in most things they do. The staff are friendly and cooperative.