Coles Employee Review

Good place to work but not loyal to the workers. Management not good.
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Parkinson QLD18 March 2019
The work side of Coles Parkinson DC is good. The people you work with are helpful and the pay is great. The bad part is you feel you need to watch your back on every little thing. You get verbal and written warnings for petty things. You try and get hold of your manager to ask how your performance is going and it seems too hard for them to do. Different managers tell you different things. The managers seem to throw the workers under the bus. Petty things like 7 minutes time off task and yet they stand around talking about their nights out and weekends. You have a team manager that is supposed to look after you. At the moment I have not even met my latest manager. The good ones come and introduce themselves to you and ask if there is any problems. I still do have incentive to further myself and career in this place but it's very hard. I ask to be trained in other areas but keep getting knocked back. Sometimes it's hard to give them all I have when they don't seem to care.
Pros
Flexibility in shifts. Great pay
Cons
Bad Management. Written and verbal warnings are handed out left right and centre.

Other Coles Employee Reviews

terrible management plus unsafe environment
Checkout Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berkeley NSW18 May 2019
I've been threatened and abused. the pay is terrible no shifts due to them trying to save money and management is the worst. they couldn't even manage to get there heads out of their behinds.
Pros
free food & coffee during breaks
Cons
short shifts, underpaid, bad management, lack of security
Not too good put on for different shifts than originally don’t ask for half a day off for ur birthday they don’t give
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 May 2019
Not too pleasant place to work,not run good as you would expect a big company to run and don’t ever know where you stand refer to my summery as in above
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Supervisors and shift changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.