Cluey Learning Pty Ltd

18: Cluey Learning Pty Ltd Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Flexible hours, works well if you're studying

Best part is that the lessons are prepared by the company on the online platform, so there is minimal preparation required from the tutors. I have had difficulty with being given enough students, so not getting as many hours as I wanted. But it is a flexible job and fun to see the students learning. The online platform works well for most students.

Low pay, profit driven

Can select availablity but not times or days you are unavailable...often get sessions booked outside of available times. Very low pay (approx. 30% of what they charge their customers/parents). Often cancel sessions without notice.Learning programs are universal...not tailored to each individual learner...teaching is crucial, not just tutoring.

Pros

The students

Cons

Low pay

It's okay

I find working with the kids I meet through Cluey very rewarding and energising.However, management doesn't make you feel valued and work is unstable. You are a contractor, which means you can work 20hrs one week and 0 the next. You are given kids to work with, seemingly at random, and you have to deal with pushy parents who can afford to pay to tutor but want their kids to get a scholarship. Working with the kids is amazing but dealing with the parents and the lack of support from the company for barely more than minimum wage makes you iffy about staying on.

Low pay, awful management

I would not recommend a job with Cluey Learning to anyone. It is a company riddled with flaws - something is always going wrong and the result is chronically angry, frustrated, and disappointed customers who are very rude and take out their frustration on contact centre staff. The pay is very low and they don’t give you any penalty rates or overtime. It’s extremely difficult to progress within the company, they say they’re transparent but they’re not, and if you have any concerns management will just tell you what you want to hear and then do nothing. There are no incentives and they don’t listen to your calls so you don’t get any feedback. The training is insufficient so staff are poorly prepared to help customers, and when an issue does arise it takes team leaders an extremely long time to assist. Understaffing leads to massive pressure on contact centre staff and long hold times for customers, Cluey does not seem to proactive in hiring more staff for the contact centre as their main concern is profit. The only benefit is working from home, but otherwise it’s an extremely depressing and frustrating place to work.

Awful scam company

Awful company, terrible management, horribly unorganised and general lack of care for staff. Practically a scam company that overcharges customers constantly. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.

Overall Good Company however Low pay

Good company to work for with lots of perks e.g work from home and choose your own hours. Despite this pay is low compared to competitors. There is also no bonuses etc.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Pay is low

Did not enjoy they cancel classes all the time

Mostly unstable, they cancel anytime and pay no remuneration. They can reschedule whenever and you have to keep raising timesheet. Not worth making it your official job

Excellent company and very well organised.

The best part about Cluey is that are very professional and have a very good information system set up for scheduling and follow up. They do have many students and teachers and this impresses me how they are able to manage all the infrastructure and deal with changes. very quickly.

Pros

Professional Well Known Good work systems

Cons

Biggest player in the market

Rewarding, Casual Job for University Students.

Cluey is a great company to tutor for if you're looking for some extra work on the side. The schedule easily fits around my university study and I find the tutoring sessions with the students very rewarding. The pay is average, but considering you are given a lot of tools and a learning program to aid your student from the it really doesn't require that much extra effort out of your day to provide a great lesson. I find it is a very supportive company to work for and they strive to continuously provide great learning resources for tutors and students.

Pros

Students are friendly, learning supports are given, easy platform to use

Cons

Average pay, students can cancel or pause on short notice

Low pay for a lot of work

Service and support staff can be very spotty in terms of quality. The learning materials provided can sometimes be not useful for students needs. To be good at this job you will need to do a lot of unpaid prep work. The training is not significant you will likely not do a good job on your first time.You are expected to act as more of a teacher than a tutor.The groups sessions are very poorly run. I would try to avoid having to do them if possible. Very easy to get the job. They don't background check you much at all unlike what they say in their marketing materials.

Pros

Convinient since it can be done anywhere. Some kids are really nice and fun to teach.

Cons

Low pay Unpaid work

Difficult to accrue students and you can never get the number of students you want per week

I found the support limited. I was inundated with students who had three or more learning difficulties and really couldn't cope with much in the program. I was astounded at the number of students who would turn up to sessions while lying down in their bed eating! Parents were quite rude at times and had unrealistic expectations. Some of the learning materials were merely just scanned pages out of textbooks!

Pros

flexible and you can work from home

Cons

limited support, rude students and sometimes parents, program materials work for able students but not for weaker ones.

Flexible hours Pay could be better

Good for uni students as can change schedule very easily Support team is helpful but sometimes leaves you half an hour on hold, there is in session support though

Takes a huge % of each fee, you loose hours each week due to cancellations

Cluey pays tutors less than half of what the session is worth/what the customer pays. If a lesson is cancelled with 0 notice, you earn even less while cluey takes the full fee. You are out of pocket every week. I've had around 20% of lessons either cancelled or rearranged with little notice which drastically affected my pay. The hours are flexible however it is not to enough to earn a decent living from given the cancellations. There is no promotion or incentive. You are simply a worker to earn the company more money.

Pros

flexible

Cons

low pay

Enjoying, Fun, amazing

I am really proud that i am working at Cluey it is great that you d not need to travel for your work also the salary is fair however it depends to the number of students therefore if you do not have a student in one week then you would not get paid.

Love the company and the Culture!

The company culture at Cluey is really enjoyable. Every day you get to work with extremely intelligent coworkers who really care about education. I could not recommend Cluey highly enough.

Best place I've ever worked

This is an extremely supportive environment from all levels of the business. Everyone is friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and can't do enough to help each other! As a fairly new company (official launch to the public in May 2018, but 2 years of product development and research prior to this), we are continually consulted about changes to processes and products to make sure that we feel we are giving our staff and customers the best. We have anonymous surveys frequently to ensure people feel able to give their honest feedback and opinions about how things are going - these results are collected and always taken into account by the Leadership Team to make changes where needed. We also have a new professional development program to ensure that we feel our skills are being developed and we are given opportunities to be a part of various projects across the business.

Productive and welcoming environment!

Has a great working culture and I felt very motivated during my tenure! The company offered great flexibility and the team environment encouraged skill development

Easy place to work, enjoyable culture

Each day I was given a set of topics to create Mathematics questions ranging from Year 3 to Extension 1 of Year 12. Working with very capable, enthusiastic people I enjoyed the challenge of writing questions to challenge the minds of school students.

Pros

Great flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cluey Learning Pty Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Cluey Learning Pty Ltd with