Coles Employee Review

Loved working for Coles express excellent environment
Store Manager Shell (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA21 February 2019
Can’t advance any further in my career looking for something that I can strive towards to better my self
And the company wanted to always be loss prevention
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Don’t follow through with helping with your career

Other Coles Employee Reviews

Good work culture, flexible hours but management sucks.
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  NSW24 June 2019
Had this job to make some money while studying. Hours weren't really consistent as a casual but it was a good side job and it does make a difference if you put effort into your work. The job was definitely challenging as there's a ton of pressure on the bakery to get things out at a certain time, but it was ok when management and team were working cohesively. People that I worked with were lovely and supportive which made it a good experience as well. When management changed, it was much harder to handle. There was added pressure on the team to a push more products, be more efficient with time and other impossible standards which upper management didn't get. Pretty much thought everything could be done at the snap of your fingers. Ended up leaving because of their lack of care towards the team, no appreciation and unfair workload set by manager that would generally take up your breaks and go over shift hours.
Pros
5% discount for Coles, Kmart, Target etc., Casual rates
Cons
Impossible standards when you work in a busy store, management works against you
Downcast, unfair workplace
Nightfill Associate (Current Employee) –  Healesville VIC24 June 2019
At Coles, (my store in particular) you are not rewarded for working hard, if anything the opposite, management don't listen. They reward people who are in their middling years over younger faster employees solely because they have a family, rather than rewarding based on skill and speed Coles is a very overall negative place to work and an extremely toxic work environment.
Pros
High wage
Cons
Everything else