City of Whittlesea
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

City of Whittlesea Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
I teach dance on a Wednesday afternoon.

The group of people are really nice. They are regulars and commit.

They message if they cannot make it.

Not much correspondence from the city of Whittlesea ,

Not asking how things are going or if we continue next term.
Pros
Able to run class on my own
Cons
It takes over 3 months to get paid
I was predominantly responsible for the investigation of illegal land clearing and construction issues. This included site inspections, interviews, report writing, issuing of infringements and prosecutions in court where necessary.
Loved working for this local council, Unfortunately not a lot of opportunity to advance.

There were constant restructures which did make the working environment stressful for majority of staff.
The main learning is traffic safety and awareness. I have a difficult crossing with drivers often well over the speed limit, plus a heavy traffic load.
I need to watch the traffic build-up to keep it moving, parents parking illegally and blocking view of traffic, and speed and awareness of drivers, as well as being alert of people nearing the crossing.

One cannot always expect children to be aware of rules - to stop and wait, or for cars drivers to be alert - sometimes you feel you need eyes in the back of your head.

I feel I do this job well, gently teaching children I see daily, but have had little regulatory support to slow traffic, or make drivers aware of the crossing risk.

The support among my fellow employees has been excellent, but management is slow to respond to potential vehicle issues, and have little actual control (it is a police issue).

The best part of the job is seeing the children and their parents daily, and getting to know them as friends.
Pros
The time goes quick
Cons
The risk
I wish I'd never left this place because the working environment and the sense of community was on point.
People will go out of their way to make sure you're okay.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Politics
I've worked for the City of Whittlesea since 2004. I'm a hard worker and loved my job, but when I injured my back while working after my back surgery, they didn't want to help me to stay employed with them. They gave me a choice to do a traineeship or be out of work. I was devastated that they treated me so bad. At the time I had no choice but to take the traineeship. Now I am nearly at the end of my traineeship and there are no jobs available here, so it looks like I will have to move on to work somewhere else.
Cons
No job security.
Working for the City of Whittlesea in a local government youth services I found it very rewarding to witness so many different types of programs which help young people develop. Hold a specialised Indigenous port-folio was also very exciting because I got to develop and deliver programs that were very rewarding.
Pros
Creativity Welcomed, Fun, Vibrant, Rewarding
Cons
Usual Government Procedures being slow
typical day tiring rewarding and fun a new thing everyday from children parents or management or from myself being creative management most of the time professional and supportive hardesgt part of the job telling parents if something gone wrong for the day and lokking after sick children when parents are not supportive reassuring new parents that the child will be cared for efficiently whilst in care the most enjoyable part of the jopb hugs and smiles from the children in carre
Pros
answerable only to parents and yourself at the end of the day work from home and own hours
Cons
your home environment sometimes affected your own life
Wonderful place to work, regretful to have had to leave due to medical constraints. Culture is amazing, however very limited opportunity for advancement.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Whittlesea. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8