Coles Employee Reviews

Work experience, comfortable and reasonable
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 June 2018
This company I was working for had given us a work experience job. This was required by my school to give us a one week work experience.

The working environment was friendly and overall helpful to our experience around Coles supermarket and how it runs on a daily basis. We are required to restock shelves, bake home-brand deserts and clean up around floors and to take the rubbish out.

It was a friendly and a well worth experience I will never forget
Pros
It was friendly and a good environment to work in
Cons
No cons
Fun but challenging work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 June 2018
Most enjoyable part of working at Liquorland would be interacting with customers on a daily basis and creating friendships and loyalty with regular customers.

Hardest part about working at Liquorland is that there is alot of heaving lifting involved and pay rate is not high enough
Pros
Cons
always working independently and not getting Christmas parties or team bonding activities.
Love my team members, upper management on the other hand
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA18 June 2018
All team members that I have worked with have always been hard-working, very hard-working to the point where some are doing the job of a manager for no extra pay or acknowledgment. Upper management have no idea what actually happens on the shop floor and unrealistic expectations-when you give more, all they want is more. Hours during the summer months are quite generous and fair however, winter months are a different story.
Pros
Fellow team members
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from upper management
Everyone who works here hates it.
Trolley Collector (Current Employee) –  Tweed Heads NSW17 June 2018
The pay rate for Coles is pretty decent, though after working there for a short time you'll find that nobody enjoys their time there. The upper management try to sell the 'family' angle, meanwhile the company cuts hours and refuses to hire new people when stores are understaffed.

Worked for a year and they refused to teach me anything outside of my field of work, so there was next to no chance of promotion or movement to different areas.

Recommend for a short time period while looking for something better.
Pros
They provide free foods, tea and coffee in the break room.
Cons
You'll hate yourself before long.
As baker
Baker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 June 2018
I Had worked in Coles , Two different location in Different state . I Saw each one different then others. One store management so comfy that makes you to work for them and feel Happy and Loyal and other makes you angry and makes you quit the Job . Same company , same job and same salary but two different standard.
Pros
Coffee with goodies
Cons
not focusing on team work.
Good.
Night Fill Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mt Druitt NSW17 June 2018
- Pay is very good
- Managers change every 3 months due to stress
- Work culture very good
- As a casual, I get called in multiple times a week
- Fellow employees are very nice
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Queensland17 June 2018
The company will over hire, lie during interviews, when you complain about bullying you then have to talk to the person who bullies you, very poorly run.
I like this job
Worker (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC17 June 2018
I am friendly,king,dill with customer I can speak with diffrent people i like this job I can fing diffrent friends and customers and speak with all people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Through my experience I was able to gain life skills.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 June 2018
Working for Coles gave me experience and a inside look to see what the retail life is about. I thoroughly enjoy my posting and time working with Coles.
Over worked, Underpaid!
Team leader night fill (Former Employee) –  Hallam VIC12 June 2018
Expectations on workload is unrealistic. Management actively encourage staff to ignore and not comply with OH&S procedures in order to increase work efficiency.
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 June 2018
Stable job
you may have a chance to do leadership training if your wanting to move up within the company
good way to contact with people and to make friends
My favourite place to work
Y2K Project Manager (LAN/WAN) - Contract (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 June 2018
This was a huge project that I managed at Coles, and perhaps my favourite job of them all. This is where I really learned my stakeholder management skills.
Pros
Huge projects
productive and fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA11 June 2018
Working at coles was a fun and good learning work experience. All the team members were lovely and outgoing, it was like working with family. We all got the job done while still having fun.
Pros
discount card
Cons
travelling there
very good enviornment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Doonside NSW11 June 2018
Learned good management skills. As part of my role, I have worked on multiple documents which include confidential & sensitive information. I always maintain integrity & confidentiality of company values & data while working with various internal & external stakeholders. I have developed rich skills working in very sensitive environment, keeping confidentiality of my task and keeping interests of business partners and stake holders. Apart from that I have worked in customer service keeping high level of discretion.
coles was okay
7 months as Dairy manager (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC8 June 2018
As a member of coles, i worked hard to make ends meet, and strived for excellence, however, when I was injured at work, my opportunities became lessened grately.
Team Member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS8 June 2018
Unfortunately there was never going to be an opportunity to better myself even tho when applying for the job they promise alot. It was a good job love working in customer service but at times felt let down by the company.
Productive and hulticultural environment
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 June 2018
I am a male and very hardworking. Can work under pressure and honest. Very punctual to duty and efficient.
Trust worthy and reliable at any given opportunity given me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good place to work if you are friendly and work hard.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 June 2018
Been working in every department. Managers are generally friendly and helpful. Promotion is hard. Can be very repetitive and dry. Very good pay if you are a student looking for some side work.
Pros
Good pay as a casual job.
Cons
repetitive, hard to get a promotion
fun workplace
Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Armadale WA4 June 2018
management is great
great team members
easy going never pulled up in front of people if done something you should. learn new things everytime going into work
Great!
Night Fill (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW4 June 2018
Coles is a great workplace! The work place is always tidy and everyone is really friendly. The work isn't hard at all and the mangers/team leaders are really fair with how they give out the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.