CMS

CMS Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Good to Great

Even I have to go to work, work is great on Sunday and Thursday and sometimes on morning. Shift was late to early depending on the sun and moon would change some nights when we were very successful.

It is difficult being a teacher these days.

It is difficult being a teacher these days. The problems in education are not just a CMS problem. The problems are state and national problems. These pandemic years have simply made the problems evident to everyone. The expectation is that teaching is your life. There is no such thing as a work life balance when 160 additional hours of professional development is mandated for a calendar year.

Great place to work if you love being outside and working with plants

Love my time with CMS, working outside for the spring, and the products are fun to work with. CMS management is really flexible about scheduling. The hardest part of the job is learning all the different types of plants and where they are to be merchandised. The best part is cleaning up the plants and making them look fresh and new again.

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Lots of products to keep track of

Very good management and supervising environment

The boss is very understanding. The direct supervisor also treats fellow staff equally fair. The company compensates for your effort and your contribution to the progress of the company. The company also appreciates your contribution while doing your daily tasks.

Liked it in the beginning

It was okay at first but it was mentally draining and very competitive. Customers curses at employees on a daily and the building is very dull. The people were cool but it was a lot of pressure.

The supervisors or vetted hard working employees have left due to management, "problem causing employees" are still there, favoritism

The only department with heart and cares for CMS employees is the accounting department. Mismanagement, favoritism, and compensation for hard work of custodians is low compared to nation wide salary/hourly wages. No consideration for those who couldn't wear masks during pandemic due to a persons own personal breathing issues and medically documented! Toxic work environment when it came to two shifts and preferential treatment of first over second shift. No recognition for "Front Line Custodial" workers during the pandemic or reasonable compensation. While most other employees where at home working remotely/highly compensated/recognized, custodians where in the mist of it and "they" did the sanitizing of the schools keeping the environment safe for the students and staff.It very sad and disappointing such a profession is so lowly looked down upon and a good part of so called "professionals" view custodians this way or have the attitude custodians are a personal maid service. "Don't" ever wonder again why it is a revolving door for custodians in any school system with these types of attitudes.

Pros

Some awesome principles to work for and truly cared for custodians and respect them, Preventive health benefits decent.

Cons

Low pay compared to nation wide custodians, lead custodians, Toxic work environment when it came to two shifts Summer deep clean deep cleaning during summer, stripping, waxing, custodians are on a time crunch for time on TOP other daily operations, esp, summer camps, they "do not" have time to baby sit and watch if "teachers/others" are entering bldgs, sections being worked on and signs are posted as such.

Good place

Great place to work, great people, good atmosphere, fun day to day, happy to work there never want to leave I love every day at my job thankful to go to work everyday

Productive and professional work environment

Great work and life balance. One of the best places to work. Directors are great to work with. Flexible schedules provided. Effective communication with employees

Awful

Directors are narcissistic arrogant people who make you feel small and do not have any trust in work force blame engineers first pay is based on if they like you send apprentices out and expect them to do an engineers work pay them pea nuts. You have to be a wizard aswell no training giving just shouted at and talked down to it has high staff turnover.

Pros

Van

Cons

Directors

Absolutely best job I ever had!

All I can say this is the best job I’ve ever worked at! Great management & great training! Everyone was very helpful and respectful. I wish you could work for this company from anywhere in the world because I would never quit this job!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CMS?

Toxic

I am a former employee. Spent 25 years at CMS. It started out fine and just proceeded to get worse and worse. Fully licensed, Masters, and National Boards. CMS is afraid of parents. Therefore they can do no wrong. Teachers are regarded very poorly and discipline is non existent. I retired early to get out. Students are fine, it’s admin who forgot what it’s like on the front lines. I hope there is a mass exodus of teachers so admin begins to understand the value of teachers.

Pros

Most students are fine

Cons

Toxic environment, zero work/life balance.

The kids

I enjoy being an educator and working as Administrators. However, there are a lot of inexperienced people working as Administrators. No college skills, and no Universal precautions safety skills.

Pros

Early release

Cons

Short day

Expands your workspace

They give you a choice to work all manner of events, which let's you get out and about to cool places from time to time. Long hours on your feet though but good pay, and the time tends to go by pretty fast.

Pros

Good wages, neat coworkers, see new places

Cons

Long hours on feet, some customers are unruly but that gets taken care of quick.

pas ,mal

Bonjour pendant les 3 ans de travaille que j'ai passe avec CMS j'ai pris beaucoup de choses dans le cadre de construction avec une esprits génial d’équipeet n'oublie la motivation des supérieures pendant le travail et la bonne accompagnement du gérant Merci

Great with quick start/processing forms/start up. Horrible communication with "some" out of state remote recruiters

Great group, clear assignments, fun encouraging atmosphere, great pay, overall favorite assignment of all my contracts in 2020/2021 with 2 different agencies.

Pros

Knowledgeable energetic fun group of nurses on my assignment

Cons

Early end of our contract=loss of over a month of expected pay!

Management was the worst ever.

Boss was very u professional and will come after you. I had to get the Union after him then he got his little lap dog on me just a sad cutter everyone very unhappy to work there.

Pros

Not many

Cons

Culture Boss and his subordinates

Buen ambiente

Buenos facilidades. Ell salario para el tiempo que estuve entiendo estaba por debajo de el minimo de enfermera y no pagan por la experiencia y deberían dar uniformes como camisas.

Pros

Estructura comoda y acogedora

Cons

. No hay parking dentro te estaciónasu fuera y no hay guardia vigilando el auto

Poor pay no benefits

Little pay no time off no benefits and that’s really all I can say about it. This job will never have any health insurance it will never have paid time off or vacation time and you will never make enough to live off of

Terrible

Communication is terrible. Management is terrible. You're lied to every single day. They don't care about their employees at all. They put on a fake face for new people.

Daily repeat, be prepared to be cursed at by clients

Everyday is pretty much the same. Take calls and schedule trips. Veyo systems are always having issues and you’re faced to deal with upset clients. Best part is getting to work from home .

Pros

Reasonable pay. Work from home

Cons

Constant system issues, no room to move up

Great place to start over and be able to advance in your career

Excellent upper management. They are understanding that everyone has a past and are willing to work with you to help you achieve your goals in life and work. Co owner is a great guy.

Pros

Places to cool down, free water, plenty of breaks, plenty of time to get work accomplished

Cons

Working condition is hot, smelly and dirty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• CMS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?