Coles Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Found 81 reviews matching the search See all 2,459 reviews
pay was great
Customer service (Former Employee) –  perth alexander hieghts, north perth and morley16 August 2016
serving customer alcohol to fit their needs. Loved unloading tonne paletts quicker than the boys.

working as a team was always varying depending on the people and their work ethic which I would put down as my hardest part of the job, dealing with employers who didn't really want to be there.
Pros
meeting such varying people
Cons
heavy lifting
Decent place to work
Night Fill (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 June 2016
I worked Night Fill.
The work times are alright but depending on the management you may have to stay back unpaid, which I'm fairy sure is against the law in one way or another :~)

Co-workers are great, you may get the odd black sheep but otherwise they are easy to get along with.

From what I've seen, if anyone is in a management position or a position of power they are usually an unreasonable flaming spastic without fail.

The hardest part of the job would be any deadlines that they expect, usually unreasonable deadlines.

The most enjoyable part would be the time for me, night fill works great in my schedule.
Pros
Good shift times, Fun co-workers
Cons
Garbage management, Unreasonable expectations
steady, good environment
shelf stacker and fresh produce member (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 April 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Coles. They have a huge fridge to assort products, which is good on a hot day. friendly team members. enjoyable work.
great place to work at
Deli crew person, Deli assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 March 2016
worked in all areas of the supermarket checkout,deli manager,meatroom,fruit and veg,customer service desk only left that employer as i was starting a family
Pros
awesome people
Cons
good hours
great work place
Fresh Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA17 January 2016
wanting to further my career in the retail sector Coles in a great company to work for the pay isn't the best compared to other supermarkets giants.
Good company to work for
Deli Department - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 January 2016
Learnt a lot in the little time I was with this company. Good company to work for. Good crew. Most management pretty good!
Very stressful working conditions
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA10 December 2015
They over hired staff during the christmas period and some got alienated by the lack of work after that. Filling speed was everything and work hours declined slowly over time especially around the end of financial year period. Working overtime past 12 midnight without getting paid is a normal phenomenon at Maddington. Also, conversations with fellow team members is prohibited every day.
Pros
Abundance of work hours during Christmas
Cons
Working over time without pay almost every day
Productive and managers that are easy to work with
Grocery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA10 December 2015
Working at Coles Thornlie, even though with the reputation of the suburb, has been a great experience as the team members are friendly and the manager is not distant with his staff.
Non productive and lack of support in succession pool. Job appreciation or Job placement and success to high pay increments.
CUSTOMER SERVICE, RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA8 November 2015
I worked with Coles Group for three (3) years. First on part time then on full time. During this time I was only given one summer of opportunity for pay advancement and enhancement to work additional flexible hours. I worked at the Coles Group and wasn't given any training opportunities for Retails Sales or Sales Representation. It was all on the job training. I was never promoted from 20 hours after this three years to say perhaps 30 hours with a bit of overtime here or there. I felt like I was treated unfairly during this time of employment. I was a loyal worker and never missed one day for sick leave. Worked through all the holiday periods and always offered help, support and assistance with new trainees.

When I sought out guidance from my Team Leader throughout these three years. I was told that they we're only offering casual and part time positions. Many employees came in after me and sustained more hours.

