Coles Employee Review

General Day
Customer Service, Bakery, Deli (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD4 March 2019
A normal day will be dealing with customer complaints and reassuring them that things happen and things can be changed easy, giving them a piece of mind and happiness so they don't have a bad experience.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
late night hours

Other Coles Employee Reviews

worse company ever worked for 4years.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 July 2019
Thought coles as career but no growth unless got some backup..
poor mangement.
no support ..
more pressure as a manager and 50hours/week at least doesnt match the salary..
Looks good at first, but after a few weeks you realise just how bad it is working there
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coles WA14 July 2019
Being my first "proper" job i went into thinking it was a pretty good job but realised it was a big mistake accepting the job offer at coles. They screw around with you and promise things without fulfilling said promise. As a casual the pay rates were great for my age, but i was lucky to get 1 shift in the span of 2 weeks. Our service manager was constantly changing and the senior people on service talk down to us younger students. When working 5+ hour shifts the chances of being allowed a break is low, as the store was always short-staffed as they refused to give out more shifts. They take adavntage of you and it was often you would end up working overtime unpaid. This job has cause me much stress due to its toxic managaement and environment, i would highly recommend younger people not to work at coles as they just exploit you, they don't care about the team members, just the money. The managers also all play favourites and if you're not one of the favourites expect to recieve bullying, extra work to do on shifts, no breaks, unpaid overtime and minimal shifts. I can't wait for the day i am able to quit this hellhole, im just finacially not able to yet and sadly this job is taking a toll on my health.
Pros
Great casual pay rates
Cons
Everything, such a toxic work environment