Coles Employee Reviews

Found 2,100 reviews matching the search See all 2,168 reviews
Fun to work with coles
Coles services (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD16 August 2018
Coles is a people pleasing, charity giving, culture balanced company which is why I chose to apply for a job there. Lovely people to be around and I learned so much in the short time that I was there and the job gave me some new found confidence. I owe coming out of my shell to Coles supermarkets.
Pros
Got to be in the store with just one other perso .
Cons
Late hours
No personal growth
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS16 August 2018
When you first join Coles, they promise a future with them, training you to the best standards in customer service and opportunity to exceed at higher levels. They give you all these hours and soon as a minor comes along, seniors are left out, due to wages. There is no personal growth in the company and managers only acknowledge the favourites. I was left on the register with a customer for fifteen minutes and still the supervisor wouldn't come to me to approve a clearance, which I wasn't aloud to do myself. Training was very poor and not what you call professional.
Pros
Customers / Teams members
Cons
No hours, Managers
Good workplace, positive attitudes.
Retail (Former Employee) –  Berkeley NSW15 August 2018
I would rate Coles Berkeley very high as they were positive people when working and explained jobs very clearly without confusion. I would recommend working at Coles Berkeley.
Pros
Good manager
productive and organised work
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 August 2018
easy to learn and helpful system of progression. Good and helpful culture and store organisation. Working with the different workers was very fun. It was easy to correct mistakes
Pros
lunches
fun place
Coles Services Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 August 2018
one of the highly rewarding places to work, with equal opportunities for all. A genuine place where the work ethics is valued. the staffs and the team are very helpful.
Is a lovely environment to work in
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ulladulla NSW13 August 2018
A typical day at Coels Ulladulla is very busy, there is always something to do. The hardest part of working at Coles is dealing with angry customers, though you just have to learn to bite your tongue and deal with it in the nicest possible way.
Pros
Lovely Staff
Cons
Long Hours Can Drag On
retail
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  ACT ACT13 August 2018
I currently work in retail, I enjoy working with the public and love working on the checkout as I get to talk to people all day long.

Every day I learn something new and I love to learn new things

I don't have a typical day as my day changes and varies depending on customer flow.
Pros
I get to talk to people
Cons
nil
Very busy hands on job.
Customer Service/Night Fill (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC12 August 2018
Its a great environment to work in. Most of the team members are easygoing and great to work with. Management is great and they make a point of getting to know a little about you and where you’d like your career to go.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Late nights
Good friendly workplace
Coles Services (Current Employee) –  Lake Haven NSW12 August 2018
A typical day at work. Collect trolleys and return them to either the trolley bay or inside of the supermarket.

What i have learned.
How to clean to a commercial standard
How to use a floor scrubber and polisher

Hardest part of the job. Not one

The most enjoyable part of the job. Nothing really enjoyable about it
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short hours
A good first step into the workforce
Service team member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 August 2018
Working at Coles taught me how to interact with different people, whether it be dealing with different customers or meeting new team members and learning to work with them. I have a delightful manager I love working with and a incredible service team where everyone helps out each other during peak hours and even just during normal duties.
payroll duties, customer service, answering the phones
Office in Charge (Current Employee) –  Brandon Park VIC12 August 2018
Working for Coles is enjoyable, sometimes stressful hardest part of the job getting use to new payroll systems and difficult management, but really good environment
Pros
great friends more like family
Cons
no more full-time work unless you want to be a manger
bad working environment
Relief Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 August 2018
the company couldnt really care less about its employees.
i dont understand why i have to write out 150 characters are minimum so im just gunna keep w
Great workplace, poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 August 2018
It was a really great place to work, but after managers got switched around, it went downhill. I might have stayed if the managers were nicer, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the workplace and my co-workers a lot.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
A great team to be apart as employees are always friendly and open minded to new ideas.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 August 2018
This role enabled me to further develop my teamwork, technology, critical and creative thinking skills. Through my encounter with customers of various ethnicities and ages, I obtained excellent attentive listening and interpersonal communication skills. My duties included providing professional customer service, ensuring that shelves are stocked properly and that all items and shelves are dusted and cleaned regularly.
Pros
Discounts
Work PLacement
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 August 2018
Honestly, I enjoyed doing my work experience at Coles. It was unpaid but the people I worked with were really nice and the hours weren't too demanding. I definitely recommend Coles.
Pros
Flexibility, Work Culture, Breaks
Long Hours
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 August 2018
I have worked for coles twice and both times have been very different. I worked in Hobart as a duty manager and in Melbourne as a Deli manager. Melbourne pays a lot more. In TAS I was on 65k and in VIC I'm on 75k. You can make good money but you'll work a lot of hours for free.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
Too many hours
Not a very fun work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC7 August 2018
There is too much favouritism at worksite where I work, not enough equal opportunities for everyone. But there are some positives such as good pay at Coles company.
Pros
Vouchers for high picking team members
Cons
Not always long enough hours
had fun
Retail (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW3 August 2018
it was very long shift . but had fun at the end. i enjoyed every hart of it . i want to a job just like it. the job was not that fun but i enjoyed it so much.
Pros
had lunch
Cons
was tiring
Good money, toxic working environment at store-level
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Narellan NSW2 August 2018
The work is fair for the pay, basic tasks include restocking shelves and off-fixture displays, counting and adjusting stock levels, maintaining inventory locations and maintaining an orderly back-of- house (surprisingly? difficult when inundated with stock).
Workplace culture lets down what could be a great company. The negativity of a large part of the store workforce is seen across multiple stores (at least at those I've worked at and visited).
Made alot of good people
Shop Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Western Australia1 August 2018
Worked there for 5 yrs.Moving back to Perth, hopefully get a transfer.Worked in most departments during this time,was always overlooked for any progression and constantly overlooked when asking for more hours. Never stopped me still asking tho, persistence pays off they say....Maybe another store may open more opportunities in the future.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.