Civic Transport
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Civic Transport Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
Overall not bad company to work for you can make a good income if you know what you’re doing but some supervisors are BIG BULLIES operators are ok but some in management don’t know how to manage.
Most I’m professional company ever met worst r the radio operator such as many who think themselves as owners of civic Transport wanna report thm to news channel.
Since the new management took over the company has gone to the dogs. The support of the owner drivers is discussing. The driver's do all the work, cop all the abuse from disgruntled customers and don't even get half the cost of the job.
Had a very bad experience working for this company. If only I could give 0stars. They promised very good pay at the start and end up getting ripped off. Very bad management and the boss treats you like rubbish. Always wanting you running around to do more orders and end up they pay you less but you do more. They are liars and never want to discuss your payslip with them.
They are totally liar, fraud company, It's looks like people are going there not for earning but paying them very low pay, when you go first, they are doing very good conversation with people after everything once you start the job very stupid behavior, Even though they are expected to drive so far from your local area like more the 250km per day, NOT RECOMMENDED ANYONE.
They say you can earn so much but it never happens. No training offered whatsoever. You have to learn by their mistakes, which costs you money. They offered me a guaranteed minimum income but refused to give me a copy of the document I signed. When I gave notice their true colors shone through. I was told after I completed my deliveries for the week that my guaranteed minimum income would not be paid.
Working with civic transport is a great learning experience. It is basically a courier taxi service. I worked as a delivery driver. I used to deliver different packages all over Melbourne.
Management is good and friendly and professional but the pay scale is very low. Had working all day not earning much. Not getting enough break time...
Decent place to work. They help you with the sales basic, but it is a hunter role. You need to find the leads and convert them. Pretty easy sell though (should land 70-80% of appointments once your in the swing of things). Pay is decent, just commission structure is avg.
Wouldn't even bother trying to work for them as they couldnt care less about your health or safety at all basically get paid a fraction of delivery doesn't even pay the bills you wait 3 weeks for your first pay the money you make pays for your petrol for the week thats about it you'd mame more off centrelink dole
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Absolutely everything
Dont work for civic make promises dont live up to them they make mony out of you you go broke with expenses running costs they dont pay anything you start of with 5 days work then it slows to maybe 1 days work a week they don't care should be investigated they yake money away from your pay and dont give a reason for it very long days too make a $200 after you take things out of it you not left with much i would give them a 0
Pros
Long days
Cons
Long hours not much money
The workplace is really unprofessional, managers provide no support but expect you to pull in results. State manager has the temper of a 5 year old and is often rude and unapproachable.
Official response from Civic Transport
5 June 2019
Sorry to hear that, if you would call me on 0437 10 36 35 to provide me with feedback that would be great..
Biggest bunch of condescending people you'll meet. So pretentious and always try sound superior to you. Most of the time their instructions are so unclear and broken. Once I had to deliver some items to a location and upon arriving I was told that I need a pass to enter which I was not informed of. I had to talk to people there and sort it out myself. There was a delivery to be made to a hospital and the deadline was 3:30 pm. I was making my way there when I got a call from the operators telling me to go to this other location before dropping it off. I told them I wouldn't have enough time but of course being how arrogant they are, they didn't listen. So I had to reroute to the other place and eventually ended up being one hour late for the hospital delivery. Once I had to make a late delivery when I went to the drop off location it was closed. I called the operators and they had already closed up and gone home. It was their responsibility to tell me it would be closed by the time I got there (they can track you on their system). So I had to look for a number at the drop off location so I could tell them where I'd leave the package. These are just a few examples of many, showing how incompetent these people are. At the requirement seminar they told we only had to make deliveries, pick it up from one location and drop it off. But its a lot more than that. As I mentioned earlier their instructions are so unclear that you have to their job as well. The last delivery I made was also delayed by around an hour as a result of following the "operators" instructions. When I told them - more...
Cons
Pretentious, condescending people who don't know how to treat their employees.
Civic has one of the worst ratings u can have and also the only company that is having a minum of 2 radios uninstalled a week. I read the reviews went for the job was promised a hole lot of nothing if u want to make 1000 a week u will drive 10 hour days 5 days and none stop just to make it you won't get paid your minum either they promise it but never pay it always a reason there operators play favourites and withhold jobs. There system isint the best they require many deductions when signing the paper work so be aware there is a fair bit to come out each week and they charge u for the radio installed also. GPS signal shows your speed location and alot more. If your happy to work your buttt off for 800 a week go for it other wise do your research so u don't go from company to company then quit and left with a loan would reccomed cheapest cleanest white van nothing over 5g and either go find yourself a contract that u will pay upwards of 800 straight up for witch could work out better or skip theses low paying company's and look for road runner or frf driver jobs. Be aware your limited to what u can make with the vans so make sure u are aware of barn doors for pallets height. A standard 1 ton usually don't push much over 900 a week
Pros
Easy gain employment
Cons
Very low income for alot of driving and poor operations team.
Civic transport are a waste of time civic should be investigated by government low wages returns wages are not enough to pay for maintenence of van I think civic should by their own vans and just stick it 😈😈😈😈
Cons
The owner-driver industry relies on the fact that YOU are the OWNER of your vehicle. You have to pay for all maintenance and running costs. With Civic Transport, you will need to be working 60 hours a week to cover all costs of maintenance that will arise. The radio operators tried hard to keep a steady flow of work but it is an "occupation of last resort" unless you are doing it as a secondary employment or semi-retired. So the company is ok compared to others in the industry but exercise careful judgement before heading down this path.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
very long hours and expensive maintenance.
Rates of pay are far too low. They don't care about the drivers, they are only interested in the vehicle.
There is no opportunity for advancement. Thet will employ many vehicles without worrying about flooding the market.