My time at Coles Group was not a happy one. I'm so glad I left them.
Pros
Free lunches, staff discounts at Coles Stores
Cons
No success in salary enhancement
Deli Department Coles, Perth. WA
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coles Perth WA8 June 2015
A very hard company to work for you were required to have the whole department cleaned by 1/2 an hour after the store was closed if it wasn't you had to stay and do it in your own time. You had to serve the customers wash the dishes clean the oven and racks pack up all the display cabinets plus once a week you had to strip one section out right down into the motor clean everything in that section serve the customers and do all the rest of the jobs and be finished in 1/2 of the store closing. The most enjoyable part was meeting some lovely customers who I also served at Caltex. The hardest part was trying to get the work done without having a accident. What I learnt about the managers was that they didn't want to help you get this work done but expected us to give the customers what they wanted for example the slicer had to be cleaned by me as well but we were told if they want some meat sliced we had to do it and get the slicer re-cleaned but still in that 1/2 closing time frame
Pleasant atmosphere to work in
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA30 April 2015
Job security was nice and opportunity to advance myself as I have done. I enjoyed the attitude Coles supermarket has towards its customers and its staff. The hardest part of the job was made easy for me because I knew what to do and could rely on my supervisor to support me and the store manager was supportive as well if the problem could not be resolved by me or my supervisor. Knowing that as long as I did my job well I could rely on the management was nice and being told by customers how they are happy with the service I gave them was very enjoyable. I would enjoy working for Coles again and hope I can get a position again with them, now that I am going back to Perth to live Permanently.
Pros
Etra shifts
love the place
Retail (Current Employee) –  perth raine square11 March 2015
typical day was get the job done with a smile, I learned so much with being with coles, co workers were the best never can find another team elsewhere. hardest part of the job would be working in the freezer section. enjoyed everything about my job but mainly meeting and greeting customers.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
freezer section
Friendly productive workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA25 February 2015
Customer Service, tidying, cleaning, stocking shelves.
A broad range of jobs including stock take, grocery. fruit and vegetables.
Management were very friendly and helpful.
Lovely people
At times in the day it would be very overwhelmingly busy.
All day.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Busy spells
Very productive friendly workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA25 February 2015
Customer service, working on promotion displays, general cleaning, car wash cleaning, filling carwash chemicals, cleaning fuel pumps.
How to interact and work with a diverse range of people.
Manager was very lovely, although I had a bit of trouble with the night manager.
Very friendly, lovely diverse range of people.
Working night shift.
All of the job was enjoyable except when taking on too many shifts.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Night shift
great people decent wages just poorly managed in certain stores
deli (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA15 February 2015
Arrive prepared and job ready with plenty of time before shift start
Converser with co-workers seee whats happening in store
Approach my Dept manager and see what has happened thoughout day depending on time start
Complete tasks required and serve as many customers as possible
Boost Deli dept sales as much as possible
reduce waste of stock
the hardest part of job was knowing and being aware of certaain individuals stealing and having to approach them
most enjoyable part of day iss knowing Ive worked hard and achieved my set tasks and goals with the best of my ability and can leave my shift having feeling ofr satidfacgtion and pride in self for job well done
Pros
coles discount
Cons
work every major holiday every long weekend and various start times
Fast paced and productive
SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA9 February 2015
Working in a fast paced environment allowed me to put my customer service skills to the test and let me grow as an individual. I also got to experience an managerial roles and increase my skills and abilities in that area.
Rewarding and enjoyable experience
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA25 January 2015
Each day is a challenging and rewarding experience working in customer service. Every shift I learn new communication skills, interesting things about the world around me (events, news etc.), other cultures, and the correct working attitude to help solve issues and deal with problems. I work in a very healthy, calm and positive environment, since I work among a variety of ages, I gain experience through all different perspectives. The hardest part of working in customer service is keeping self-confidence when dealing with unsatisfied or rude customers, and learning new ways to approach or deal with situations on the spot, in order to find a balanced solution. The most enjoyable part of this job is being allowed the experience to meet new people and develop my communication skills to benefit any future employment and life.
Great job with attractive benefit and package
Team member (Current Employee) –  Perth, Australia16 January 2015
Providing customer service, handling complaints and supporting other team members during working hours. Work in shift and alternative weekends.
bakery assistance
Bakery assistance and customer service (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA17 December 2014
its was really good job butmanagement keep changing managers which i did not like it because each of them working differently.
Pros
free break fast
Cons
short shifts
i would rather not comment
Customers Service (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA15 December 2014
I was busy when I got to work until I finish and it was along day I am a hard worker that's reliable at all times and their isn't many sick days that I had off unless it was need if I was real sick ,but as I said I went in like clock work you could ask for a better employee than me

And when customers could find things within the supermarket I would help that person that's the customers in question so they could find what they where looking for the item in general

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.