CIVMEC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

CIVMEC Employee Reviews

Australia66 reviews
my duties were an construction electrician most of skills were already learnt and had experience in. work place culture was very safety awareness and orinentated
Work environment was good and supervision helpful.
Inductions were concise and informative.

Materials and tools logistics was excellent.

PPE supplies were always forthcoming.

Safety of personnel was a priority.
Was great working for hays spray painting and brush hand doing mining equipment..working 6 days a week. 12 hour days with an option to do night shifts
Well organised company, never had any problems and management were always there to answer any questions. Equipment and materials were always on hand, enjoyable experience.
Very professional easy going but safe work attitude at all times great work place to work I would highly recommend working for Civmec great group of guys to work with and the amenities are to notch
every day was a great day no injuries and great people to work with as a team.
days off at camp went fishing

camp was great it was a dry camp so their were no idiot drunks around
Management is bad and not friendly. Work is forced by the supervisors. Work standards are not clear. Supervisors have a degree of bias and favouritism. However, the wage of the job is good which is the reason why people choose to work there, but the respect from the supervisors is earned from the providence of gifts from the workers (favouritism and bias mentioned above).
Be good if they made me a full time employee and not someone to fill in to make that person on leave get the compliment on a job well done by me

Thank
Enjoyed a lot by working with many different types of projects but no career path way to progress now as organization chart changed.
Project Manager controls QC inspector so can't progress after Senior QC inspector position as no other position exist. Very family friendly organization.
My Civmec supervisor (don't know about anyone elses) was cruel and unfair and made it impossible to want to come into work everyday or even remotely enjoy your job especially considering being a boilermaker welder is what I've ALWAYS wanted to do. I encountered bullying and unfair work conditions on a daily basis.
I enjoyed my roll as blaster /painter team leader Gas plant construction in Darwin. Worked hard and got us 12 month contract over all a good job and great crew.Caught up 6 weeks work
All aspects of shutdown work in oil and gas industry. Repairs to plant. Fabricating new components in workshop and installing on site. Working at heights and in confined spaces.
Provides good opportunity to be gainfully employed. Site supervision on site is good. Site preparation prior to commencement of job makes the job easy, safe, good quality and on schedule.
The first time I worked for this company, as a SMP Supervisor, I enjoyed my time there, a few minor problems. I would work for them again if an opportunity arises.
Tennant Creek gas pumping station dry camp which was good town 30 ks away bus in once a week if wanted to go in for supplies or a drink good gym if need great company to work for
Pros
food was avg in the camp however you could go into town once a week if wanted
Cons
10 hours a day 21 straight good $
Fast Paced - Can be forgotten
Most people are friendly

I was given 1 weeks notice outside my probation period

Didn't get to complete my full contract.

Put off for no reason to do with the work i produced

I wasn't secure.
Pros
Pick your starting and finishing time
Cons
Put off 1/4 through my contract
Great employer offering great team on projects in Darwin. Only left employer due to package of work being completed on project - Icythys Project - Darwin.
I worked at the Grafton correctional centre for around 6 months. The safety on the job was appalling, a lot of incidents went unreported. The management was just push push push and more worried about hitting targets and new records every week than safety of the guys out on the floor. Management were continually in breach of contract, trying to change the goal posts all the time. The redundancy pay outs, were almost impossible to receive as it was written into the contract so as to be paid out at the descretion of Civmec HR. Getting any tools or materials was impossible due to the ridiculous budget that they had set. As Civmec put a roof over the precast yard that was on site on the jail grounds, Civmec employees were not entitled to all of the benefits of the rest of the site, ie no rdo’s, no site allowance. I have black listed Civmec as a company I would work for in the future.
Pros
Some good guys on site
Cons
Long hours, pushed to the limit and know nothing leading hands and supervision
Job was a normal mining project had it's ups and downs, not run as well as it should have. Typical day at work was starting one job then moving onto another without finishing the first, partly supervisors doing.
Pros
20 days on 8 days roster
Cons
The way they demobilised employees.
nice and very tidy painting shed.
its a nice working place and very safe to everyone.

it's a lot of CCTV to review whats going on.

people and work mate are approachable,
Pros
free PPE
Cons
I enjoyed working with the Civmec team. Managers and supervisors were good and fair. Management were understanding and supporting of all the crew. It was unfortunate the contract ended as I really enjoyed working for Civmec.