Coles Pay & Benefits reviews

Worked hard & the pay was great
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Smeaton15 September 2018
Not the cleanest place to work. Picking of dry goods in a shed as big as 3 football ovals. I lost 10kg in 3mth and got paid top dollar with bonus on top
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours and very tried
It's good experience at work place
Deli Team Member (Current Employee) –  Alice Springs NT9 September 2018
It's good supermarket.work a lot always there.
They giving us choices which department you would like to work..always learning new skills
Offer us benefits .
I am at deli department it's great place
Pros
Discount always offer
Busy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kareela NSW28 August 2018
Working in a supermarket is always fast-paced. I worked in a number of different departments but I think the most enjoyable was the deli. On service you are pretty much confined to a small area, but in the deli you are always moving around and doing a variety of tasks which is easier on the body and mind.
Pros
Salary, colleagues
Cons
Short staffing.
Good workplace, positive attitudes.
Retail (Former Employee) –  Berkeley NSW15 August 2018
I would rate Coles Berkeley very high as they were positive people when working and explained jobs very clearly without confusion. I would recommend working at Coles Berkeley.
Pros
Good manager
productive and organised work
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 August 2018
easy to learn and helpful system of progression. Good and helpful culture and store organisation. Working with the different workers was very fun. It was easy to correct mistakes
Pros
lunches
Very busy hands on job.
Customer Service/Night Fill (Current Employee) –  Mildura VIC12 August 2018
Its a great environment to work in. Most of the team members are easygoing and great to work with. Management is great and they make a point of getting to know a little about you and where you’d like your career to go.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Late nights
Work PLacement
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 August 2018
Honestly, I enjoyed doing my work experience at Coles. It was unpaid but the people I worked with were really nice and the hours weren't too demanding. I definitely recommend Coles.
Pros
Flexibility, Work Culture, Breaks
Long Hours
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 August 2018
I have worked for coles twice and both times have been very different. I worked in Hobart as a duty manager and in Melbourne as a Deli manager. Melbourne pays a lot more. In TAS I was on 65k and in VIC I'm on 75k. You can make good money but you'll work a lot of hours for free.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
Too many hours
Fun workplace with lunches for special occasions
Team member (Former Employee) –  Marsden QLD25 July 2018
Coles was a great environment to work in, very friendly co workers and great support from management. Everyone was always kind and greeted eachother whether we knew eachother personally or not.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Understaffed and overworked in most cases
Customer Service Member/Meat Casual Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 July 2018
Coles in most cases is understaffed in order to boost top managers bonuses. Employees are often taken advantage of, with many cases of unpaid overtime.
Pros
Good pay for adults
Cons
Overworked and understaffed.
Lovely place to work, wrong people get rewarded and other get the benefits
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Taree NSW13 July 2018
good company to work for works well with family people just wish there was more opportunities and more full time work im a butcher by trade worked in Syd doing the new servey set up and now I’m working in taree deli because i wanted to be closer to my son I had to loose a lot of hours and my pay rate
ok workplace
service assistant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD12 July 2018
I thought it wasn't the best workplace. The managers were really nice its just the fact I did not receive enough hours, meaning I could not pay general bills
Supportive and productive environment
Retail (Former Employee) –  South Australia8 July 2018
Good hours, Pays well, Staff are friendly and supportive during training and available when needed. Very fast passed and often stressful, but flexible with studies.
Great Team members to work with but unrealistic expectations sometimes
Stock Filler (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD4 July 2018
Not too bad, great people to work with but sometimes management can push unrealistic expectations, apart from that its pretty good. Pay is also pretty good but the new EBA means new employees are actually paid less that existing employees most of the time.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Sometimes unrealistic expectations from management
Overall good company to work for
DELI ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Curtin ACT1 July 2018
Have overall enjoyed working in Coles but difficulty getting time off or adjusting work schedule to meet my needs as a university student. The work is also largely physical and can lead to injuries.
Pros
good pay
Deli work
Deli Member (Former Employee) –  Yeppoon QLD29 June 2018
Not glamorous work at all, I constantly came home smelling like a fish. Hours were good though and being at coles they have to be legit with sick pay, leave etc.
Very good
working whilst traveling (Former Employee) –  sydney27 June 2018
When I walked in it was like the employees were all friendly to see a new face but then when the job got full on they didn’t want to help me at all they just wanted to get on with their own job
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
People working there
hardest part of job
Night Fill (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 June 2018
it is very good company they look after there workers very well
one hard thing was working too late was too much and salary is not reasonable for this. except it it was great company ever i worked . thak you very much
Everyone who works here hates it.
Trolley Collector (Current Employee) –  Tweed Heads NSW17 June 2018
The pay rate for Coles is pretty decent, though after working there for a short time you'll find that nobody enjoys their time there. The upper management try to sell the 'family' angle, meanwhile the company cuts hours and refuses to hire new people when stores are understaffed.

Worked for a year and they refused to teach me anything outside of my field of work, so there was next to no chance of promotion or movement to different areas.

Recommend for a short time period while looking for something better.
Pros
They provide free foods, tea and coffee in the break room.
Cons
You'll hate yourself before long.
As baker
Baker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 June 2018
I Had worked in Coles , Two different location in Different state . I Saw each one different then others. One store management so comfy that makes you to work for them and feel Happy and Loyal and other makes you angry and makes you quit the Job . Same company , same job and same salary but two different standard.
Pros
Coffee with goodies
Cons
not focusing on team work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.