City of Parramatta logo
City of Parramatta
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Parramatta Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
4.1Work–Life Balance
3.8Pay & Benefits

Great working culture

I would not hesitate to recommend Parramatta City Council as an employer of choice. Definitely work life balance, Flexi time and supportive staff and environment.

good work culture

working in front of house a single shift can involve meeting and greeting patrons at the front door, serving food and beverage at the bar, ushering people into the theatre and guiding them to their seats, ensuring their is no crowd behaviour disruptive to the show, setting up tables and chairs for functions, and ensuring patrons are pleased with riverside service. The work culture is good, everyone gets along nicely and if there is any uncertainty over a task everyone is very approachable. there has been newcomers since I have worked there and I enjoy getting to work with new people and showing them how things get done. The roster is planned monthly so I can plan one month in advance around my work schedule, yet there is also flexibility so i can accept new shifts when offered to me and balance work with other commitments such as my full time study.

Excellent working environment

Worked with Outcomes Group and Corporate Planning and Performance Unit of Council for a period of approximately six months on a fixed term basis. During this period I carried out the following task: a) Research project, investigating the take up rate of internet and personal computer technology in Western Sydney. The work involved considerable contact with external stakeholders, b) Development and implementation of a wide range of outcomes measures to assist in the establishment of strategic planning in Council, c) Education and development of Senior Project Officers in the definition and measurement of outcomes performance, d) Conducting of training for key Council staff in the fundamentals of statistics and the use of revelevant software application ( Statistical package for Social Scientists-SPSS).

Pros

good location

Cons