Coles Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 105 reviews matching the search See all 2,415 reviews
Modern work environment, flexible, easy to adapt.
Retail sales workers (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 March 2019
My experience at Coles was fairly good. A typical day consistent of, upon arriving at work, partaking in various jobs and socializing on the go. The workplace culture was great, modern, simple and flexible. The management, in my experience, was good, jobs were being done and visible progress could be seen. The best part of the Job was helping customers find a specific aisle. while the worst part was learning the layout of the store.
Pros
Reasonable breaks
Professional and helpful
Trainee Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pialba QLD25 February 2019
Coles staff were always friendly and helpful to both customers and other staff members. They take their time with the customers and try to make sure everyone is happy. They also take their time to teach new staff members things that are required in store.
Pros
Helpful, friendly, professional
Cons
N/a
Waikiki
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waikiki WA26 January 2019
Never walk for waikiki the store manager she's so evil heartless one of the staff was working and she didn't even care to check if she was ok and with team she's too harsh on them. Worse place to work there with her.
Good pay
Coles Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tarneit VIC13 January 2019
Coles is a good part-time job to have whilst concurrently studying at either school or tertiary level. I have been at Coles for 3 years and i have been trained in multiple departments and receive generous, flexible hours that work with my studying and social life.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Can be expected to do a lot of hours
Decent work and good pay
Store Team Member - Coles Services, Labrador (Current Employee) –  Labrador QLD25 November 2018
the company is good and look after their employees well. The company culture seems okay but could be better by involving employees on some team events.
Productive and diverse company
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC20 November 2018
I was learnt and gained a lot of experiences about how to engage with the customers and the shoppers that came to visit, and I learnt to try and give them the best experience. It helped with my overall communication skills.
Pros
Lunch times
dissappointing
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  QLD10 November 2018
typical day at work absolutely exhausted after a shift of 3 hours. .I have been with this company for over 10 years now and as a casual employee pretty much gave up my life for them went in when i was called in, every time the phone went i dropped everything for them. NOW you are nothing.As a casual worker i got 3 hours last week 3 hours this week and they call this as being employed by Coles what a joke they introduced a break now with 4 hour shifts, now shifts are 3-5 hours. So disappointed with this company how are you supposed to pay weekly bills it;s impossible. For long term employees who loved to get out of bed to go to work me included have trouble holding a conversation with anyone there without complaining about pretty much everything. For the most loyal employees working for the most disloyal company, It;s just so disappointing, like one person said stop building new stores and look after the ones you already have.
Pros
Good staff to work with
Cons
No hours- no communication - no staff
productive work place
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Faulconbridge NSW22 August 2018
Coles Express is an extremely structured work environment , it was a pleasant environment to work in , the management was reasonable there was some flexibility with shifts.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chittaway Point NSW21 August 2018
Could do with a few more opportunities. Great team to work with. Good life work balance. Easy to communicate with. Great to work across different departments
Pros
Great team
A great team to be apart as employees are always friendly and open minded to new ideas.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 August 2018
This role enabled me to further develop my teamwork, technology, critical and creative thinking skills. Through my encounter with customers of various ethnicities and ages, I obtained excellent attentive listening and interpersonal communication skills. My duties included providing professional customer service, ensuring that shelves are stocked properly and that all items and shelves are dusted and cleaned regularly.
Pros
Discounts
Learnt good skills
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wodonga Plaza VIC8 May 2018
Coles was my first job.I started out on registers handling cash and customer service.After a while I moved to the variety department where I did the stock ordering,price changes,invoicing,replenishing of stock and other jobs as needed.Management and staff were excellent
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Good place to work just not enough opportunities for those who WANT to work on a full time basis
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Picton NSW6 May 2018
Have worked for Coles for over 30 years,am now only working 20hours per week and have wanted to return to full time hours but always to no avail.
Constantly being told not enough budget!!!
Customers are great,team members very easy to work with
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough hours
Not enough hours
STORE ASSISTANT/RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Zetland NSW26 April 2018
Not enough hours , looking for more hours and long term, under employment is a issue I have . The job was ok but hours no , not enough , requests for more hours was refused.
Pros
free lunch, good lunch room
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyed working with this company while careing for outside responsibilities family ect
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  NT. VIC. WA. NSW.18 March 2018
Looking into unfair dismisal at moment. as i have a injured wrist and havnt been able to work for 11 months bit disapointed as i was just coming up for 20 yrs long service with them. and the last 5 yrs i have had to juggle careing for my parent and trying to keep my foot in work force in case my parent died. and coles have been saportive during this time. although they would have given me permanent part time work i had to keep my work balanced with the emotional stress of fullfilling my careing roll for my parent with i get carers pension .
Pros
casual good pay
Cons
Midnight finish not good
A Good Start
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wonthaggi VIC 39956 March 2018
Overall, working for Coles is an enjoyable experience (the work) however, sometimes the customers can become a little hard to deal with. It's a good place to start out in the work force, as it can provide lessons on most retail experiences, e.g. food handling, stock replenishment and customer service.
Pros
Lots of variety
Cons
Some customers are hard to deal with
It's a good place to start
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD3 March 2018
While I was working at Coles, no day was the same. Every day was exciting and different.

I learnt how to provide good customer service, manage the cash register and how to restock a shelf.

Management were a great bunch of people to work and understanding when I needed help with something.

The enjoyable part of my job was that I met different people every day.
Pros
Working with different people every shift
Cons
Not enough hours for a shift
Productive, fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Echuca VIC26 February 2018
Coles is a fun, friendly environment. I learnt a lot about retail and how the workplace works. The hard part of the job were the long days but the co workers made it fun and bearable. The best part was learning, being challenged and making friends.
everyone was happy and nice
retail store (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW14 February 2018
I worked for only a week but as I could see the work conditions where pretty good and the workers seemed nice and happy about their jobs. all in all I enjoyed the work there and would happily work there again.
Good for students or aspiring retail workers
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia13 February 2018
Work is constant and challenging at times but among working with like minded colleagues creates a good atmosphere.

Good for those wishing to get through college and helps with keeping your head above water.
good work culture
Retail Sales - Casual (Current Employee) –  Beecroft NSW17 January 2018
great team work. meeting new people, retails sales in wine also keeping store clean and receiving stock and packing away stock. Vintage offer on the job wine knowledge
Pros
Felix hours
Cons
short shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.