Coles Employee Reviews

Found 2,152 reviews matching the search See all 2,224 reviews
fun relaxing rewarding
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Singleton WA19 October 2018
working for coles i felt as though i was safe at all times everyday day there was so fun i learned so much in such a small time in fast paced environment i recommend working for this fantastic business
Pros
good pay
Typical CSO roll
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT17 October 2018
As with any customer service position you have to expect changes, but with coles there are plenty of opportunities for advancement if thats what you wish
Enjoyable place to work for with strong managerial structures.
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Launceston TAS17 October 2018
coles is large business with strong managerial structures and a good overall place to work for. Hours can be hard to come by at times with the higher up management at times seeming to only consider the maximum profits and not employees.
productive time
Part Time, Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD15 October 2018
a good job, always working even if there is no one in sight, always refiling the stock, so the customers can get fresh meat when they order. It was a pleasure working with such wonderful people at the time i was working, getting to know them properly for 10 months was wonderful
the versatility
nightfill (Current Employee) –  Maryborough QLD14 October 2018
I enjoy working at Coles because the versatility in jobs going from one isle to another gives me the benefit of heavy lifting to working in the freezer section
Very bad working environment and they puss you lot
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sylvania Southgate NSW13 October 2018
Very bad working environment and they puss you lot. Only cut our. They give you 3 hours shift. It’s kind of sheet job. They will play with you. Even months boss change, every day new new boss new staffs. No one like to stay long time in Coles. Woolworths is more better then Coles for team members
Good Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Laverton VIC12 October 2018
Good learning environment.
ability to learn more on multi tasking and more customer service oriented

but lack in team member appreciation and not acknowledging the hard work.
Pros
customer oriented
Cons
lack appreciation
Excellent Team Environment
Night-Fill Team Member (Former Employee) –  Taigum QLD11 October 2018
I have enjoyed working at Coles every time. The people there are very nice.
The hardest part of the job was making sure the very large pallet of Dairy or Grocery products got out onto the floor properly.
my review
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 October 2018
My usual duties entail me to dress appropriately, be on time and always put our customers first.

I have been taught at Coles Supermarket to be adaptive, professional and how to treat and act towards customers and to always provide exceptional customer service.

However, at my store I feel like we all don't get a fair share of moving around and trying different things, or being acknowledged when it is needed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to make sure I have left customers happy and satisfied with the service they have received and will want to come back.
Pros
5% Discount, Security, looked after
Cons
no fair share, no acknowledgment to team members, favoritism.
Customer Service
Coles Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 October 2018
Coles is a diverse industry to work in, very friendly staff. You get to learn a variety of skills such as customer Service, Money Handling, Cleaning, Stock Taking stc.
Pros
Lovely Staff
Cons
Small Hour Shifts
Productive and friendly staff
Coles Team Member (Former Employee) –  Thornlie WA7 October 2018
When I had started work experience for coles, I had been a little nervous due to this being my first time working in a retail company, but after I had met the staff and the manager who were all friendly I had felt calm and confident and helped out as much as I can throughout my work experience period of time. Overall I believe that it is a very Friendly and productive place to work at.
All good
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 October 2018
I did most of my shifts, starting from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM. I for most of the days face many number of customers during that course of time. And also managing sales, collecting payments and attending customers in forecourt with their concerns.
Pros
Learned Multitasking
Cons
I did not noticed any
gets the job done and provide great customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cambridge Gardens NSW3 October 2018
being an employee at coles gives a lot of customer satisfaction all the time and is always willing to do the best for the customer no matter what. working at coles gave me a lot of communication skills and team work in the workplace, the most enjoyable part of work is working with the people i like because it does not only make the work place better but it also makes it faster
Pros
good hours
Cons
people don't pull their own weight
Productive, well-developed environment and open to everyone.
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 October 2018
Worked like a permanent worker, got along with most people quite easily. Hardest part was not knowing what customers want because I wasn't well-versed in terminologies and productions.
Pros
Communicate freely
Cons
Long hours, Standing.
Fun and easy work place but terrible management.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Essendon VIC29 September 2018
The job itself is quite easy and anyone can do regardless what experience or skills you have. It can be quite enjoyable when you work with colleagues who care about you and work as a team. My only concern is the management. It may just be my experience at my store, but I have found my experience with my managers to be poor. They seem to have no qualifications in management and so they bully, talk down to people and do not acknowledge any of our hard work. We are overworked, underappreciated and taken advantage of. Other than the management, I enjoy my job and it has given me a source of income during my studies. I get to talk to my regular customers and make new friends of different cultures and backgrounds.
Pros
Meet new people and do an easy job
Cons
Poor management and low wages
Coles is australia,s big brand serving aussie people in each and every sector of their life.
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Western Australia28 September 2018
management is always helpful and makes everyone comfort .
environment made me to do task in an effective manner.
multicultural employees were so co-operative
always we had toolbox meeting to discuss issues.
Okay starting point
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shellharbour NSW26 September 2018
Coles is a great company to work for, however it depends who you work for. Store and department managers can either make or break you. Sometimes its hard to follow procedure and be taken advantage of. Overall, good environment but not a long term career.
working at coles in high school
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sunnybank QLD25 September 2018
good place to work at with friendly people and a great cultural environment. i worked there part time during high school and the pay was pretty good for a high school job.
Pros
free food in lunch room and good discount
Cons
low hours
Manangement is horrible
Service team member (Former Employee) –  Moonee Beach NSW24 September 2018
Manangement is horrible . they do not allow for you to participate in sporting activiies. they did not allow me to travel to see my mother in sydeny once every 2 months
good
Student Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Nambour QLD21 September 2018
it was a good and easy job. always lots to do. always on your feet, running around all day stacking the shelves and helping customers with whatever they needed.
Pros
easy
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.