Coles Employee Reviews

Found 2,204 reviews matching the search See all 2,277 reviews
good fast paced environment
Customer service cashier, dairy load (Current Employee) –  Waurn Ponds VIC8 December 2018
everyone is friendly and we all get along, get our jobs done on time, and it is a good work load, it is only short hours and we start at 6am finish at 9am but it is enough, and it is a good way to wake up.
Pros
good team
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Place To Work
Coles Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Perth WA7 December 2018
Coles north perth is a lovely store to work at, allways busy and allways something to do. Managers allways advised their staff shift with plenty of time to prepare for changes
Great people to work with
Service Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD7 December 2018
Friendly staff willing to teach new employees anything they need. Comfortable relaxed attitude towards work and always willing to listen to suggestions.
Pros
Great People
Cons
24/7 Operation comes with uncomfortable shifts
Good working atmosphere, loved it there
Team Member/Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD6 December 2018
- Typically received shifts between 4 to 6 hours
- The deli was very full on, but manageable
- coworkers were friendly and understanding
- pay was good; as a 17 yr old I was earning just over $16 an hour on week days
- costumers were generally friendly
Pros
good pay, good atmosphere
Cons
the deli is very busy
Stressful and Disappointing
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensland6 December 2018
Coles does not practice their ethics of looking after their team. Management is only worried about getting more money in their pocket and cut staff hours but increase work load and expect it to be done under realistic times. No empathy or understanding that someone cannot live on 13 hours a week. Prices are down down but so is staff priority.
Cons
Unreliable hours
Productive, passion to help and work
Customer service assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Edgecliff, AU4 December 2018
- The environment's friendly due to the people working
- Safe place with trusting people who could help if needed
- Meeting new people is the best part of the job
Pros
Offers
Cons
Could be tiring sometimes but that comes with every job
Horrible time
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Carrum Downs VIC3 December 2018
8:00 am start
5:00 pm finish

Horrible treatment towards workers from other workers and manager any kind of mistake no matter the size and you get warned.

and from manager "5 warnings and you done"
don't go here to work you'll regret it.
Pros
aircons and heaters
Cons
Horrible Workers and trainers
Fun very rich in experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD2 December 2018
Overall the team where I worked was nice and inviting and even though I had a week of work experience I learnt a lot in that time I was there I learnt that work can be fun and the skill of facing
Enjoyable job, fun, always learning
Customer Service/Checkout Opertor/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broome WA2 December 2018
The most typical day at Coles is when the ACO Machines start to go down and the customers get so frustrated with them, as the machine tells the customer to remove the item from the bagging area, then the customer will call for assistant to help them I explain to the customer that there is bag scale so that it can measure the correct item. Since I have been with Coles I have learnt to have patient and also be calm about things.
great store
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmerston, NT, AU30 November 2018
Great store, was given multiple opportunities across the entire store learning different skills. While working in bakery we were like a "family" and had an amazing cooperative work environment. Staff always took the time to teach others how to do specific jobs which helped with everyone being able to help each other when needed
great environment and staff
SUPERVISOR / SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, Qld, AU30 November 2018
enjoyed my 7 years with the company based on team support and in depth training. would recommend working for company based on relaxed environment and support.
Night Fill
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Erskine WA28 November 2018
Loved working night fill, great people and easy hours. Independent work which i love and the rosters are stable. The salary is okay, award rate but allows for extra hours when they have them to offer.
Standard Workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Lindfield NSW28 November 2018
Management is all over the place, a typical day at work would be very hard due to a lack of scheduling staff.

Very cheap with contracts; ensure you check which contract you sign before working in order to receive your designated hours.
Pros
very interactive
Cons
Standing all day
management unfair
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Banksia Grove WA27 November 2018
managment at the coles i worked at was unfair and only benefited the employees that knew eachother or were related. I have worked their for nearly 6 years and have been there since the banksia grove store opened. 3 years ago a new customer service mangager started working and ever since then if you are not family friends or family with either her or the second in command you will not get any shifts and will be treated lower than the rest.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD27 November 2018
Very busy, great to improve customer service skills. The workplace was respectful. The hardest part was meeting each individuals' specific packing methods. It was enjoyable to meet and connect with other community members.
Pros
Easy to get to and from work
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun crew
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Narre Warren South VIC25 November 2018
The team can be fun to work with all the while being professional in getting the job done efficiently and effectively. Leading the team to meet the goals set out from management
Decent work and good pay
Store Team Member - Coles Services, Labrador (Current Employee) –  Labrador QLD25 November 2018
the company is good and look after their employees well. The company culture seems okay but could be better by involving employees on some team events.
Terrible place to work
Cleaner In Charge (Current Employee) –  Illawarra NSW25 November 2018
High level management are only driven by greed and often are the least productive members of the workforce. No matter how much work you do and how hard you work management are never satisfied. They regularly use intimidation tactics to push employees so hard that they often burn out from being over worked and quit. Unsurprisingly there is a very high turnover of staff. The workload is extremely unrealistic and ever increasing, and staff cuts come in regular waves. This company only cares about money and views it's employees to be completely expendable.
Please note: I would expand on this review and go into detail about my experiences with this company however the Indeed guidelines forbid me from doing so.
Pros
5% discount card (that'll take at least 3 months to get to you - mine took 7 months).
Cons
An extremely unrealistic and ever increasing workload, a company culture of greed, constant under staffing.
Generally a nice place to work and has great benefits.
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 November 2018
A typical day working for Coles is mostly easy and positive.
Management is the only place I believe it is sometimes lacking, as there are a few issues that reoccur in management, that are not always solved.
I found my transition into Coles very easy and positive, I don't believe there is anything hard about it.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the culture and sense of community.
Pros
Support from team
Cons
Communication between staff and management
repetitive team work, not rewarding
Coles team member (Current Employee) –  Kingscliff NSW24 November 2018
very repetitive is good if your with good people, and is hard work and dosnt require many skillls or include many advancements within the career, positives include the ability to finish work and not have to stress about it, reasonable money for the effort

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.