Coles Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 387 reviews matching the search See all 2,443 reviews
Time goes fast but is repetitive
CSR (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 June 2019
Depending on what site you work in can make a huge difference. If you work in a slow site, you probably won't get many hours, but if you are at a busy site you will get more hours but are serving 400+ people a day. Can be stressful when working alone and something goes wrong.
Pros
Decent pay rates and penalties
Cons
repetitive, can be stressful, not realy much advancement oppurtunites
Productive and fun work place with customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney,NSW13 June 2019
Good working environment with nice team managements with good roaster and salary.Learn to deal with a various types of customers.Sometimes too busy to handle;with the support from team ,made it easier to handle the sitaution and customer in a rush hours.
Love it
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Katoomba NSW29 May 2019
I love everything about my job except the fact that as a salary team member I am expected to to extremely long days and not get paid any over time. I have had to prioritise my job over everything else in my life as i no longer have any time for anything else.
Awesome!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornlie WA27 May 2019
Awesome place to work in and so friendly workers. It allows you to learn more skills that you never learned before, also It good for you if you are interested on putting up stock onto a shelf or other thing

Coles is a great place to work with you get more extra help hands by people around you & you can help your customer to find what they need.
Pros
Half Hours Breaks
Cons
Long Lunch Break
terrible management plus unsafe environment
Checkout Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berkeley NSW18 May 2019
I've been threatened and abused. the pay is terrible no shifts due to them trying to save money and management is the worst. they couldn't even manage to get there heads out of their behinds.
Pros
free food & coffee during breaks
Cons
short shifts, underpaid, bad management, lack of security
Avoid Coles
Filler (Former Employee) –  Victoria15 May 2019
Terrible place to work in. The maximum hours one will get is 15 hours a week. They don`t care about their staff and there is no career progression. Young people are exploited for cheap labour and older workers get less shifts because they cost more. Coles is also rampant with nepotism. If you are a mate of the boss you get looked after, even if they are no good at their job. SDA union was useless and does nothing to help struggling workers in poverty. Avoid like the plague!!!
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours.
fine management, bad work style
Service attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 May 2019
I had a good team of employees around me as a casual worker, although on service the work was quite bad, dealing with harsh customers and repetitive work.
Pros
good money
Cons
short hours
not a bad place to work if you don't mind short hours and low pay
service, packer, fresh food and stock take (Current Employee) –  Forrestfield WA8 May 2019
packing shelf's, working checkout, self serve and moving drinks and other food items
Learned how to use checkout, how to stock and where to find them fast quick and easy, kept me up to date with my math and my personal skills
Pros
discounts
Cons
low hours, not enough pay, management of staff hours
I do love working there but there are more cons then others
Online Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Central Coast NSW8 May 2019
I love my job as a personal shopper but the other departments hate us which is very hard for us, they also cut my hours way to much but the pay rate is really good
The discount we get is stupid haha,
I love the girls I work with In my team
But higher up don’t understand how much we work and how hard online is if your not up for fast paced on your feet constantly for 4 hours straight even more sometimes look for different department cause it’s a lot of heavy lifting and on your feet kinda job.
And now I’m 21 I get less shifts cause I cost to much now which sucks ahha
Pros
The pay is good I love my girls in my team very flexible place. to work.
Cons
Other departments don’t like online don’t get as many hours as I’d like
Great place to start in the workforce
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beaudesert QLD27 April 2019
Not a bad place to work, decent pay rates and great opportunities for career progression. Not a bad place to have your first job or a long term career.
Good experice, long hours
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 April 2019
Working for coles specifically in customer service was a great learning experience t. The staff was for the most part warm and welcoming, i did find that at some points in time my hours were quite rediculous and left me with little to no time for myself. But appart from that its great for a first time job and to get some experience.
Pros
Experience, good first time job
Cons
long hours and blackout periods
i did not like working there
Bakery Manager Coles Kirrawee (Current Employee) –  Kirrawee NSW18 April 2019
not i nice place to work if you new a manager
they expect you to work long hours without been paid
some co worker are very nice
management very poor
no work life balance
Horrible bosses with no regard for anyone but remember
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD9 April 2019
They are Hypocritical
The casual wage is amazing.
The hours weren't at all family friendly, unless you're a boss.
They don't like to put casuals on during the week.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
No breaks at all
Free overtime culture
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia7 April 2019
Coles offers a reliable job, with moment of flexibility. However, it has created a culture of lower level managers (non-salary) who are pressured into and expected to work many hours of overtime for free. This is not unique to individual stores, but a trait I have seen through several stores, and from all account is a company-wide blemish. Workplace culture is generally negative, with low morale. This culminates in the majority of employees only staying there because "It is easy/safe/comfortable", rather than working for the company on its own merits.
Pros
reliable
Cons
Toxic workplace culture
Like working as a slave
Dry Goods (Grocery) Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth WA4 April 2019
As a manager far too much expected. Hours worked never reflect pay. Store leaders are good but from regional manager upwards, there is no care for people. Oh they "talk the talk" but the reality is far from the rhetoric
Pros
Job sesurity I guess
Cons
Everything else
Good working environment
Night Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Noble Park VIC2 April 2019
Good working environment, plenty of room for flexibility for working hours and have good benefits. Can get physically frustrating at times but apart from that, good place to work.
Not great
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenacres SA31 March 2019
If you are a teenager looking to get a job for after school pocket money, but then feel pressured to stay with the promise of moving up into a supervisor/management role, then look no further.
Pros
Varied work hours
Cons
Doesn't deliver on promises
Damaged corporate Culture
Department Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 March 2019
The corporate culture is bad. The profit of the business is more important than paying employees for work they have done. In the small store I have worked in, there have been 3-5 employees a week getting underpaid.
Just your average first job
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Ellenbrook WA27 March 2019
Didn't really have a bad experience here. Was my first job so wasn't expecting too much out of it. Co-workers were all great, most of the management were cool and the pay, for a 14 year old wasn't bad.
Pros
Discount
Efficient and productive work culture
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC19 March 2019
Coles is a big company, they have many employees, when working there, the management team was great and they help you with many things. Such as: Customer service, facing, stocking, organizing, being proactive (cleaning things when needed).

It can be tiring, but its a overall great experience and fun work place to be in. It has great benefits such as discount of purchase of groceries.
Pros
Discounts