Cleanaway Employee Reviews

dont do it
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC4 April 2019
the most stressful job I have ever had, if you like being watched and micro managed, this is for you, if management don't like you, you wont last long
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management
Great working enviroment with in our division.
Operations supervisor (Current Employee) –  Armidale NSW11 February 2019
Great place to work until management changes killed the dynamic of company.
A lack of leadership causing staff to be un happy with a lack of direction.
productivecand joyful workplace environment
Co-ordination Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC6 January 2019
Cleanway has been a hard journey but alot of fun along the way,

Good people and friendly enviroment.

the enjoyable moment is enjoying the company of others around you
Pros
friendly people
Horrible Management amazing team members
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 December 2018
Way too much office gossip. No point in reporting any wrong doings by your line manager to their superiors, the superior will not keep it confidential and thus creating an extremely hostile work environment until you quit.
Small Team who sticks together
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Bentley22 October 2018
We are a small depot of 3 full time and 2 part time admin staff when each other are away we always help out one another.
I endeavour to provide outstanding customer service to clients and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner.
Good working process
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW23 August 2018
This is my first work in a truck in Australia. I have accumulated the experience of trucks and colleagues who help each other to help me quickly master the pace of work. I am grateful for the above.
Not a bad mob
Plant Operator - Moomba Sludge Plant (Current Employee) –  Moomba SA17 May 2018
Respected their workers and accepted feedback. Line managers generally had workers best interests at heart. Good equipment and training provided. Advancement limited.
Friendly people
Customer Service Office - Contracted (Former Employee) –  Kooragang NSW1 May 2018
Friendly people that were helpful in teaching me the job. This was a temporary assignment and involved taking phone calls and working on the run sheets for all the drivers.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
fairly monotonous work
Meet different people
Truck driver rear lift (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW6 April 2018
Nothing good to say about this company management incompetent
Equipment not up to standard early starts late finish , management could not care less about employees
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours driving substandard trucks
Very informative place to work, learnt alot about the solid and liquid waste stream. Cleanaway's recycling brand new facility is now open and amazing
Telesales Officer (Former Employee) –  Malaga WA6 March 2018
Cleanaway was a great place to work except the management could look after their staff a lot more in regards to staff incentives and employee more team players
Only looking after themselves
Weighbridge attendant (Former Employee) –  Clarinda VIC25 February 2018
Horrible workplace, no job security, workplace bullying always putting employees down, always making job difficulty as hard as possible no benefits, and paying the bare minimum wage, should be an investigation into this company
Pros
Zilch
Cons
Bad workplace, horrible employees and bosses, no positives at all
Great work colleagues,poor management.
Frontlift driver. (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 February 2018
Former Cleanaway frontlift operator,now working for a privately owned waste service provider,I serviced the CBD and outer metro areas of Adelaide SA for 14 Years.A typical day consisted of starting at midnight at the Gillman depot, gathering your paperwork,truck and customer keys from the office and clocking on,You then proceed to your truck and go through the pre-start checking procedure of the vehicle,log in to your onboard computer and put your jobs for the day into order of sequence of how you do your pick ups before you leave the depot to start your run.What I learned over the years is that you need a lot of dedication to do the job to be successful,in regards to management, I found a lack of experienced staff made it difficult to do my job at times due to the constant changes of management and operations staff,workplace culture was good,hardest part of the job was pushing heavy frontlift bins out of the laneways in the CBD,the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and work colleagues you built up friendships with over the years and the job in general, it is a specialised position not everyone can do it,at the end of your pick ups after tipping 2 or 3 times throughout the day,you clean out behind the compactor blade at the Cleanaway transfer station at wingfield,then return back to the depot to fuel up your truck,park up,go through the post check procedure of the vehicle,log off your computer, then go to the office with your paperwork,keys etc and after a debriefing with your Frontlift Supervisor you can clock off and go home, work day complete!
Pros
Gaining waste industry experience.
Cons
Poor management.
Hard and Long
Offsider (Former Employee) –  Gillman SA29 November 2017
the job is hard and depending on time of employment during the year its long and draining. would not reccomend to anyone with ambition and aspirations.
Productive & fast paced
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Willawong QLD22 November 2017
Lots of opportunity for growth. I have been given the opportunity to travel to Northgate to get hands on learning experience from professional customer service officers to teach me the most effective ways ti communicate with customers.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Stressful
Great Workmates easy going management great Trucks
Waste Management Driver (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT16 September 2017
A Jobs is something that you gotta enjoy, Management were easy going good to explain what they want done during the day, work mates great to work with, Overall good company to work with.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
Some long Hours somedays no overtime
Large Publicly listed company
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Northgate QLD12 September 2017
Very large company with many different roles and opportunities
Cleanaway is very big on safety.
It is a National company with over 200 employees and a very diverse culture.
productive
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC31 July 2017
My experience at Cleanaway was more than I expected. I have been exposed to different types of roles within the company i.e. call centre, Sales Representative and Management which showed me how well they work as individual and together as a team. They taught me business skills such as scanning, filling, creating new data and phone calls. I enjoyed the workplace culture as it is very friendly and professional.
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
N/a
Nice to work for
Clerical Assistant/Customer Service - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Bega NSW22 June 2017
A typical day at work was mainly data entry.
The people are nice to work with and for.
Nothing bad to say about the company.
Very good room for advancement within the company to other major city locations.
Pros
Toolbox meetings once a month to keep communication open
Cons
confined working spaces
Good colleagues poor Management
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 April 2017
The private equity seems to be stripping the business of assets. And Management prefers employees to be made redundant instead of asking employee if they would like to be relocated. The new employees obviously are trained by current employee
Pros
Learn to work with minimum expectation
Cons
Good colleagues
constantly under pressure to make more money
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weipa QLD1 March 2017
my job was on the weigh bridge at the landfill and was responsible for speaking with customers, all administration and data entry, monthly reporting, telephone and email enquiries, stocktaking, liase with section from rio tinto, banking, sanitary waste collection and some jobs around town.
management was constantly putting the depot under pressure to make more money to prop up other depots who did not make their budget forecast.
the workplace culture was good as it was a small town and depot so all staff were friends.
the hardest part of the job was dealing with rio tinto employees.
the best part of my job was meeting many people including tourists, some with interesting stories to tell
Pros
meeting people
Cons
very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleanaway. Our community is ready to answer.