City of Sydney
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Sydney Employee Reviews

Coming from an experienced events and production background I found the interview process and onboarding very underwhelming. The manager of the partnerships department was completely inept and thus a culture of overcompensation, confusion and lack of clarity on policy ensued. What they need is a clearing out of the dead wood and the appointment of talented leadership in Partnerships.
Pros
19 day fortnight. Flexible working hours
Cons
Inexperienced department mangers. Inept leadership
Great culture, caring and supportive management. Not always up to speed with best practice but very keen to do better and evolve. Collaborative and respectful.
Never a dull moment at the City of Sydney. Strong set of working values, collaborative mindset, delivering innovation, change management, sustained work-life environment. Challenges that bring out the best outcomes and improvements across the CBD. Welcoming culture. Plenty of space to laugh and build relationships. Opportunities to further individual knowledge and build leadership skills.
I really loved working with my colleagues. And I really enjoyed meeting New People and Helping Tourists and Visitor's in Sydney. I also loved working in different locations. Townhall, Kings Cross, Circular Quay and Chinatown.
Hardest part is when chasing the debtors where you know exactly they are lying to your face but you still need to politely and professionally deal with it.
Because so many old school people still work there's a problem moving up , plus there's a ranking you have to go through which is algood , but with some many still there in the 60s you have a long way until you want to be, in council plus a some of them are on light duties.
It is super inclusive. The workload was manageable. As an intern I learned a great deal - that experience has taken me a far way. I would definitely return.
- Rock up and talk with everyone and just chill in the ref room until your game is on - Learned many life lessons swell as refereeing skills - Relaxed and kind culture
Working with the City of Sydney provided me with the opportunity to experience Administrative duties and supervisory skills being able to delegate workers on the job. I am a confident conversationalist in person and on the phone which includes giving basic information or detailed information.
Pros
Start early and finish before 2:30PM
Cons
City of Sydney (CoS) provides employees the good environment and the location of City of Sydney is excellent (Town Hall) but there is unpredictable contract termination.
Pros
Cons
Unpredictable contract termination
It is an organisation where you get to learn while making friends, being casual and professional at the same time. You also get a chance to have team outings which is great.
City of Sydney recognises the need for work life balance, and provides an equal opportunity workplace, with room to progress your career. productive workplace.
Slow paced which will be frustrating for those from Private sector. Great work life balance due to flexibility and 19 day month. Majority of employees are genuine and want to provide a great service to the community.
not permanent work. People are really friendly and the offices are nice. Very flexible with holiday and time away from the office. Really good location.
A fabulous experience that I enjoyed every day at work. There was a variety of work offered by recognition in efforts with all involved as a Community setting. The diversity of Cultural understanding and the amazing people who make a real difference in experiences that show the world how diverse and multicultural collaboration can be displayed in celebrated events. All is Welcomed! Tips....Keep up the wonderful work ♡
Very poor culture and very little professionalism in general. Great job benefits however, a lot of employee absences on a daily basis
i like working in the city and in a team on varyious shifts.and i feel rewarded at the end of my shift will helping the public with directions and general help.
Great place to work and very friendly top management. My colleagues were very helpful.
Pros
Separate cabin and flexible timings
Cons
Job insecurity as I was a contractor.
trimming, pruning, removals a vast range of experience and competencies good manager good work crew working in heat I love all aspects of my job
Pros
9 day fortnight
Cons
none i loved my job
Looking after the Parks and gardens in the community and ensuring the neatness and cleanliness of the environment.I learnt the effective use of mechanical equipment needed to maintain the parks and gardens.Being responsible with company vehicles in and outside of work hours proved how trustworthy I was.I most enjoyed the activeness of the job and being outdoors on a day to day basis and meeting new people.
Pros
the ability to work unsupervised