Cochlear Ltd Employee Reviews

Great product, poor culture.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW30 September 2018
This place has potential however management only look out for themselves. There is no room for progression unless your ‘in’ with management. For a successful company pay is below average.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Poor pay, no progression.
Great atmosphere
Export Officer / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 October 2018
Very supportive company to work for and they make sure people are trained to be able to do there job correctly with ongoing support. Always willing to help fellow employees.
Pros
Various trips to head office in Sydney
Cons
Some late shifts.
Innovative and family oriented culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 December 2017
Amazing products that change people's lives - always very rewarding to see someone hear for the first time or regain their hearing through Cochlear's technology. Laid back atmosphere that encourages work/life balance.
A difficult work environment for Regulatory Affairs
Head of Global Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Sydney, Australia24 September 2017
Cochlear, historically, has not invested heavily in the Regulatory Affairs function, globally, and so with limited resources and a somewhat negative approach to Regulatory Affairs, it has been a struggle to work in the company. I'm looking for a company that understands the inherent value of Regulatory Affairs to the success and sustainability of the company.
Pros
A good collection of committee personnel
Cons
An ineffective and chaotic executive team and board of directors
Cochlear was good job
Electronic Assembler & Team leader (Former Employee) –  Lane Cove NSW 206629 August 2017
I was working in Cochlear for nearly 9 years. 5 years was Teamleader job. The job was not easy but very interesting with the Microscope all the time. I like to work electronic assembler and Medical device job. Very good management and a lot of Training about the job. I was Resign in Cochlear because of I try to change my life but not successful in my country.
Pros
coffee & tea
Cons
8 hrs
Very Dynamic
Personal Assistant to Head of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park, NSW8 February 2015
Another excellent experience for me. Again just a short term contract, culture and people were great. Would return here also if a permanent vacancy should become available that is suited to me. Great work life balance culture is encouraged.
Pros
On site Cafe
Good environment
Remuneration Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 May 2017
Small company trying to be a big one but not knowing how ... a little naive. Lack of discipline in decision making. Spending too much on head office.
Pros
Sense of making life better for people
Only a maternity Contract role
EA to SVP, Manufacturing & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park, NSW20 January 2015
This company was fantastic to work for. I was extremely busy and I was paid reasonably well for my hard work.

Unfortunately, this was only a maternity leave Contract role and there were no other opportunities available at the end of my Contract role.

I would work for Cochlear Ltd again.
Pros
Global organisation
Cons
Extremely busy