Coles Employee Reviews in Adelaide SA

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 2,433 reviews
Not too good put on for different shifts than originally don’t ask for half a day off for ur birthday they don’t give
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 May 2019
Not too pleasant place to work,not run good as you would expect a big company to run and don’t ever know where you stand refer to my summery as in above
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Supervisors and shift changes
Never been treated so badly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA27 February 2019
roster was only 12 hrs a week but I always did 30+, I picked up every shift offered. job lasted 3 months.........no contact from manager, just stopped rostering me, no pertormance review or complaints. after a month of no shifts, I found out I no longer have a job. I had 2 job offers and I chose the wrong company, stuffed up my chances with the other company now.
Pros
customers
Cons
everything else
Loved working for Coles express excellent environment
Store Manager Shell (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 February 2019
Can’t advance any further in my career looking for something that I can strive towards to better my self
And the company wanted to always be loss prevention
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Don’t follow through with helping with your career
assistant manager
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 January 2019
These people are like family. Was a great place to work but needed more hours. Now they are catching up again to other 24/7 businesses. Would gladly work there again. No worries about mtd as they close at night now.
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough hours
Team was great but oppurtunites weren't for me and job hours offered was minimal
Nightfill & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 December 2018
While working at coles I was offered a few different opportunities which I felt was a good experience. The team was great and easy to get along with but throughout my time there I was given minimal hours and offered hours I said I was unavailable for.
Pros
Good team, Learning experience
Cons
Lack of Hours
A great team to be apart as employees are always friendly and open minded to new ideas.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 August 2018
This role enabled me to further develop my teamwork, technology, critical and creative thinking skills. Through my encounter with customers of various ethnicities and ages, I obtained excellent attentive listening and interpersonal communication skills. My duties included providing professional customer service, ensuring that shelves are stocked properly and that all items and shelves are dusted and cleaned regularly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Love my team members, upper management on the other hand
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA18 June 2018
All team members that I have worked with have always been hard-working, very hard-working to the point where some are doing the job of a manager for no extra pay or acknowledgment. Upper management have no idea what actually happens on the shop floor and unrealistic expectations-when you give more, all they want is more. Hours during the summer months are quite generous and fair however, winter months are a different story.
Pros
Fellow team members
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from upper management
Sometimes have free food in staff area
Stacking shelves (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA30 May 2018
Coles was a very good place to do work experience and a very friendly boss yet very hard working at the same time and likes to get things done, not fluff around.
Coles Review
Cleaner/trolley collector (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 January 2018
Wonderful job with loads of opportunities to grow within the company. The work within this position is a not to difficult position and with the chances of progressing it gives great intensive.
Pros
Work life
Cons
Early starts
Casual role to fill the time
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA18 January 2018
A lot of training provided, Friendly people, lots of hours decent pay for an adult on casual wage. Coles is a pretty straight forward place to work, go in, do your job and leave
Productive and fun workplace
Stock hand (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 November 2017
Although it can be a productive and fun workplace, the job is very demanding and can be challenging at times. However the employees there are always a pleasure to work with
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 November 2017
Variety of emoymemt and diversity of people, not only within the staff but customers. Great opportunities for progression through ranks of desired or security of role.
fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA5 November 2017
I did work here long, but it was fun and gained some experience, Everyday is a new day and things get different in the workplace. Good culture organisation and helpful Managers.
good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 October 2017
very stressful, especially when you're alone. After training is complete you're practically put out on you're own.
You learn a lot of things, how to use the till, rotation of stock, price reductions, pump use.
management are very serious about their jobs, although good people to talk to, once you're on shift they're very professional.
The workplace is quite good, but as i said before is hard when alone.
hardest part of the job would be trying to remember everything you've learnt so you don't make mistakes, there is a lot involved.
Enjoyable parts would be when you have someone around to keep company with and to help if you're in need and to answer any questions you have.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
stressful
Fun and fast paced workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 October 2017
I worked here as a checkout operator. I learned quite a few things while working, for example cash handling. The management was very friendly which made the workplace fun.
Not bad but inconsistent after 2 years
Nightfill attendant, checkout attendant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 August 2017
Coles is a family invironent easy work and good with hours. Pay was average managent was not professional. Also lazy managers made it difficult to get all the work finished in a night.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Always changing managers and low hours
good company to work for
Service Deli Assistant/Relief Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA28 May 2017
It was a good company to work for, however, management was poor.
they were excellent and understanding when there was an illness or death of a loved family member
Pros
made good friends
Cons
unprofessional management
productive busy workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 April 2017
was a fun busy productive workplace that was very people friendly, would reccomend to friends and family to shop there the only downfall was the long hours and lack of communication
Pros
staff beniefts
Cons
A wonderful Team to work with and Lovely environment.
Service Checkout/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA20 February 2017
Best Place to work in Adelaide. A Team of Dedicated staff lead by an experience and well deserved manager and supervisors.Friendly environment. Beautiful people to delal with.
Pros
A Lovely Environment
Not good
Night Filler (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 February 2017
Bad dont work there its a bad place to be in. Alot of harassment in the work place never got sorted. I dont like hours always getting cut and feel uncomfortable with pay each week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.