Cobham
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cobham Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
Cobham Aviation was an enjoyable workplace, the work was interesting and varied. Good workplace culture with focus on training and increasing skills.
Tough place to be due to several management changes and poor communication in the last few years. New management team not experienced enough to drive the business forward. Staff morale at rock bottom. Flexibility was encouraged with working hours, but apart from that not a fun place to be.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Everything else!
The time I was working for Cobham was the best time in my life .... I loved my pears and everyone around me ... management was and still is the best in the world
Pros
Free lunce
Cons
Hours was beautiful
work colleagues and supervisors were well informed and competent engineers however management had serious issues with themselves, each other and in a man management capacity.
the biggest learning curve was to not put ideas forward as you would be shot down by incompetent management.

work place culture was run on bullying and intimidation tactics ( face fits scenario's ) and if you do not like it leave mentality.

very few management would answer questions and your ability and experience was of little to no interest to management who made life very difficult at any opportunity.
Pros
Great friendships made with other engineers.
Cons
Lack of trust in the managements ability
I wouldn't suggest working for Cobham in the airline services department as cabin crew because of the following reasons.

Initially you have to sign a bond form (to the value of $6000) which is valid for the company to remove from your final pay if you wish to leave the company within 2 years of your start date. This is to avoid high staff turn over, which is even still quite high even with the bond as a deterrent.

Your first years salary starts off with a base around 32k plus allowances which ends up being around 40k (if you're lucky).

Depending on the base you're in, you can work on one of two configurations of the 717.

Perth, Darwin and Cairns operate only fully economy configured aircraft.

Sydney, Canberra and Hobart operate on aircraft configured with business class seats and occasionally work on full economey due to maintanence or schedule changes.

Brisbane base operates both configurations regularly.

East Coast flying is a lot more challenging because you are faced with more service features, eg in flight entertainment, business class etc. where as the regional flying is quite easy.

Flying on the east coast is harder work but does not pay any extra.

Management have been known to bully employees.

I would not recommend working here to any of my close friends, so I would not recommend working here to anyone else.
Pros
Very easy way into a cabin crew job
Cons
Cannot trust the company
As a flight attendent you were there to meet people from all cultural backgrounds and at all levels.
Working for Cobham Aviation I was privelleged to fly to destinations around Australia doing a job I loved ,whilst not feeling I was working with the most amazing crew is the most enjoyable part of of being Cabin Crew.

I feel there is no hard part of the job as such But you can become home sick at times although that is short lived,
Pros
Sight seeing around Australia
Cons
Away from home
Great job. Very flexible, fun, good crew.
Management are unapproachable, only look at bad points, not very supportive.

Hours and work environment can be fatiguing.
Pros
flexible hours, good crew
Cons
management