City of Sydney
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Sydney Employee Reviews

4.3Work–Life Balance

New work shop easy going good people ,Work shop ok , plenty of politics in clencing , CEO had no idear only a pencil pusher Rest of the management is ok,

Pros

Job sequrity, OK place to work

Cons

Look in to what you sign before join things change change every day

Terrible depressing workplace

I resigned from city of Sydney Parks because new management have transformed a good work place to a depressing stressful deceitful bully environment

Pros

Salary was good if you stay long enough

Cons

lies, intimidation, increased resignations

Enjoyable working environment

Great staff and management, good working ethics, well supported. Interesting and challenging work load.Good plant and equipment, plenty of opportunity's to train and move within different departments if qualified.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

can get bogged down in work load. But that's common in most jobs.

Managers inexperienced

Coming from an experienced events and production background I found the interview process and onboarding very underwhelming. The manager of the partnerships department was completely inept and thus a culture of overcompensation, confusion and lack of clarity on policy ensued. What they need is a clearing out of the dead wood and the appointment of talented leadership in Partnerships.

Pros

19 day fortnight. Flexible working hours

Cons

Inexperienced department mangers. Inept leadership

Nice place to work

Great culture, caring and supportive management. Not always up to speed with best practice but very keen to do better and evolve. Collaborative and respectful.

Strong delivery of services, productive, collaborative, honesty, continuous improvement

Never a dull moment at the City of Sydney. Strong set of working values, collaborative mindset, delivering innovation, change management, sustained work-life environment. Challenges that bring out the best outcomes and improvements across the CBD. Welcoming culture. Plenty of space to laugh and build relationships. Opportunities to further individual knowledge and build leadership skills.

Productive and Fun

I really loved working with my colleagues. And I really enjoyed meeting New People and Helping Tourists and Visitor's in Sydney. I also loved working in different locations. Townhall, Kings Cross, Circular Quay and Chinatown.

vivid and alive work environment

Hardest part is when chasing the debtors where you know exactly they are lying to your face but you still need to politely and professionally deal with it.

City of Sydney

Because so many old school people still work there's a problem moving up , plus there's a ranking you have to go through which is algood , but with some many still there in the 60s you have a long way until you want to be, in council plus a some of them are on light duties.

Lovely place to work

It is super inclusive. The workload was manageable. As an intern I learned a great deal - that experience has taken me a far way. I would definitely return.

Productive and super fun workplace

- Rock up and talk with everyone and just chill in the ref room until your game is on - Learned many life lessons swell as refereeing skills - Relaxed and kind culture

Productive work place

Working with the City of Sydney provided me with the opportunity to experience Administrative duties and supervisory skills being able to delegate workers on the job. I am a confident conversationalist in person and on the phone which includes giving basic information or detailed information.

Pros

Start early and finish before 2:30PM

Cons

Excellent location and good payment

City of Sydney (CoS) provides employees the good environment and the location of City of Sydney is excellent (Town Hall) but there is unpredictable contract termination.

Pros

Cons

Unpredictable contract termination

Good people to work with

It is an organisation where you get to learn while making friends, being casual and professional at the same time. You also get a chance to have team outings which is great.

good compnay

City of Sydney recognises the need for work life balance, and provides an equal opportunity workplace, with room to progress your career. productive workplace.

Decent role

Slow paced which will be frustrating for those from Private sector. Great work life balance due to flexibility and 19 day month. Majority of employees are genuine and want to provide a great service to the community.

Great work place but...

not permanent work. People are really friendly and the offices are nice. Very flexible with holiday and time away from the office. Really good location.

Loved my Time with City of Sydney and all areas of work experiences I have had with the many people involved.

A fabulous experience that I enjoyed every day at work. There was a variety of work offered by recognition in efforts with all involved as a Community setting. The diversity of Cultural understanding and the amazing people who make a real difference in experiences that show the world how diverse and multicultural collaboration can be displayed in celebrated events. All is Welcomed! Tips....Keep up the wonderful work ♡

Overall culture and professionalism

Very poor culture and very little professionalism in general. Great job benefits however, a lot of employee absences on a daily basis

fair place to work,good bosses.

i like working in the city and in a team on varyious shifts.and i feel rewarded at the end of my shift will helping the public with directions and general help.

Fun Workplace

Great place to work and very friendly top management. My colleagues were very helpful.

Pros

Separate cabin and flexible timings

Cons

Job insecurity as I was a contractor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Sydney. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2