Coles Employee Reviews

Found 2,270 reviews matching the search See all 2,345 reviews
Shitt workplace with full of politics
Csr (Current Employee) –  North Melbourne VIC16 February 2019
The management is bad and there is no security of your job. One weeek you might not be getting any hours. Managers just think about themselves and there is no support.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no appreciation, no support
Great Team like family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goulburn15 February 2019
Was nice to have the social aspect in you're career, Meeting new people was interesting and you learn new things daily.
The workplace environment was always friendly and kind of like family which made it that much easier to get up daily and go to work.
The managers were always willing to help you in any avenue, Such as trying new departments and any issues that may arise.
The whole dynamic was great thoroughly enjoyed working for coles
Having the opportunity to work in different departments such as Deli etc was a great learning curve and brought up other opportunities in the customer service field.
I would probably say the hardest part of the job was the number of hours in which you stand, can be quite painfull although they do accommodate by having rubber mats.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Coles Services Area Manager
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Australia15 February 2019
DONT EVER ACCEPT THIS ROLE

Money is poor on call 24/7 business can’t accept there is a work life balance issue ROMs are useless!

Who in a area regional manger has to replace sick calls of 130plus direct reports
Pros
Big company
my 1st job in aus
Team member (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT14 February 2019
i was worked coles
The atmosphere depends on the manager of the store but you can make a good atmosphere by good cooperation with the manager of each department. The best thing is the continuous income.
Very enjoyable, excellent and productive.
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Victoria11 February 2019
It is a very good environment to be around.
Good and productive.
Every employer is kind and outgoing.
The group there is just very caring.
Alot of hard workers.
Teamwork is key.
I literally only did a week of work experience but it was good
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Tooronga VIC8 February 2019
I did a week of work experience in their 'store support centre' and it was great, its such a cool facility but since i haven't actually worked there i can't really give a review.
Can be a easy place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 February 2019
I work 4am to 9am shifts as a cleaner (recovery clean) relatively easy
Sweep the produce area
Mop/use a machine to do the store floors and the back
Trolley collecting

If you finish quick i suggest you go back and sweep the produce cause people mess it legit while youre cleaning lol just clean as you go really
Not really a hard job its pretty brain dead just got to have common sense
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Nice place to work, once used to working.
Customer Service Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 February 2019
Good place to work at. Would have been better if the head office did themselves, as much as they require the team members to do. Work force is chill, majority of the work done there is easy and straigh tforward .
Pros
Team member benefits, like discounted movie tickets.
Amazing Managers
Online Team member (Former Employee) –  New South Wales3 February 2019
I had the opportunity to work with amazing managers and team members who were very supportive and helping.

Never faced any issues with holidays or leaves. The managers were very considerate and tried to helped with every obstacle that we faced.
Team Member
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Rhodes NSW2 February 2019
Best place to work with good team and good work environment.
Very understanding and safety first
Given equal respect and opportunity to grow.
Appreciation and work recognition
Pros
Healthy working environment

Want to know more about Coles?

Ask a question
Fact paced workplace with over expecting management
Nightfiller (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD2 February 2019
Working as nightfill for two years in Toowoomba for coles. The management was bad but colleagues were the best. Management Lacks communication to staff members especially nightfill. No appreciation for hard work. Managers Can be rude and very demanding, doesn’t matter if it’s the best you are giving. Almost always understaffed but nonetheless they imply as if there is always enough staff to do the job. But it’s all corporate manipulation to get more done in less time and with less staff to save more money so the managers can get the credit for saving money. Casuals aren’t given enough hours ever unless you go to manager every week and almost beg for more hours to pay the bills. Not a fair workplace as they make it look like. Really stressful. Only suited to those who can work really fast and put up with managers acting like CEOs.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Lack of communication and enough hours. No appreciation or feedback.
Worst management I’ve ever worked for.
Coles Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond Icon1 February 2019
Where do I start. working at icon as a coles service member. It felt like management and other staff members didn’t have the time for me. The micromangement from the store manager caused me great anxiety. It would not matter if you cleaned the whole floor. if there was ever a mess casued by a customer (grape on floor etc) i would be accontable. But better yet, instead of actually asking or talking to me about it, he would go contact the area manager to basically call me??? I guess talking to the “cleaner” was too much of a inconvenience for him.

My contract hours was 6-2pm, but yet a couple of times a week after finishing at 2 i would be pressured to come in the following 12am to start another 9 hour shift. .
Not to mention the little time i wasn’t working, I would always get a text or call from the area manager. Most of the time I would get a text as late as 10 to basically work at another store at 6 the next morning.
Long story short. working at coles was the reason my mental health completely broke down.

Lack of communication, lack of care and lack of training really breaks you down over a period. Worst time of my life.
Pros
The fact it’s still a job.
Cons
Lack of communication from mangement, bad life and work balance, coles services is bottom of the staff food chain (or at least that’s the way we are treated)
Trainee ship taught me alot about retail
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Noble Park VIC1 February 2019
one i my first jobs in retail. Did a trainee ship which taught me a lot.
I learnt how to count tills, use a register and to fill stock.Had a lot of fun at coles.
Pros
Cons
travel to school
Quiet and peaceful
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  South Hedland WA31 January 2019
Coles nightfill was a good quiet job with added benefits they are very towards employees and customers when dealing in retail I would work for them in the future
Fast and Enjoyable
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT31 January 2019
Was always looking forward to working. Coles online was such a great experience. The manager was friendly and there was so many things to learn about.
Enjoyable
Coles Services manager (Current Employee) –  Oakleigh VIC30 January 2019
Everyday is a different day for me
I have to be ready for everything from team not turning up been sick
Customers from all different back grounds
I have to do rosters that can change from one day to the next
they change with weather and events that are happening
I am training a new 2ic as my old 2ic got her own store so l have one year to my new 2ic ready for her store
I love working with my team teaching them to work together up training team
Make work fun and enjoyable to work in
Pros
Have a great team
Cons
Little break Long hours
Great job for people studying
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Kippa-Ring QLD29 January 2019
Coles accommodates its staff well and gives them long enough breaks. Good part time job for nights or weekends if you are studying. Can be hard with difficult customers, if worked in retail before than that wont be new to you.
Fast paced, generally friendly
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Werribee VIC29 January 2019
at times the environment would become stressful and fast paced but it also allowed employees to learn how to handle situations like those and help prepare themselves for things like that in the future
big
Trainee management program (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 January 2019
very large highly competitive industry of retail shopping in the super market supply chain. Great grounding for young people to be part of a large organisation.
Pros
hrs
Cons
lots
Fun working atmosphere
Coles Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Forest Hill VIC28 January 2019
Coles is a great place to work. Great rostering options and not much work load. Very competitive and less growth opportunities. It is a great first job for students to gain experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.