Coles Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Found 80 reviews matching the search See all 2,435 reviews
Long hours but rewarding.
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 May 2019
These where my first jobs i ever had and i will always remember them. Cole's taught me everything in regards to running a supermarket efficiently, good training and a great group of people i meet in my life. Some are still my friends to this day.Being an effective manager, responding to the challenges that occurred each day and generally good training that set me up and helping me in my representative days ahead. Could be long hours but it was worth it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Like working as a slave
Dry Goods (Grocery) Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 April 2019
As a manager far too much expected. Hours worked never reflect pay. Store leaders are good but from regional manager upwards, there is no care for people. Oh they "talk the talk" but the reality is far from the rhetoric
Pros
Job sesurity I guess
Cons
Everything else
Nightfill Associate (Current Employee) –  Perth WA23 February 2019
I work with a great bunch of people so makes the night go faster.
I wouldn't say its a hard job, just a little pressure when its a big load & you are required to fill in the allocated times given.
cashier
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 November 2018
this company always seems to change the goal posts. very clicky staff and they do what they want in store! if your face fits in then you are ok but if not they over look you at every opportunity.
Flexible
Cleaner, Vehicle Operator and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Perth WA5 November 2018
The benefits of working for Coles supermarkets is the flexibility in both hours and location. There are so many options for stores to work at and roles to perform.
Customer Service
Coles Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 October 2018
Coles is a diverse industry to work in, very friendly staff. You get to learn a variety of skills such as customer Service, Money Handling, Cleaning, Stock Taking stc.
Pros
Lovely Staff
Cons
Small Hour Shifts
Not a good place anymore
Dairy grocery manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA30 August 2018
Was a good place to work but now completely changed culture is bad u are rewarded for poor work performance full of left wing loonies and snowflakes hmm
a well organised company
BELMONT CITY COLLEGE WORKPLACEMENT (Former Employee) –  Perth WA24 July 2018
I mostly stocked shelves, help customers, store tidy up and carboard recycling.
managers are well organized and prioritized along with its employees and the way they represent there store is top notch.
Cons
prices seem a bit up and down but fair
Good place to work if you are friendly and work hard.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 June 2018
Been working in every department. Managers are generally friendly and helpful. Promotion is hard. Can be very repetitive and dry. Very good pay if you are a student looking for some side work.
Pros
Good pay as a casual job.
Cons
repetitive, hard to get a promotion
Actually wasn’t bad at all
Deli Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perth WA2 June 2018
I worked in the deli department, and it was quite enjoyable, I wasn’t a fan of the boss, but that just comes with work. The people I worked with were friendly, the customers usually lovely.
Pros
Not much pressure, no cash handling, easy going
Cons
Having to wear a hair net!!
It was okay but not that great
Stock hand (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 February 2018
Everyone seemed to be constantly unfocused too much staff was put on at once everyone often had no clue that they were doing due to lack of instructions
Cons
Short lunch breaks
pretty good
Cashier/ fresh produce (Current Employee) –  Perth WA26 November 2017
some management at my store is pretty useless but nod and smile keep them happy. you will eventually get the freedom you want depending your department but overall pretty solid company to work for
Pros
freedom
Cons
dealing with useless management
Great Fun
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 November 2017
Work experience at coles was very enjoyable as the staff was very welcoming and caring, It is fun to be able to interact with the many people who come into coles and assist them with their needs and wants. I believe it is a very enjoyable job which i recommend to give a try.
Pros
exellent staff
Reliable work, some benafits
Produce Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 October 2017
Manigment is hit and miss, very dependent on the person running the store as to the quality of the workplace. Every store is different. Advancement possibility if desired
Lack of effective management
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 October 2017
People are very depressed in coles. And very negative. Thats why they take everything out of context. I would never recommend anyone to work for them
Pros
Free snacks in lunch room oh and free coffee
Cons
They expect you to Work over time for free. Unrealistic expectations.
Do your time, take the money and experiences with you, but don't overstay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 September 2017
I worked long shifts because I needed to repay a debt, (you are not given any relief from being on a busy register if you can cope) The management is always changing and not always for the better, especially if they transfer their "Key players" from other stores. Our store was to undergo refurbishment so the air-conditioning NEVER worked in Summer. A new team member undergoing training, actually passed out from the heat.
Pros
no charge on parking
Cons
standing all day, doing a repetitive job, no alternative tasks
Good pay and good opportunities
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 August 2017
Great pay and good people, very fun, lots of shifts. You get to work all around the store and there is a nice team member room out the back where you sometimes get to eat left over bakery food which is yum.
A good team environment
Bakery and Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 July 2017
I advanced quite quickly within the company early on. I was able to use my rapidly expanding management and customer service skills on a daily basis. No two days were ever the same which I enjoyed.
Pros
Never two days the same.
Cons
great team members stressful managers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 July 2017
a typically work day was quite busy specially on weekends and afternoons. i learnt a range of skills from teamwork and be able to work alone. managment was alright. work culture around the place was friendly and very welcoming to everyone. hardest part about the job was the lack hours that i had and the respect from senior staff towards me as person. the most enjoyable was be able to make friends and working a teamwork enviroment.
Pros
great team and people
Cons
lack of hours
Nice work environment and team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 July 2017
Normally, I do evening shifts from 15-23 Tuesday to Saturday. And its quite busy at those times because everyone stops on their way home. I usaully work on my own and I like working independently. I have learned a lot from this job. I have learned things like Time management, Customer relations, Supply chain, Managing stock levels and a lot more. I really like the management particularly at my site and the team at my store is really very friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.