City of Wanneroo
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Wanneroo Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
Working in the Youth sector was great, most of the time. Being able to actively influence young lives for the better, was its own reward. Being paid to take teens out to paid events was also nice.
A great pathway for someone who loves networking. Connecting with other community services to setup and develop initiatives to actively engage the immediate community, provides a great forum to impact the lives of the people of those cimmunities.
Pros
Great people, excellent for networking
Cons
Problem teens, potential for dangerous situations
Loved every minute of it great staff very well trained. Lots of opportunities for different roles through out the council, also opportunities to study for other departments.
Pros
working hours
Cons
I enjoyed working with City of Wanneroo. I learnt how to deal with different culture of people and how to deal with. I don't find any hardest of my job. I enjoyed working with my supervisor and especially my co-workers.
Very disappointed with the workplace culture, it seemed that management didn't want to know about problems on the work site. Also the lack of training for the ground personel.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
most days are good days the only downside is you will work in all sorts of weather. You do get supplied with all the right gear so its not so bad. Some of the workplace culture is a bit old school and clicky.
overall a good place to work with good people, good hours and a 9 day fortnight
Pros
good hours
When I visited the civic center :) The receptionist are very attentive and willing to help me with whatever I asked.

The building was easy to locate (next the library) and very close to the wanneroo recreational center.

The librarian (wanneroo library) willing to aid with inquiries too
The staff at the alexander heights day club are all super friendly-and caring d willing to help.

The faciliator is sweetest thing ever
Pros
friendly and sociable staff
Cons
I worked for the City Of Wanneroo in the Building Maintenance department. By WA private building company standards I was low paid and we were all lethargic because there isn't that much work to do. Just drive around and fill in the all important paperwork.

Management to be incompetent and only looking after their own backs.

Job training was the same. We were only trained so as any later incidents / accidents could then clear the C.O.W. for any liabilities.

Paperwork was all important.
Pros
Easy work load
Cons
Paperwork!!
Health and safety at the workplace is always a priority.
Strict adherence to time management.

High priority given to PPE

Amiable and helpful co-workers

An understanding and highly organised Supervisor.
friendly lots of learning and can be demanding. I have received my forklift ticket, skid/loader ticket hr-A , working at heights and confined spaces ticket . management could be better the hardest part was doing the leading hand role. but enjoyed the job .
Pros
Fixing concrete paths and driving the skid steer
gained experience in concreting and machine operations
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Wanneroo. Our community is ready to answer.
City of Wanneroo Reviews by Location