Coles Employee Review

Good work culture, flexible hours but management sucks.
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  NSW24 June 2019
Had this job to make some money while studying. Hours weren't really consistent as a casual but it was a good side job and it does make a difference if you put effort into your work. The job was definitely challenging as there's a ton of pressure on the bakery to get things out at a certain time, but it was ok when management and team were working cohesively. People that I worked with were lovely and supportive which made it a good experience as well. When management changed, it was much harder to handle. There was added pressure on the team to a push more products, be more efficient with time and other impossible standards which upper management didn't get. Pretty much thought everything could be done at the snap of your fingers. Ended up leaving because of their lack of care towards the team, no appreciation and unfair workload set by manager that would generally take up your breaks and go over shift hours.
Pros
5% discount for Coles, Kmart, Target etc., Casual rates
Cons
Impossible standards when you work in a busy store, management works against you

Other Coles Employee Reviews

worse company ever worked for 4years.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 July 2019
Thought coles as career but no growth unless got some backup..
poor mangement.
no support ..
more pressure as a manager and 50hours/week at least doesnt match the salary..
Looks good at first, but after a few weeks you realise just how bad it is working there
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coles WA14 July 2019
Being my first "proper" job i went into thinking it was a pretty good job but realised it was a big mistake accepting the job offer at coles. They screw around with you and promise things without fulfilling said promise. As a casual the pay rates were great for my age, but i was lucky to get 1 shift in the span of 2 weeks. Our service manager was constantly changing and the senior people on service talk down to us younger students. When working 5+ hour shifts the chances of being allowed a break is low, as the store was always short-staffed as they refused to give out more shifts. They take adavntage of you and it was often you would end up working overtime unpaid. This job has cause me much stress due to its toxic managaement and environment, i would highly recommend younger people not to work at coles as they just exploit you, they don't care about the team members, just the money. The managers also all play favourites and if you're not one of the favourites expect to recieve bullying, extra work to do on shifts, no breaks, unpaid overtime and minimal shifts. I can't wait for the day i am able to quit this hellhole, im just finacially not able to yet and sadly this job is taking a toll on my health.
Pros
Great casual pay rates
Cons
Everything, such a toxic work environment