Civic Transport Employee Reviews

Worst workplace I've been apart of.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Sydney6 April 2019
The workplace is really unprofessional, managers provide no support but expect you to pull in results. State manager has the temper of a 5 year old and is often rude and unapproachable.
Don't work here. Just don't.
Owner Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 March 2019
Biggest bunch of condescending people you'll meet. So pretentious and always try sound superior to you. Most of the time their instructions are so unclear and broken. Once I had to deliver some items to a location and upon arriving I was told that I need a pass to enter which I was not informed of. I had to talk to people there and sort it out myself. There was a delivery to be made to a hospital and the deadline was 3:30 pm. I was making my way there when I got a call from the operators telling me to go to this other location before dropping it off. I told them I wouldn't have enough time but of course being how arrogant they are, they didn't listen. So I had to reroute to the other place and eventually ended up being one hour late for the hospital delivery. Once I had to make a late delivery when I went to the drop off location it was closed. I called the operators and they had already closed up and gone home. It was their responsibility to tell me it would be closed by the time I got there (they can track you on their system). So I had to look for a number at the drop off location so I could tell them where I'd leave the package. These are just a few examples of many, showing how incompetent these people are. At the requirement seminar they told we only had to make deliveries, pick it up from one location and drop it off. But its a lot more than that. As I mentioned earlier their instructions are so unclear that you have to their job as well. The last delivery I made was also delayed by around an hour as a result of following the "operators" instructions. When I told them  more... there is a deadline and wouldn't have enough time to make the delivery they told me, "maybe you're not suited well enough for the job as you don't seem to have enough knowledge about this job." Was told 27/h is the pay. They took 7 out of it initially and suddenly made it 7.50. All can say is, these people are just horrible and theres nothing good about this company. Please do yourself a favour and not work here.  less
Cons
Pretentious, condescending people who don't know how to treat their employees.
Do your self a favour go to road runner transport
Courier driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 February 2019
Civic has one of the worst ratings u can have and also the only company that is having a minum of 2 radios uninstalled a week. I read the reviews went for the job was promised a hole lot of nothing if u want to make 1000 a week u will drive 10 hour days 5 days and none stop just to make it you won't get paid your minum either they promise it but never pay it always a reason there operators play favourites and withhold jobs. There system isint the best they require many deductions when signing the paper work so be aware there is a fair bit to come out each week and they charge u for the radio installed also. GPS signal shows your speed location and alot more. If your happy to work your buttt off for 800 a week go for it other wise do your research so u don't go from company to company then quit and left with a loan would reccomed cheapest cleanest white van nothing over 5g and either go find yourself a contract that u will pay upwards of 800 straight up for witch could work out better or skip theses low paying company's and look for road runner or frf driver jobs. Be aware your limited to what u can make with the vans so make sure u are aware of barn doors for pallets height. A standard 1 ton usually don't push much over 900 a week
Pros
Easy gain employment
Cons
Very low income for alot of driving and poor operations team.
Civic transport are a waste of time wages should be investigated by government very criminal go back on centrelink no joke
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD2 January 2019
Civic transport are a waste of time civic should be investigated by government low wages returns wages are not enough to pay for maintenence of van I think civic should by their own vans and just stick it 😈😈😈😈
Cons
The rates of pay are not sustainable to maintain the vehicle.
Owner/operator (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 June 2018
Rates of pay are far too low. They don't care about the drivers, they are only interested in the vehicle.
There is no opportunity for advancement. Thet will employ many vehicles without worrying about flooding the market.
They do not appear to care about the experience of the operators and employ almost anyone.
Pros
Well organised
Cons
Rates
Don't go there!
Fornet courier - resigned in disgust. (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC6 February 2018
I was there some years ago. Pay is so low that there should be a Government investigation, like the one about the 7-11 worrkers. Operators were bullies, dopes and pschopaths.The only difference between this and outright slavery is that you can quit.
Pros
Cons
Long exhausting hours, for virtually nothing.
Dont be fooled
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 December 2017
Started with them in october in Perth, first the fees were deducted, then the amount of kilometers and the amount of jobs were never as they stated,work 40 hrs for under $5 a hour nett, and wait 3 weeks for your pay. if your bored with nothing to do and want too work for less than they pay at hungry jacks. Waste of time and money.
Pros
fills up the day
Cons
expense no money or profit
Hard and Fast Income
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 December 2017
I've worked for many courier companies and franchises, Civic Transport most recently. While there does exist small, single location based offices who operate like a family, Civic is not one of them. As far as I know, Errand, Delta and Express all operate under the same umbrella and as a contractor you'd be working for them all.

There is a warm welcome and ongoing care as an employee that cannot be overlooked. Constant radio contact ensures parcels don't get misplaced and you don't get lost, on a good day the radio guys keep good company.

Pay isn't great in comparison to other couriers but one can receive daily advancements which is a bonus.

The idea would be to get up at 5.30am and log in by 7.30am so you've already done a few runs before mainstream commercial opening hours. Beat the traffic. Then there's a morning run, afternoon and evening. You'd want to see four separate divisions of your day so that you can assure yourself jobs are flowing since it is easy to be forgotten out in the fields. Don't skip lunch.

Overall I did enjoy working for civic and would reccomened for those who have a good vehicle (sedan or van) and want to keep time outside of work completely seperate to do what you wanna do and not take work home with you, so to speak.

Fab
Pros
wind in the hair, music, diversity
Cons
tiresome hours, traffic, pay
Fun job, not a career opportunity
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT23 August 2017
Great job, rates aren't sufficient to survive in Australia, no advancement, work/life balance was great. The culture of the position is what made the job enjoyable, you meet different people everyday that for the most part were friendly.

Due to Civic having a fairly good system, pickup and deliveries happen in a timely manner. I had the opportunity to get paid well for certain jobs, though 'most' of the time, the rates were mediocre.
If you come from a poor country and are looking for a easy employment opportunity, then this job is for you. As for a family man trying to make a living or a career out of it, avoid this job like the plague and look into startrack.

Between these 3rd party courier companies, they all sit in an office out in Clayton, you have jet, tmcc, civic and some other ones where the sales reps compete with each other. The rates are constantly changing (affecting what the driver gets paid), you will get reps that leave 1 company to go to the next and then contact companies they signed up with their old companies to rake in commission. The industry is genuinely destroyed by these type of companies, if I was to recommend any delivery service to anyone, I would tell them to go to startrack.
Pros
Fresh air all day, meet new people, you dictate your own stereo
Cons
Cbd, payrates, traffic
stay away from civic
ex driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 August 2016
As a driver no one cares about you no matter how hard you work, management only cares for their customers and them selfs, nearly 20 staff in the office means drivers a working to pay their wages, not making anything for them self's, and if something goes wrong you will pay for it even if it's not your fault, I can go on and on ......
Pros
go somewhere else
Cons
very hard work very low wages, management
Enjoyable
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Clatyton10 February 2016
Day usually starts between 6.00am and 8.00am when Civic sends me my first pick and delivery. Then they send me another job or I wait for one and so the day continues. I enjoy the driving and the people. The guys on the 2 way sending me work are very good. The hardest parts are waiting for the next job, finishing earlier than I would like and earning less money than I would like. It's good to have my own truck but I would be happy driving for someone if there was more work.
Pros
being an owner operator
Cons
short days
cashiers
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver, NT16 March 2015
working a daily shift, learnt what is the best customer service how to speak and help the customer. had great management. worked with a really good time with amazing high standards, the job very strong . and not being able help the customer is hard. loved the end of the day when you complimented for the work you did.