Coles Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 391 reviews matching the search See all 2,455 reviews
Everyone who works here hates it.
Trolley Collector (Current Employee) –  Tweed Heads NSW17 June 2018
The pay rate for Coles is pretty decent, though after working there for a short time you'll find that nobody enjoys their time there. The upper management try to sell the 'family' angle, meanwhile the company cuts hours and refuses to hire new people when stores are understaffed.

Worked for a year and they refused to teach me anything outside of my field of work, so there was next to no chance of promotion or movement to different areas.

Recommend for a short time period while looking for something better.
Pros
They provide free foods, tea and coffee in the break room.
Cons
You'll hate yourself before long.
As baker
Baker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 June 2018
I Had worked in Coles , Two different location in Different state . I Saw each one different then others. One store management so comfy that makes you to work for them and feel Happy and Loyal and other makes you angry and makes you quit the Job . Same company , same job and same salary but two different standard.
Pros
Coffee with goodies
Cons
not focusing on team work.
Good.
Night Fill Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mt Druitt NSW17 June 2018
- Pay is very good
- Managers change every 3 months due to stress
- Work culture very good
- As a casual, I get called in multiple times a week
- Fellow employees are very nice
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
I like this job
Worker (Former Employee) –  Dandenong VIC17 June 2018
I am friendly,king,dill with customer I can speak with diffrent people i like this job I can fing diffrent friends and customers and speak with all people
Pros
Free lunch
Productive and hulticultural environment
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 June 2018
I am a male and very hardworking. Can work under pressure and honest. Very punctual to duty and efficient.
Trust worthy and reliable at any given opportunity given me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good place to work if you are friendly and work hard.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 June 2018
Been working in every department. Managers are generally friendly and helpful. Promotion is hard. Can be very repetitive and dry. Very good pay if you are a student looking for some side work.
Pros
Good pay as a casual job.
Cons
repetitive, hard to get a promotion
its a very amazing outgoing work place.
Coles Services (Current Employee) –  Denham Court NSW28 May 2018
everyday cleaning and pulling in trolleys i guess its fun sometimes. Everyone has a everyday task and will eventually enjoy there time working at coles.
Pros
Free Tea in the tea room
Cons
short hours
It Was Okay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA21 May 2018
I worked at the Elizabeth shopping centre, in the stock department. It was part of Work Placement, and I was unfortunately left to figure out most of the job on my own. There was nobody training me appropriately for my job role for the month I was there, and despite the alarm I raised with both the manager of the store, and the study program in which I was involved with in order to be doing Work placement, nothing had changed. I did my work, and was suddenly left to help other people who were doing work experience.
Although the experience was very stressful, and I felt left in the dark - the skills I gained outweigh the bad. I was able to become very self reliable, and was able to not only help new people, but understand the job by studying other Cole's store workers - at other Cole's stores. Although I felt my treatment at Coles was unfair, I appreciate that they accepted me for work placement, and helped me better an independent skill.
Pros
I figured out how to always keep busy and working
Cons
I was never able to find out if I did a well enough job, as no one was there to guide me.
good work environment
Customer Service Representative, 2IC and Manager (Former Employee) –  Woolgoolga NSW21 May 2018
great company to work for management work hard but are rewarded with great company dinners and trips away. Long hours are required due to hours cuts that's the worst part of the job
Pros
good pay
Cons
constant decrease in shop hours
big company
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Victoria Gardens VIC13 May 2018
Job security.. not a stressful environment. everyday is different at work. Pay rates are good.. It gives good balance for someone like me who wants to work around children
Unless your a manger of higher the job sucks!
Night Filler (Current Employee) –  Albany WA9 May 2018
The pay and hours given are terrible. Coles don't care for their employees (though they say they do)!
They expect you to do large amounts of work in little time. Unless your one the oldest or favourite employees you won't be respected! Other employees are the only benefit of working there as they hate it and the higher ups as much as you will.
Also they only every hire casual staff now, so you get no benefits and crummy hours, really crummy hours!
Pros
Other empolyees as they hate it as much as everyone else
Cons
everything, the pay, The hours, The no respect ever!!!
night shift worker at perolstation
customer service attenda (Current Employee) –  Geelong West VIC5 May 2018
i have been at coles express for 10 years and have always found them incredibly thankless. have never had enough hours and being a part time worker are dissapointed to have lost 7 hours a week to a new casual employee
Pros
Cons
petrol and shop thieves
coles is not that good
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Belmont VIC3 May 2018
when I started at Coles it was great. but since the new agreement. casual workers aren't getting shifts and a incident happened with someone else and 1 and no one (not even management) did anything about it.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
mangement
Safe work environment but not good for casuals
Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW2 May 2018
It is a safe work environment and the salary is good for those studying or with young children. However casual team members hours can fluctuate without warning making it difficult when only given minimal hours a week.
no idea
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salamander Bay NSW2 May 2018
i have no idea what to write so this is my answer, so please excuse the lack of infomation, the hardest part of working to me is long hours alone, most enjoyable time is lunch time
Not a friendly work place
Sale Coordinator, Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Remo NSW1 May 2018
Coles are cutting hours and expecting you to do the same job that you do in 8 hours, they want you to do in 6 hours. Management don't want to know if you can't get it done.
short shifts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA27 April 2018
The work is repetitive. The hours are minimal. The team was positive. The manager was understanding and flexible.
It is always busy but the customers are usually friendly and patient.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
not enough hours
Not enough hours
STORE ASSISTANT/RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Zetland NSW26 April 2018
Not enough hours , looking for more hours and long term, under employment is a issue I have . The job was ok but hours no , not enough , requests for more hours was refused.
Pros
free lunch, good lunch room
Cons
not enough hours
great place to work
Dairy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT25 April 2018
I have spent many hours working for different Coles locations. I have lots of retail and customer experience from working here. I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
good salary
Cons
long drive at the time as I didnt live in palmerston
Secure and Consistent job
Team Supervisor in Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westmead NSW15 April 2018
Depending on your store and management, experiences can vary but they job is generally secure and a reliable source of income. There are some opportunities for advancement depending on personal diligence and experience. Overall, the job is good.