City of Parramatta
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Parramatta Employee Reviews in Parramatta NSW

Parramatta NSW13 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Fun workplace

Very fun work environment, people there were very friendly. Amazing atmosphere there. The location was also very good as it was right next to parramatta west-fields..

Toxic culture with very little support from HR or upper management.

Run.....and don’t look back!Toxic work culture acknowledged by HR.Hint: never go to HRDo yourself a favor and look elsewhere, save yourself the stress and disappointment. You will find yourself looking for another job.

Cons

Toxic culture

If you are new everything is good for you

If you are new everything is good for you, long-term not so much. The benefits really got cut after a few years, no incentives, no promotions. Process for changes to be made are slow.

Pros

Orientation Day is great

Great working culture

I would not hesitate to recommend Parramatta City Council as an employer of choice. Definitely work life balance, Flexi time and supportive staff and environment.

a modern council

Parramatta City Council is a modern council in an ideal locality in the heart of the west CBD. Very close to the train station which makes it easy for staff to come from any where in Sydney. The professionism stands out in most things they do. The staff are friendly and cooperative.

productive place to work with ability to grow career wise

Great place to work opportunity to grow and develop. Supportive co workers. I worked in Customer Service. Typical day would include answering phone calls from customers, handling enquiries.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

No cons

pool lifeguard

This was a great job being outdoors in the sun but with this job there are responsibilities looking after the public maintaining a safe environment to the public

Pros

lifestyle

Cons

wages

Productive hardworking place to work

Answering calls Entering information into database Interacting with customers General office & administration duties Directing calls Great management and great team environment Culture everyone fit in and everyone is very welcoming

Nice Workplace - Work isn't Stimulating

Work that I performed was menial - really lovely people though and good pay. Working in Parramatta is largely safe, despite what you hear.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Physical Labour

good work culture

working in front of house a single shift can involve meeting and greeting patrons at the front door, serving food and beverage at the bar, ushering people into the theatre and guiding them to their seats, ensuring their is no crowd behaviour disruptive to the show, setting up tables and chairs for functions, and ensuring patrons are pleased with riverside service. The work culture is good, everyone gets along nicely and if there is any uncertainty over a task everyone is very approachable. there has been newcomers since I have worked there and I enjoy getting to work with new people and showing them how things get done. The roster is planned monthly so I can plan one month in advance around my work schedule, yet there is also flexibility so i can accept new shifts when offered to me and balance work with other commitments such as my full time study.

freindly work place and co worker,s

your roll in the team is not the same one day from the next ,i have learnt to use a tablet computer for start up every day your roll can be from picking up litter to mowing,wipper snipping to cleaning toilets the hardest part of the job is delealing with the public i look forward to going to work it,s a good place to work and the employer,s are good and freindly to work with

Good place to work, very friendly

Had an enjoyable day working with and providing food to the homeless and disadvantaged. Had a very friendly staff.

Excellent working environment

Worked with Outcomes Group and Corporate Planning and Performance Unit of Council for a period of approximately six months on a fixed term basis. During this period I carried out the following task: a) Research project, investigating the take up rate of internet and personal computer technology in Western Sydney. The work involved considerable contact with external stakeholders, b) Development and implementation of a wide range of outcomes measures to assist in the establishment of strategic planning in Council, c) Education and development of Senior Project Officers in the definition and measurement of outcomes performance, d) Conducting of training for key Council staff in the fundamentals of statistics and the use of revelevant software application ( Statistical package for Social Scientists-SPSS).

Pros

good location

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Parramatta. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• City of Parramatta
  • Parramatta NSW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?