Coles Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 2,458 reviews
Great place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 January 2017
Great job...but get no life.
Working all weekend, every weekend brings no family life. However, great work is always recognised and rewarded. All up, it's a wonderful company to work for, just myself personally, needed more family time.
Pros
Recognition for a job well done
Cons
No life
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 October 2016
Worked on the floor and in the bakery. I learned skills in customer service and how to prepare goods for sale. The management people were lovely. My coworkers were nice and I got along with them during my week there. The hardest part of the job would have to be stocking heavy items onto the shelves. I most enjoyed working in the bakery because there was limited heavy lifting and the work was straightforward.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No wages as it was unpaid work experience
Varied work environment with career advancement opportunities
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 September 2016
Varied and challenging days. From the receiving of produce and grocery loads for the store, to supervision of staff and dealing with customer queries, to problem solving of maintenance issues and organizing of staff to fulfill grocery needs , this is always a fun and challenging environment
Pros
Varied work responsibities
Cons
Long Hours
very good
deli refiller (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 September 2016
it was the usual day at work not very easy going the work itself was a little bit too easy to do as all I had to do was refill the dairy products like the milk area and refilling the odd freezers with more ice
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
was only a casual position
Great Company Fantastic place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 May 2016
*Daily workload ensure staffing met for daily target required,planned RDOs and Annual Leave
Set up training needs for specific functions Team Members and Managers
Reported Incidents and followed up with Investigations
Liased with Transport Provider to ensure all delivers were to be met and on time
*Hardest lesson to come to terms with is that not everyone has the same work ethic,and sometimes my 100% expectations were sometimes too high
*Spending time with co-workers showing an interest and willingness to listen gave me a lot of job satisfaction
*Hardest part and best part was sometimes no matter how much time I sent on a particular person they didnt appreciate it and did not learn from their mistake,other time turning someone around to be the best they could be
*Management over the years I worked with some fantastic people and learned a lot from them,then there some not so good ones I didnt learn anything from them,but really did in the way I know I would not turn out like them
Pros
Made lots of good friends
Cons
Long hours gave too much of myself
Used to be a good company to work for pre 2012
Console Operator/Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD30 April 2016
USED TO BE A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR PRE 2012.
met a lot of nice people during the night
like I said, pre 2012 it was a pleasure to work there, but after that, things went from bad to worse
poor leader ship
Dairy Hand (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 April 2016
To get all your work done in the required time is some times not possible due to bad planning from higher management. Not been though better skills unless you go looking for help. People not taken responsibility for there actions. Some of the people I work with make it a joy to go to work.
Pros
The team members
Cons
Planning
Large company and transfer if possible.
NIGHT FILL OPERATOR - CASUAL (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 March 2016
Great place to work if you have the hours. Sometimes I have only 4 hours a week to live on. Makes it hard if you have a family to support!
Pros
5% discount on all items
Cons
not enough work for casuals
nice place to work
Baker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 March 2016
Fast paced work environment.
Management is helpful
Co workers friendly and helpful
enjoyable job
friendly enviroment
Pros
5% staff discount card
Cons
long hours, no breaks, unpayed overtime, under staffed
Good
Replenishment Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 February 2016
replenishing stock on the shelves, cleaning
stock take. sorting stock into cages and then taking cages into the isle to be restocked. checking expiry dates on products.
Great team of people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD3 January 2016
Something different each day, always learning something.
Servicing the different cultures on a daily basis.
It gave a chance to share experiences delivering customer service.
To formulate a culture and to train young team members.
Pros
Cons
Always learning something new
Coles Review
Night-fill Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD3 December 2015
Excellent company to both shop at and work for.
Very well organised and presented.
Staff are friendly and bubbly and love to help others.
Extremely pressurised work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD2 November 2015
Mainly about numbers not employees. A lot of work under extreme conditions. The most enjoyable part was being able to make friends with other employees. Conditions and politics are getting worse and worse.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, hours of your own time expected
coles
student (Former Employee) –  brisbane17 October 2015
i did stacking selves loved every bit. leant where the boxes went and their polices and procedures. nothing was hard i loved working three but didn't get a job after.
Productive Team which is great to work with.
Coles Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD6 August 2015
A typical day at Coles Springfield would include, doing the dishes, slicing meat, organizing rosters, doing mark downs, serving customers, receiving and putting away the load, cooking chicken, sampling of products, cutting fruit and pushing trolley's.

I learnt that team work is very important within a company to ensure all goals are met by the end of the day. When people don't pull their weight it puts much stress on the people who work hard. I learnt how to do the rosters, mark downs and counts. I learnt about all their policy's and procedures.

The management within in our store is pretty great as well as the co-workers,

In all honesty, I don't find any part of the job hard.

The most enjoyable part of working with Coles is interacting with new team member and customers.
I in joy working for coles
store cleaner and fruit and veg packer (Former Employee) –  brisbane Queensland23 July 2015
the job I did at coles was all ways a learning experience for me I was learning some think new every day managers were all ways nice and staff were all ways kind helping customers and the fact that I was doing some think to help me get out of the house every day made me happy. there was nothing hard about my job. I stop working for a long time I fell sick. and fell pregnant in 2003 and 2005 before this happened I worked with coles for 10 years I am 41 and ready to work again. kids are 9 and 11 years old.
Cons
9am to 5pm
Productive busy workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane22 July 2015
Working in the deli involved customer service and cleaning. Through Coles I learnt how to work as a team member and work efficiently to achieve goals. Working with other team members makes for a fun and enjoyable environment.
Productive work place.
Customer service - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD17 July 2015
Typical day at work, is standing at the checkouts all day. Greeting customers and packing bags. Hardest part of the job is having to stand all day and getting back pains and sore feet.
good workplace for anyone
Deli (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Corinda14 July 2015
Day at work was non-stop working :) always on the move, serving customers, packing boxes of fish mainly.

I learned what it's like to work hard. It surely is hard work, and also learnt how to prepare deli items.Greet and serve customers with a courteous and friendly attitude.Unload deli products and transfer stock to storage areas.Uphold shelves and maintained cases filled at all times.Maintain and adhere to health and safety standards at all times.

The hardest part of the job was the non-stop moving haha :)
Pros
we were provided with free lunches
All work and no play
Console Operator /Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Queensland21 April 2015
I would not go back to this company they dont treat you very well.
that is all i would like to say about this company.

Everyone i worked with (co workers) were great everyone got along with each other.

I learnt management skills in everyday experiences.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
Disrecpectfull

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.