Cochlear Ltd
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Cochlear Ltd Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews
Great employee benefits and company culture, flex work benefits, clear mission and strategic outlook for 3-5 years horizon and very inclusive working environment
A company that takes care of its employees. Stable and has potential for strong growth. Biotech company with strong focus on research. Is #1 in its market.
One of the best companies to work for. A stimulating, diverse and vibrant work environment, top technology and top products which are recognized as world leading in the cochlea implant space. Highly performant and laser-focused R&D teams.
Very supportive company to work for and they make sure people are trained to be able to do there job correctly with ongoing support. Always willing to help fellow employees.
Pros
Various trips to head office in Sydney
Cons
Some late shifts.
This place has potential however management only look out for themselves. There is no room for progression unless your ‘in’ with management. For a successful company pay is below average.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Poor pay, no progression.
I worked in Cochlear over 4.5 years and had a broad understanding in manufacturing and logistic especially in procurement. Had good opportunity with production engineer on manufacturing process and fully managed end to end procurement process. I work closely with new product development sourcing and project management on new product. I assist Quality team on Supply Quality Agreement management with critical suppliers. I assist Quality team on Auditing from TUV-Sud, FDA etc.
I work collaboratively with Production manager on critical item sourcing.

The hardest part of the job is to work closely with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to keep good supply to production without any interruption no matter any situation.
Pros
free share
Cons
try to meet unrealistic deadline
Amazing products that change people's lives - always very rewarding to see someone hear for the first time or regain their hearing through Cochlear's technology. Laid back atmosphere that encourages work/life balance.
Cochlear, historically, has not invested heavily in the Regulatory Affairs function, globally, and so with limited resources and a somewhat negative approach to Regulatory Affairs, it has been a struggle to work in the company. I'm looking for a company that understands the inherent value of Regulatory Affairs to the success and sustainability of the company.
Pros
A good collection of committee personnel
Cons
An ineffective and chaotic executive team and board of directors
I was working in Cochlear for nearly 9 years. 5 years was Teamleader job. The job was not easy but very interesting with the Microscope all the time. I like to work electronic assembler and Medical device job. Very good management and a lot of Training about the job. I was Resign in Cochlear because of I try to change my life but not successful in my country.
Pros
coffee & tea
Cons
8 hrs
Small company trying to be a big one but not knowing how ... a little naive. Lack of discipline in decision making. Spending too much on head office.
Pros
Sense of making life better for people
Another excellent experience for me. Again just a short term contract, culture and people were great. Would return here also if a permanent vacancy should become available that is suited to me. Great work life balance culture is encouraged.
Pros
On site Cafe
This company was fantastic to work for. I was extremely busy and I was paid reasonably well for my hard work.

Unfortunately, this was only a maternity leave Contract role and there were no other opportunities available at the end of my Contract role.

I would work for Cochlear Ltd again.
Pros
Global organisation
Cons
Extremely busy