Coles Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 363 reviews matching the search See all 2,345 reviews
my 1st job in aus
Team member (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT14 February 2019
i was worked coles
The atmosphere depends on the manager of the store but you can make a good atmosphere by good cooperation with the manager of each department. The best thing is the continuous income.
Fact paced workplace with over expecting management
Nightfiller (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD2 February 2019
Working as nightfill for two years in Toowoomba for coles. The management was bad but colleagues were the best. Management Lacks communication to staff members especially nightfill. No appreciation for hard work. Managers Can be rude and very demanding, doesn’t matter if it’s the best you are giving. Almost always understaffed but nonetheless they imply as if there is always enough staff to do the job. But it’s all corporate manipulation to get more done in less time and with less staff to save more money so the managers can get the credit for saving money. Casuals aren’t given enough hours ever unless you go to manager every week and almost beg for more hours to pay the bills. Not a fair workplace as they make it look like. Really stressful. Only suited to those who can work really fast and put up with managers acting like CEOs.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Lack of communication and enough hours. No appreciation or feedback.
Quiet and peaceful
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  South Hedland WA31 January 2019
Coles nightfill was a good quiet job with added benefits they are very towards employees and customers when dealing in retail I would work for them in the future
Great job for people studying
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Kippa-Ring QLD29 January 2019
Coles accommodates its staff well and gives them long enough breaks. Good part time job for nights or weekends if you are studying. Can be hard with difficult customers, if worked in retail before than that wont be new to you.
High expectations
Night Filler (Current Employee) –  Capalaba QLD22 January 2019
Coes as a brand name are ok to work for but in regards to night fill, it is very strenuous work. Hours have been reduced to minimise cost but work load has not reduced.
fun workplace, always meeting new people
Department Manager, Fresh produce (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW21 January 2019
nice place to work.
It has some great benefits
Always on the go.
every day has challenges
always trying to get the best out of you.
learnt how to keep my order within sales expectations
also learnt how to keep my waste low.
Pros
free light meals.
Salary was ok
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA20 January 2019
The workers were lovely and made lots of friends there. However the managers weren't the kindest. The pay was good for my age whilst working there and is a good starting job
Productive and fun workplace
Coles Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD14 January 2019
Typical behaviours I have learnt are there are many people who have took time in finding jobs like this, all the acceptable manner going towards customers are well organised and all. The team work that is happening I'd say is actually great having to see many smiles on peoples faces.
Pros
Free lunches
Good pay
Coles Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tarneit VIC13 January 2019
Coles is a good part-time job to have whilst concurrently studying at either school or tertiary level. I have been at Coles for 3 years and i have been trained in multiple departments and receive generous, flexible hours that work with my studying and social life.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Can be expected to do a lot of hours
Impersonal work environment
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 January 2019
Typically people clocked in and out without interaction, which is fine. Management felt unorganised with poor communication. Shifts would be announced at a late notice.
During work, efforts were not rewarded as more capable and efficient workers did not see any benefits to less productive workers. This created a culture where workers would find shortcuts and hope others come and fix their mistakes.
Fun workplace
Duty Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 December 2018
- Great team members and managers.
- Flexible hours and rosters.
- Paid annual leave and sick leave.
- Perks from work for shopping and petrol.
- Discounted movie tickets for team members.
fun because i get to know other people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Keysborough VIC16 December 2018
the hardest thing of this job is that i get a lot of hour there and get less paid .
the most enjoyable time is during a lunch break where i get to rest and relax just for 30minutes .
Pros
free food
Cons
paid less
really good place to work
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW16 December 2018
the only thing I didn’t like was being a casual worker I would have to call work everyday to see if I was working, but other then that it was a really good place to work with great management and staff the hours were a bit long
Pros
discounts
Coles
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC 355013 December 2018
Resonable place to work. Can be hard as a mum as cancelling shifts from time to time often means you dont get much work. Pay rate is good for this type of work, and store discount is a bonus.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Family friendly
Team was great but oppurtunites weren't for me and job hours offered was minimal
Nightfill & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 December 2018
While working at coles I was offered a few different opportunities which I felt was a good experience. The team was great and easy to get along with but throughout my time there I was given minimal hours and offered hours I said I was unavailable for.
Pros
Good team, Learning experience
Cons
Lack of Hours
good fast paced environment
Customer service cashier, dairy load (Current Employee) –  Waurn Ponds VIC8 December 2018
everyone is friendly and we all get along, get our jobs done on time, and it is a good work load, it is only short hours and we start at 6am finish at 9am but it is enough, and it is a good way to wake up.
Pros
good team
Cons
not enough hours
Good working atmosphere, loved it there
Team Member/Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD6 December 2018
- Typically received shifts between 4 to 6 hours
- The deli was very full on, but manageable
- coworkers were friendly and understanding
- pay was good; as a 17 yr old I was earning just over $16 an hour on week days
- costumers were generally friendly
Pros
good pay, good atmosphere
Cons
the deli is very busy
Stressful and Disappointing
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensland6 December 2018
Coles does not practice their ethics of looking after their team. Management is only worried about getting more money in their pocket and cut staff hours but increase work load and expect it to be done under realistic times. No empathy or understanding that someone cannot live on 13 hours a week. Prices are down down but so is staff priority.
Cons
Unreliable hours
Night Fill
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Erskine WA28 November 2018
Loved working night fill, great people and easy hours. Independent work which i love and the rosters are stable. The salary is okay, award rate but allows for extra hours when they have them to offer.
repetitive team work, not rewarding
Coles team member (Current Employee) –  Kingscliff NSW24 November 2018
very repetitive is good if your with good people, and is hard work and dosnt require many skillls or include many advancements within the career, positives include the ability to finish work and not have to stress about it, reasonable money for the effort

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.