Coles Employee Review

Not great
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenacres SA31 March 2019
If you are a teenager looking to get a job for after school pocket money, but then feel pressured to stay with the promise of moving up into a supervisor/management role, then look no further.
Pros
Varied work hours
Cons
Doesn't deliver on promises

Other Coles Employee Reviews

Coles is what it is
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 May 2019
From a Casual point of view: Coles is good if you're a student, as a second job or a safety net if you have nothing else, but as a sole source of income for any length of time - you'd struggle.

Hours are unreliable and can vary dramatically from week to week.

Keep a photographic record of your roster and keep an eye on your pay. sometimes they get it wrong.

Casuals can be called anytime in the day and asked if they can work on short notice or ASAP....OK if you live closeby.

On checkouts, It helps to be a quick learner because training is very quick and basic, you tend to find things out when you screw something up. but help is there if you need it (mostly).

Don't think casuals get more shifts in Christmas/Easter period as hours go to students and full timers as they're cheaper.

Coles is good if you like clocking on, doing what you need to do in your shift and clocking off, it's busy and hectic but otherwise stress free.
Pros
Work life balance, pay rate if you can get the hours.
Cons
Not too many cons as long as you accept Coles for what it is.
Long hours but rewarding.
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 May 2019
These where my first jobs i ever had and i will always remember them. Cole's taught me everything in regards to running a supermarket efficiently, good training and a great group of people i meet in my life. Some are still my friends to this day.Being an effective manager, responding to the challenges that occurred each day and generally good training that set me up and helping me in my representative days ahead. Could be long hours but it was worth it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.