Clough Limited Employee Reviews

Good positive place to work
Senior Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 June 2018
Clough is a dynamic hard dollar contractor to work for. It has a culture of doing what it takes to get the job done and that the client is the most important party.

The working staff are very smart and driven and are always there to support you to ensure it is done the Clough way.
Pros
Good positive work place
Cons
Sometimes not inclusive on strategy for jobs yo are working on
Good team to work with.
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane City QLD13 October 2017
My first job in Australia. Had to be trained in the construction industry. I enjoyed my time with Clough management and staff. Very friendly and helpful. I was taught to do wages for the PNG employees. No hard part. I enjoyed the after work get togethers. Meeting site based employees.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Travel to the city
great place to work with plenty of challenging work.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Perth WA3 August 2016
I enjoy the buzz of starting a day, the expectation of either starting a new fit-up or starting some other challenging task that test my knowledge and the possibility of leaning something new because every job has some subtle difference. Discussing with supervisors and fellow team members approaches and means of achieving best outcomes while enjoy the process, when alone to work through and plan and set about finding the most efficient way then carrying out the task.
a good challenging job
Special Class Welder (Former Employee) –  wheatstone platform offshore28 June 2016
great job and a awesome bunch of blokes had lots of fun out there the food was top class the welding was especially good and challenging
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
the job is near completion
Good food and accommodation
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Wheatstone offshore platform7 June 2016
Good blokes and clean work place. Good food and awesome roster. Brilliant accommodation and gym facilities. Good hours and good pay.
good work culture
Senior Contract Lead Design Structural Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD30 May 2016
oil and gas project. learned a lot about structures associated with oil and gas. management very professional. good co workers and good hourly rate
Pros
free lunches good attitude to staff
Cons
lots of rework because of client indecision
Good company to be employed by
Commissioning - Isolation Officer (Former Employee) –  Western Australia9 May 2016
Clough / E2O provides a good work environment with great support and back up when required.
They were an equal opportunity employer.
Clough Downer
Dogman/operator (Former Employee) –  Fairview, Injune7 May 2016
By far the best job I have even had in my professional career. not many have the opportunity to have the working experience I have had with this project. great environment and experience with a great roster.
Pros
roster, pay, and the company accually looks after you.
Cons
the project was finished too quickly. wanted to continue with more stages
Productive and a great place to work
Offshore Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 May 2016
It was a complete balance of work and home life
I learned that management and workers can be treated and be as an equal and still respect each other
my work crew was the best that I have ever worked with we all worked hard and always kept each other on high spirits no matter how hot or hard the day was. It truly was the best crew .
I am a happy content worker enjoying my working life.
Senior Welding Inspector (Current Employee) –  North West Shelf - 50km North of Barrow Island19 April 2016
I enjoy the safety culture and professionalism of offshore work. The continual learning from experienced co-workers and critical job applications keeps me fresh and enthusiastic. I also enjoy parting my knowledge onto new starters in the industry and am impressed by the new crop of professionals coming up through the ranks. The continuous challenge of meeting schedules also keeps all of us on our toes. All in all I have and always will enjoy my working life as it provided me with both career and personal growth beyond expectation. I look forward to what ever challenges is on offer in the future.

Regards

Dan
Pros
Even time roster provides a good home, work balance. Meeting new people and reuniting with old friends is always a good thing.
Cons
You can feel you are islolated from home life at times of need being offshore.
Great company to work for.
Commissioning Technician - Instrumentation (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 March 2016
They look after the teams professionally. I enjoy working with a great team. The company are organised and deliver projects on time.
Change Managment introduced poorly thru lack of communications.
Procurement and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 November 2015
Clough lost its way through changes to core fundamentals and business plan due Management change.
Staff changes to reflect employment status on a project to project basis created insecurity in employment status.
Red tape and politics created interference in day to day activities.
Most formidable was working within a great team environment.
Long and stressful hours. Commonly working 6-7day weeks.
Worked with Clough on various projects commencing 1986 thru 2014, a period of 15 years. Clough was initially a privately owned company. Hence my reflection over the years to change.
Pros
Excellent company to work for up until listed on the ASX
Cons
Projects demanded long hours and weekend work
Executive Assistant to Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA23 October 2015
Great place to work, great colleagues, wellbeing allowance paid monthly. Long hours and weekend work as an EA but I love it!
Company under stress right now.
MANAGER GLOBAL LOGISITCS, (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA26 February 2015
Little opportunity due to tough environment in the project business. Good place for an engineer or construction project manager
Pros
rticulated strategy
Cons
Cinstant mgmt changes, Petty on benefits.
exellent amenities,great people. gym onsite
weed and seed (Former Employee) –  Fairview, S13 October 2014
a great working environment,with an excellent balance between safe work and family life.
Pros
all meals supplied and good salary
Cons
nil
Good life good company
CIVIL TRADES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fairview, S25 August 2014
Compressor station construction,,, formwork/concrete manitou operator
Job security and Advancement
Quarantine Inspector (Current Employee) –  Henderson -Perth8 May 2014
The first thing in the morning is the team toolbox meeting to discuss the plans for the day and what is required .Who is doing what and who is working in which area and with who .Reading and reviewing our Job Hazard Analysis .Doing our step back 5x5's .

I have learn quite a lot about working within a team .Looking out for your mates especially as the Incident and Injury Free representative .
Management were very supportive of the workforce .They ensured that everybody was safe and wore the required Personal Protective Equipment .They also supported everybody and made sure that you had time of to rest because we work long hours (10 hrs ) .I work with a very diverse group of people .We are like a family and always support one another .The is always time for a laugh or two .

Working under extreme conditions out in the open .During summer in hot conditions and winter in cold and rainy conditions .

The most rewarding part of the job is that the Quarantine Department on the Gorgon project are doing an excellent job as no unidentifiable species have been established on Barrow Island .That gives me lots of satisfaction and pride .
Pros
Working a 4x2 day roster .
Cons
Working over a weekend without any penalty rates .
Learning Experiance,Enjoyable,great money
Trades assistant, Class C Industrial Painter (Current Employee) –  Fairview, S4 April 2014
We get set a job task in different groups until it gets completed and move on to something else.
I have learnt the basic's of being a industrial painter,for example how to prep,what paint to use with what thinners,how weather plays a part in what we can and can't do,different techniques with how to use different paints,how to mix two pac paint.Being Trades Assistant for other trade such as poly wielders,wielders,boilermakers,structual steel works.Management quite good and are approchable.Most of the Co workers are great people some u dont get along with but u make it work.The hardest part of the job would be leaving the family behind but i use that as motivation for a better life for them.The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting paid the money we earn,fantastic!
highly challenged
Snr Elec / Instrum Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairview, QLD18 February 2014
Hi
I require to be continualy challenged and thrive upon this
Pros
long term role
Cons
I require to be continualy challenged
Great work place with a great team of guys
Traffic Controller, Water Truck and Moxie (Current Employee) –  Driver, NT13 January 2014
Had great first time experience on Fifo , had a different varitey of camps some were great especially the food, gyms and rooms all fine as well, great company to work for, great lads to work with.
Pros
Team moral, good company to wok for
Cons
heat is hard but rest is all good