Coles Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative in Perth WA

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 2,455 reviews
cashier
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 November 2018
this company always seems to change the goal posts. very clicky staff and they do what they want in store! if your face fits in then you are ok but if not they over look you at every opportunity.
Customer Service
Coles Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 October 2018
Coles is a diverse industry to work in, very friendly staff. You get to learn a variety of skills such as customer Service, Money Handling, Cleaning, Stock Taking stc.
Pros
Lovely Staff
Cons
Small Hour Shifts
Do your time, take the money and experiences with you, but don't overstay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 September 2017
I worked long shifts because I needed to repay a debt, (you are not given any relief from being on a busy register if you can cope) The management is always changing and not always for the better, especially if they transfer their "Key players" from other stores. Our store was to undergo refurbishment so the air-conditioning NEVER worked in Summer. A new team member undergoing training, actually passed out from the heat.
Pros
no charge on parking
Cons
standing all day, doing a repetitive job, no alternative tasks
great team members stressful managers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 July 2017
a typically work day was quite busy specially on weekends and afternoons. i learnt a range of skills from teamwork and be able to work alone. managment was alright. work culture around the place was friendly and very welcoming to everyone. hardest part about the job was the lack hours that i had and the respect from senior staff towards me as person. the most enjoyable was be able to make friends and working a teamwork enviroment.
Pros
great team and people
Cons
lack of hours
Nice work environment and team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA3 July 2017
Normally, I do evening shifts from 15-23 Tuesday to Saturday. And its quite busy at those times because everyone stops on their way home. I usaully work on my own and I like working independently. I have learned a lot from this job. I have learned things like Time management, Customer relations, Supply chain, Managing stock levels and a lot more. I really like the management particularly at my site and the team at my store is really very friendly.
Flexible workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 March 2017
A typical day at work involved an eye for details and safety.
Learned highly emphasized aspects of fuel station as safety.
Store manager is highly involved in store operations which makes us feel like a supportive team.
Excellent after hour managerial support is provided by the Area Managers.
Hardest part of the job was to completely prevent fuel stealing.
The most enjoyable part was to meet people from all walks of life
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hard work with short breaks
pay was great
Customer service (Former Employee) –  perth alexander hieghts, north perth and morley16 August 2016
serving customer alcohol to fit their needs. Loved unloading tonne paletts quicker than the boys.

working as a team was always varying depending on the people and their work ethic which I would put down as my hardest part of the job, dealing with employers who didn't really want to be there.
Pros
meeting such varying people
Cons
heavy lifting
Very productive friendly workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA25 February 2015
Customer service, working on promotion displays, general cleaning, car wash cleaning, filling carwash chemicals, cleaning fuel pumps.
How to interact and work with a diverse range of people.
Manager was very lovely, although I had a bit of trouble with the night manager.
Very friendly, lovely diverse range of people.
Working night shift.
All of the job was enjoyable except when taking on too many shifts.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Night shift
Rewarding and enjoyable experience
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA25 January 2015
Each day is a challenging and rewarding experience working in customer service. Every shift I learn new communication skills, interesting things about the world around me (events, news etc.), other cultures, and the correct working attitude to help solve issues and deal with problems. I work in a very healthy, calm and positive environment, since I work among a variety of ages, I gain experience through all different perspectives. The hardest part of working in customer service is keeping self-confidence when dealing with unsatisfied or rude customers, and learning new ways to approach or deal with situations on the spot, in order to find a balanced solution. The most enjoyable part of this job is being allowed the experience to meet new people and develop my communication skills to benefit any future employment and life.
i would rather not comment
Customers Service (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA15 December 2014
I was busy when I got to work until I finish and it was along day I am a hard worker that's reliable at all times and their isn't many sick days that I had off unless it was need if I was real sick ,but as I said I went in like clock work you could ask for a better employee than me

And when customers could find things within the supermarket I would help that person that's the customers in question so they could find what they where looking for the item in general
fun to work with team members
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA13 November 2014
I am working with coles for my necessities but my aim is to work in IT company. This workplace is nice and adorable but my passion is IT. Coles is international retail company and working environment is excellent. It's good way to improve communication skill by talking with customers.
Pros
Paid lunch brack
Cons
I cann't find any disadvantages
Secure and flexible workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA31 January 2014
A typical day at work usually includes going into work and immediately go on check-out, serve customers, help out customers in store or serve in cigarette kiosk. On a non-typical day though, I assist with management, refunds and exchanges. This continues throughout the day until closing time, where I clean, handle money, put away loose stock and do little odds and ends to close the store. The main thing that I learnt from this workplace is how to talk to customers, this gave me the courage to talk freely to anyone instead of being shy. My co-workers are friendly and hard working, although one of my reasons for leaving my particular store, is poor management. They are a lovely person but has troubles managing the store. The hardest part of this job is dealing with difficult customers, the ones that make you feel like crying and question your training in your job, even though you are doing your best. The most enjoyable part of this career is meeting new people - customers and employees and learning more things, like management and customer service for my future.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Dairy assistance and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA19 October 2013
Filling shelves and helping customers finding the product they need/looking for.
Coles is a successful company to work for and is a great environment to be in.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Perth, Western Australia (Armadale)10 February 2013
A typical day at Coles is a vibrant, busy store. It is a lovely work environment and it is always a pleasure to be around friendly team members. I have learned how to become a great customer service assistant and how to deal with the public in general. The management at Coles is quite good, they are well organized, they listen and show general interest in there employees. My co-workers at Coles are hard working, friendly and work great in a team. The hardest part of the job is probably standing on your feet for long periods of time and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people every day and interacting with my customers.
Awesome experiance gained.
Customer Service 2ic (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA4 February 2013
I would normally start my day counting the float checking the roasters and setting up all 15 customer service bays, I would also check the drinks and Tabacco counters. I learnt alot about Customer Serivce Management. I beileved I worked well in my enviorment, I made sure I ran the customer service counter as efficently as possible, Sometimes I would get task that were a struggle and had to ask questions to make sure I was doing it correctly the first time, I enjoyed watching customers and staff leave with a smile.
Pros
the pay was good as was my hours, also was close to home.
Cons
had some staff memebers that were a pain, but never let that get in the way, as it will always happen.