Coles Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 2,435 reviews
Loved my role as 2ic great support through department manager
Coles Team Member deli 2IC (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 April 2019
My duties in this role where very demanding but very rewarding . I was trusted with the day to day running of this department and thanked everydayday for the work i accomplished. Team members worked together as a team taking pride in their work . My department manager never asked us to do something unless she had also done it was definitely a role model . In closing i have to say always woke up wanting to go to work even in the busy times EASTER ,CHRISTMAS ,was always a challenge .
Pros
Discounts across several stores
Cons
Cleaning a deli at end of day not an easy job .
Exciting and friendly workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane12 March 2019
I was given the opportunity to work in a great team that helped me gain confidence, social skills and experience in different areas of working. I thoroughly enjoyed being part of the team and I hope to continue being reliable and consistent with my job
General Day
Customer Service, Bakery, Deli (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD4 March 2019
A normal day will be dealing with customer complaints and reassuring them that things happen and things can be changed easy, giving them a piece of mind and happiness so they don't have a bad experience.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
late night hours
Horrible place to work
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 February 2019
The company as a whole is a horrid company to work for. specifically in my store there is a culture of bullying by the store manager and she is also always backed up by the regional manager in terms of bullying team members they simply don't like. There have been several instances of bullying and still the manager is allowed to carry on in their job. They also are always cutting hours from the budgets and demanding staff put up with the cuts, but then get annoyed and punish staff for not keeping the standard of work from before the cuts.
Pros
Other team members
Cons
Everything about the company
big
Trainee management program (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 January 2019
very large highly competitive industry of retail shopping in the super market supply chain. Great grounding for young people to be part of a large organisation.
Pros
hrs
Cons
lots
Impersonal work environment
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 January 2019
Typically people clocked in and out without interaction, which is fine. Management felt unorganised with poor communication. Shifts would be announced at a late notice.
During work, efforts were not rewarded as more capable and efficient workers did not see any benefits to less productive workers. This created a culture where workers would find shortcuts and hope others come and fix their mistakes.
Generally a nice place to work and has great benefits.
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 November 2018
A typical day working for Coles is mostly easy and positive.
Management is the only place I believe it is sometimes lacking, as there are a few issues that reoccur in management, that are not always solved.
I found my transition into Coles very easy and positive, I don't believe there is anything hard about it.
The most enjoyable part of the work is the culture and sense of community.
Pros
Support from team
Cons
Communication between staff and management
table tennis
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 October 2018
a typically day at was fun full of loving people , i learnt alot how to use different type of machinery , the hardest part of the job was sometime waking up at 4 in the morning
Great workplace, poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 August 2018
It was a really great place to work, but after managers got switched around, it went downhill. I might have stayed if the managers were nicer, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the workplace and my co-workers a lot.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Work PLacement
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 August 2018
Honestly, I enjoyed doing my work experience at Coles. It was unpaid but the people I worked with were really nice and the hours weren't too demanding. I definitely recommend Coles.
Pros
Flexibility, Work Culture, Breaks
fast paced and fun environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 July 2018
its a great place to work if you are happy with your current position. the customers are amazing and they make my day. it is difficult to advance in the company though
deli assistent
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 July 2018
just worked in the deli nothing special really, pretty much just get paid by the hour to be spoken down by management and then by customers. work life balance is great though.
good
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 June 2018
i worked for coles express service station. The hours could have been better but it was still good and a great place to work. I can get very busy especially during the peak times of the day but you meet a lot of interesting people
As baker
Baker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 June 2018
I Had worked in Coles , Two different location in Different state . I Saw each one different then others. One store management so comfy that makes you to work for them and feel Happy and Loyal and other makes you angry and makes you quit the Job . Same company , same job and same salary but two different standard.
Pros
Coffee with goodies
Cons
not focusing on team work.
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 June 2018
Stable job
you may have a chance to do leadership training if your wanting to move up within the company
good way to contact with people and to make friends
secure job with decent pay
Dairy Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 May 2018
Can be quite full on at times but with the right approach and leadership skills can tackle the days tasks. Hardest part can be when unexpected things happen in the day but this is usually out of anyones control just makes working a bit tough.

Good work life balance
Friendly workplace, poor training
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 May 2018
I had an overall good experience working at Coles. Everyone was very supportive and friendly, although they never gave me the proper training which left me very anxious to go to work and I ended up making a lot of mistakes because of this. Management realised they never gave me the proper training and apologised although never did anything about it.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Lack of training
work experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 May 2018
Did a bit of work experience when I was in high school. just to gain some knowledge about the working like. was fun and enjoyable. I did learn a lot of things.
Pros
great people
Cons
free food
Complicated but fun workplace at Coles
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 January 2018
A usual day at work was serving customers through the checkouts. I have learned to interact with customers no matter how difficult it may seem and to always have a smile on your face. Management is very well structured. The culture between fellow employees is very strong. The hardest part about work is getting the rosters so late in the week.
Interacting with employees and customers is the best part of the job.
Decent job
Trolley Collector/ Store Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 January 2018
Not a bad work environment, alright management. Decent hours but not very reliable for casuals. Nice team of workers, very friendly and helpful. Not bad work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.