Coca-Cola Amatil
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Coca-Cola Amatil Employee Reviews

Australia143 reviews
The company truly pays attention to personal growth and development. The supportive atmosphere is unique.They treat their employees fairly, are dedicated to the success of their employees, have great work life balance, and very responsive...
When I started working here, everything was fine and they gave me many opportunities to better myself as a trainee. However, once you stopped becoming a trainee, they didn't care about you at all. They would force you to work overtime, and you weren't allowed to go home at all, even though you were assigned for only 8 hours. This included 11 hour work shifts. My back would hurt everyday, and even though I'd tell them, they'd just tell me to man up.
In addition, competition and work was unbelievably biased and unfair. Coca-cola set up a system where you had to at least pick on average 200 cases an hour, however, they did not take into account how HARD or Easy each pallet was. It was based purely on what pallets you were assigned, It was never random as managers were able to assign a person pallets to increase their score. From experience, I always tried to ask for at least a bit of help in terms of pallets to increase my score. I would always get harassed because of my low score, but that was because of the incredibly hard pallets that I was doing. My SKU rate in comparison to other employees was always higher and I explained that to my managers. However, they didn't care at all. They told me that they could not care less about SKU rate and kept harassing me about how bad I was at working. Over time, I could not take it anymore and decided to leave because of the toxic environment. I created many friendships, however the work environment and competitiveness is atrocious. I hate this place for doing this to me, and I hope anyone that reads this can see how bad of a place this
 - more...
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Very tiring, and long hours. Terrible management and help towards their employees
I was being trained by some 12 year old without experience or patience. Poor hours and now allowed to sit down and rest. Selection process lasted longer than the job itself. Underpaid.
it depends on which coca-cola amatil, where you going to work.Office, manufacturing or warehouse. i worked at warehouse. its a fast working environment with KPI targets. if you work here, no need to go to gym, unless you are a forklift driver.
Fast paced environment.
I dud enjoy my time working there it was a good experience.

There is no room for flexibility though, which is a shame. When a work environment and/or management are too rigid, and unable to look or work outside the square, will inevitably disrupt, disengage your workers.
I had the best District Manager I have ever worked for and we are still friends today and he is always on my resume as a referee. This was an awesome company to work for great people, great product and lots of fun memories.
Managing the kitchen and kitchen staff, liaise with Café Manager, stock ordering, menu planning, maintaining kitchen cleanliness, dealing with issues as they arise on a daily basis.great place to work
Coca-Cola was a nice place to work with Great people great training friendly environment. Plenty of new things to learn each and everyday busy but manageable call centre
No real structure and no proper work place education of the machines and noone will help or educate or lets you find out about what the job entitles.
I worked as a BDE in the Sydney City and let me tell you it was the worst experience. High anxiety, they treat you like a number, my manager had no clue what she was doing, favouritism is rife, dog eat dog and good luck going up the ladder. They promote a work life balance when hiring but when working they squeeze you so hard. If you don't become friends with the manager or higher ups then goodluck.

Oh and there was no training. Just got given an ipad and off you go. Dont work for this company.
Pros
Cons
It’s an ok place to work as it’s a multi national company which has head quarters all over the world it’s a great learning experience to work in this company
enjoyable experience
i learned that they make more than just coca-cola

great management

wonderful culture

keeping up with production

learning new skills
For those people new to FMCG it's a good starting place, however if you are experienced, you will not like the culture. It's a tick and flick operation, highly micro managed. Some managers only care about their own progression, if you question or be creative, you will be looked down on, if you follow the company line, you'll do ok. Lots of politics. The company's policies are what's currently holding it back.
cca was a great place to work awesome training to get the best from there team
great culture great incentives

always room to move in the company if your willing to work for your spot
Coke is zero ! You just a number! You are hired until they decide to get rid of you ! The union is weak and full of lies and in my time so where the mangers
Coca Cola warehouse in Hazelmere is a dangerous place to work. Half the forklift drivers just about almost crash into each other they do end up crashing a fair bit. They don’t care about safety of there employees they pay the pickers minimum wage yet they do the hardest job and the most work. They expect you to repeatedly lift a minimum of 250 cases a hour which weighs about 15 kilos each while you only get one 30 minute break and if you do overtime they will try there best not to give you another break the management is horrible they to
I felt like I was as working with a bunch of politicians..
all my hard work and skills were turned away.

the place is a waste of time if you're looking to advance.

although Im doing even better now, working for a bigger company.
a good paying job once you get the hang of it, incentives and privellages for desired Kpi's, hard to pick up at the start but once mastered a outgoing and exotic lifestyle adaptable occupation.
I'm just a casual but I've learnt quite a bit being around the site. I learnt about how the drinks are made, where, when, and all of the requirements to sell to the public. Working there is a bit tough, especially during summer since it's so hot. They seem to have a need for casual employees because of a few people quitting recently. One of the most enjoyable parts of working at coke was learning how the drinks are made and how, it's just very interesting for me.
You need to be connected to the higher ups to get a good position and salary. Too much politics. Your efforts and contributions are not rewarded. Rewards are given to those undeserving but closer to the management.
very supportive management team, great benefits and very cultural and high moral. hardest part of the job was expressing customer and process improvements and not seeing it followed through, the most enjoyable part was the culture.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Amatil. Our community is ready to answer.