They do not appear to care about the experience of the operators and employ almost anyone.
Pros
Well organised
Cons
Rates
I was there some years ago. Pay is so low that there should be a Government investigation, like the one about the 7-11 worrkers. Operators were bullies, dopes and pschopaths.The only difference between this and outright slavery is that you can quit.
Pros
Cons
Long exhausting hours, for virtually nothing.
Started with them in october in Perth, first the fees were deducted, then the amount of kilometers and the amount of jobs were never as they stated,work 40 hrs for under $5 a hour nett, and wait 3 weeks for your pay. if your bored with nothing to do and want too work for less than they pay at hungry jacks. Waste of time and money.
Pros
fills up the day
Cons
expense no money or profit
I've worked for many courier companies and franchises, Civic Transport most recently. While there does exist small, single location based offices who operate like a family, Civic is not one of them. As far as I know, Errand, Delta and Express all operate under the same umbrella and as a contractor you'd be working for them all.

There is a warm welcome and ongoing care as an employee that cannot be overlooked. Constant radio contact ensures parcels don't get misplaced and you don't get lost, on a good day the radio guys keep good company.

Pay isn't great in comparison to other couriers but one can receive daily advancements which is a bonus.

The idea would be to get up at 5.30am and log in by 7.30am so you've already done a few runs before mainstream commercial opening hours. Beat the traffic. Then there's a morning run, afternoon and evening. You'd want to see four separate divisions of your day so that you can assure yourself jobs are flowing since it is easy to be forgotten out in the fields. Don't skip lunch.

Overall I did enjoy working for civic and would reccomened for those who have a good vehicle (sedan or van) and want to keep time outside of work completely seperate to do what you wanna do and not take work home with you, so to speak.

Fab
Pros
wind in the hair, music, diversity
Cons
tiresome hours, traffic, pay
Great job, rates aren't sufficient to survive in Australia, no advancement, work/life balance was great. The culture of the position is what made the job enjoyable, you meet different people everyday that for the most part were friendly.

Due to Civic having a fairly good system, pickup and deliveries happen in a timely manner. I had the opportunity to get paid well for certain jobs, though 'most' of the time, the rates were mediocre.

If you come from a poor country and are looking for a easy employment opportunity, then this job is for you. As for a family man trying to make a living or a career out of it, avoid this job like the plague and look into startrack.

Between these 3rd party courier companies, they all sit in an office out in Clayton, you have jet, tmcc, civic and some other ones where the sales reps compete with each other. The rates are constantly changing (affecting what the driver gets paid), you will get reps that leave 1 company to go to the next and then contact companies they signed up with their old companies to rake in commission. The industry is genuinely destroyed by these type of companies, if I was to recommend any delivery service to anyone, I would tell them to go to startrack.
Pros
Fresh air all day, meet new people, you dictate your own stereo
Cons
Cbd, payrates, traffic