Coles Employee Reviews

Found 2,357 reviews matching the search See all 2,435 reviews
It's a OK place to work
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 January 2019
I was working at a Coles supermarket as a team member. It wasn't the best job, but it was alright. The culture depends on the management and their politics.
Great company
Storeman (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA16 January 2019
Was a pleasure to work for this company and enjoyed getting up in the morning the work there also the people where of great value to my knowledge of the workplace
Pros
Clean lunch area
Cons
A friendly and comforting environment to work in
Checkout Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenferrie VIC15 January 2019
Having Coles as my first job was great, it was a relaxing environment and the hours were flexible. Serving the customers continuously has helped me to develop a great customer service attitude, also confidence with communication. I have also learnt different types of fresh produce, such as identifying varieties of apples or pears, tomatoes, etc through items that the customer purchases.
Working with colleagues of diverse cultures were great and helped us in building a good teamwork, especially during the weekend service.
Cons
Too relaxing or boring
Productive and fun workplace
Coles Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD14 January 2019
Typical behaviours I have learnt are there are many people who have took time in finding jobs like this, all the acceptable manner going towards customers are well organised and all. The team work that is happening I'd say is actually great having to see many smiles on peoples faces.
Pros
Free lunches
Great team environment
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD13 January 2019
Restocking shelves
Helping customer with enquires if needed
Workplace culture was great
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the new products being shelved
Majority of the store manager are stuck up and selfish
Coles Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 January 2019
Had two bad experiences with coles managers being to stuck up and selfish, They did not offer any help just told us what to do even if we were ridicoulsley busy
Cons
Pay, 5 AM starts
Good pay
Coles Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tarneit VIC13 January 2019
Coles is a good part-time job to have whilst concurrently studying at either school or tertiary level. I have been at Coles for 3 years and i have been trained in multiple departments and receive generous, flexible hours that work with my studying and social life.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Can be expected to do a lot of hours
its employment with an opportunity to grow. if you been picked for it.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pacific Paradise QLD10 January 2019
its employment, with an opportunity to grow. travel nationwide, opportunities to meet and greet new people from all walk of life at any age or gender.
Average work life balance
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New South Wales9 January 2019
Been working at coles for over 4 years now. Ive been a full - time employee for two years. Overall its very stressfull job. apart from that money is okay. However it can be bad if you have the wrong type of manager
Well Balanced
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria9 January 2019
As part of a large service team at Coles, team work was an essential towards ensuring great service in a very busy environment. Helped with customer needs using social skills in a busy and noisy environment, as well as helping with inquires that were presented by customers.
Pros
Good learning enviroment
Cons
Not enough hours
A great starting workplace
Bakery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Caloundra QLD8 January 2019
It’s a great place to work. I was taught everything I needed to know about how to do the job. I am given responsibilities and able to teach other team members. Also have people who are willing to help out when needed.
Pros
Hard work
Cons
Long hours and not many people in the department
productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edgecliff, NSW8 January 2019
its really great environment to work over there.i worked in several departments like- groceries,fresh produce, customer service. its a total team work.
A fun workplace
Team member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 January 2019
It was a very nice work place.A day would go by really quick Working in an environment where teams work together supporting each other. Fun to work in a customer driven place.
Nice and friendly work environment
Fresh Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Melton South VIC6 January 2019
I love to work at coles. Very flexible and understanding people.good management team and everyone help each other. I am working in Coles more then 8 years and never had any bad experience with any managers and teammates.
As a team member I developed a friendship with the other store team members in all departments.
Supervisor and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cairns Central3 January 2019
I enjoyed my time in Coles at Cairns Central, developed some great friendships with both other team members and customers . I went through a very hard time when I separated from my ex husband who was an alcoholic and gambler. I lost my house and found out that in the last 7 years he had fraudently re financed our house and that the housing repayments hadn’t been paid for 6 months and that our mortgage had doubled and they were foreclosing. As you can imagine it was an absolutely devastating time for my youngest son who was still living at home with me. He also worked at Coles Cairns Central (and still does) and the support we got from management and team members was invaluable. We would not have got through this without the support we received.
Pros
Supportive from both management and other team members.
Cons
No cons, unwillingly left my job due to medical reasons.
meet new people
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woolloongabba QLD2 January 2019
you get to meet new people all the time
you learn registers
you can work up to be a manager
standing on your feet all day
returning customers that like to see your smiling face
Impersonal work environment
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 January 2019
Typically people clocked in and out without interaction, which is fine. Management felt unorganised with poor communication. Shifts would be announced at a late notice.
During work, efforts were not rewarded as more capable and efficient workers did not see any benefits to less productive workers. This created a culture where workers would find shortcuts and hope others come and fix their mistakes.
Great workplace
Online Shopper (Current Employee) –  Brimbank1 January 2019
I currently work here in the online dep.
Management is great, very friendly and flexible with days off etc as they have so much staff.
It has always been very difficult for me to secure a job through coles in the past but I was successful this time as they were opening a new store and they had to hire many people at that time.
Pros
friendly staff, great work tasks, multiple short shifts, career advancement
Cons
miscommunications
Great Place
Stock Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 December 2018
Did 2 weeks work experience their and I loved it. Great, friendly environment. All the workers their are welcoming and the store managers are kind. Definitely recommend.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Repetitive tasks given
Very Poor
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coolum Beach QLD29 December 2018
I use to love going to work at Coles, it was safe, secure and generally a nice place to be. After working for this company for over ten years I would not recommend a long term career with this company anymore. It has changed and not for the better, they use to care for their employees but now it's all about the bottom line. The 'team' are miserable and management could care less. The culture has been poisoned and I can not imagine it ever being the same again. They have lost most of their customer friendly staff over the last 4 years and will employ management in service that hate customers, smart. So dishearten by this development I retrained to get out.
Pros
5% discount
Cons
Everything ease