Clough Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Clough Limited Employee Reviews

Australia28 reviews
My first interview was a new experience. It was very clear and orderly and comfortable to communicate. My position was a t/a working off shore on a pipe lay barge.
Many projects/jobs /interviews later, they have the same clear and professional process in place. Leading to a safe work inviroment always.
Poor work culture and ethics. No job security and unfair dealing with employees in difficult situations. Not organised well in general and lack of experienced management is obviously seen in the engineering team.
Good experience working with strand jacks as an advanced rigger in the hook up and commissioning of icthis FPSO. Great management and assurance of job safety.
Some days busy, some not.
Management were easy to deal with.

The hours were long.

The weather was hot.

The swings were long.

The food was great on the vessel.
Good working experience in Papua New Guinea and Roma QLD.
Working FIFO fly in fly out let me travel all over the world beside working

working in Oil and Gas project was very challenging and full of experiences to gain
Clough is a dynamic hard dollar contractor to work for. It has a culture of doing what it takes to get the job done and that the client is the most important party.

The working staff are very smart and driven and are always there to support you to ensure it is done the Clough way.
Pros
Good positive work place
Cons
Sometimes not inclusive on strategy for jobs yo are working on
My first job in Australia. Had to be trained in the construction industry. I enjoyed my time with Clough management and staff. Very friendly and helpful. I was taught to do wages for the PNG employees. No hard part. I enjoyed the after work get togethers. Meeting site based employees.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Travel to the city
I enjoy the buzz of starting a day, the expectation of either starting a new fit-up or starting some other challenging task that test my knowledge and the possibility of leaning something new because every job has some subtle difference. Discussing with supervisors and fellow team members approaches and means of achieving best outcomes while enjoy the process, when alone to work through and plan and set about finding the most efficient way then carrying out the task.
great job and a awesome bunch of blokes had lots of fun out there the food was top class the welding was especially good and challenging
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
the job is near completion
Good blokes and clean work place. Good food and awesome roster. Brilliant accommodation and gym facilities. Good hours and good pay.
oil and gas project. learned a lot about structures associated with oil and gas. management very professional. good co workers and good hourly rate
Pros
free lunches good attitude to staff
Cons
lots of rework because of client indecision
Clough / E2O provides a good work environment with great support and back up when required.
They were an equal opportunity employer.
By far the best job I have even had in my professional career. not many have the opportunity to have the working experience I have had with this project. great environment and experience with a great roster.
Pros
roster, pay, and the company accually looks after you.
Cons
the project was finished too quickly. wanted to continue with more stages
It was a complete balance of work and home life
I learned that management and workers can be treated and be as an equal and still respect each other

my work crew was the best that I have ever worked with we all worked hard and always kept each other on high spirits no matter how hot or hard the day was. It truly was the best crew .
I enjoy the safety culture and professionalism of offshore work. The continual learning from experienced co-workers and critical job applications keeps me fresh and enthusiastic. I also enjoy parting my knowledge onto new starters in the industry and am impressed by the new crop of professionals coming up through the ranks. The continuous challenge of meeting schedules also keeps all of us on our toes. All in all I have and always will enjoy my working life as it provided me with both career and personal growth beyond expectation. I look forward to what ever challenges is on offer in the future.

Regards

Dan
Pros
Even time roster provides a good home, work balance. Meeting new people and reuniting with old friends is always a good thing.
Cons
You can feel you are islolated from home life at times of need being offshore.
They look after the teams professionally. I enjoy working with a great team. The company are organised and deliver projects on time.
Clough lost its way through changes to core fundamentals and business plan due Management change.
Staff changes to reflect employment status on a project to project basis created insecurity in employment status.

Red tape and politics created interference in day to day activities.

Most formidable was working within a great team environment.

Long and stressful hours. Commonly working 6-7day weeks.

Worked with Clough on various projects commencing 1986 thru 2014, a period of 15 years. Clough was initially a privately owned company. Hence my reflection over the years to change.
Pros
Excellent company to work for up until listed on the ASX
Cons
Projects demanded long hours and weekend work
Great place to work, great colleagues, wellbeing allowance paid monthly. Long hours and weekend work as an EA but I love it!
Little opportunity due to tough environment in the project business. Good place for an engineer or construction project manager
Pros
rticulated strategy
Cons
Cinstant mgmt changes, Petty on benefits.
a great working environment,with an excellent balance between safe work and family life.
Pros
all meals supplied and good salary
Cons
nil
Compressor station construction,,, formwork/concrete manitou operator
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clough Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2