Coles Employee Reviews

Found 2,357 reviews matching the search See all 2,435 reviews
It’s ok
Dairy manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 December 2018
It’s fun and very diverse there. A lot of onboard training and support just sometimes it feels like you’re left by yourself as a manager and have to pick up the slack with no support
Fun workplace
Duty Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 December 2018
- Great team members and managers.
- Flexible hours and rosters.
- Paid annual leave and sick leave.
- Perks from work for shopping and petrol.
- Discounted movie tickets for team members.
friendly workplace with customer interaction
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW24 December 2018
A great place to develop all the skills needed for retail and customer service. This job creates ample opportunities for advancement and higher positions
Good company always support his worker and much fun
Coles Services (Current Employee) –  Ripley QLD20 December 2018
No day is the same at Coles everyday people learn new things from worker or customer.
Strong understanding of cultural diverse, people respect each other values and believe and they are good in communication.
Good company always lead.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No more tha 28 hrs for PP time
Experience dependent on the store
Cashier/Customer assistance, Front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wanneroo WA19 December 2018
The management see you as a number and not really an individual person. They will be friendly and kind when you are of use to them and then if something goes wrong or inconveniences them they are more than happy to have nothing to do with you.
Stressful with no job security
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 December 2018
If your casual be prepared to get some shifts canceled on you due to budget cuts. Contracted hours is okay but also you maybe subjected to work in multiple departments take make up the hours (if youve completed all your SWPs - safety work permits for those depts.). Casuals can only work so few shifts. Clock ons cant exceed 21 starts in a month which is stupid especially when you want to work. Some Store managers are non coherent to your needs.
Ive worked for coles for 3yrs and i still havent been offered a contract. I work in dairy, fresh produce and nightfill and still nothing. Really pathetic for a company that prides it self on team support and understanding.
Pros
Nice staff members
Cons
Cancellation of shifts
Great company, but only at the Support office
Graduate Trainee (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC17 December 2018
As the title says being in the support office its great, but when you work in store your days are long, breaks are short and you have no social life. Thats why any store management team member looks really tired. No support from the office and the DC load you up with far to much stock.
fun because i get to know other people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Keysborough VIC16 December 2018
the hardest thing of this job is that i get a lot of hour there and get less paid .
the most enjoyable time is during a lunch break where i get to rest and relax just for 30minutes .
Pros
free food
Cons
paid less
really good place to work
Night Filler (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW16 December 2018
the only thing I didn’t like was being a casual worker I would have to call work everyday to see if I was working, but other then that it was a really good place to work with great management and staff the hours were a bit long
Pros
discounts
Customer Service Managers were rude
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW16 December 2018
Management claim to be there for the employees, yet swear and talk down to current employees whilst on the job. Accusations of staff stealing and managers would talk behind staffs back about it. Pay was poor. Managers would change shifts on you with 2 days notice and not tell you, only leave a change of shifts sheet in the staffroom. When confronted, said I should have been told despite not having a shift to come into the store to see the change... This happened several times. Not worth the effort.
Great place to work!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tasmania14 December 2018
A typical day at work would involve packing the deliveries in the vans and then delivering the groceries, I really liked making my customers happy when I arrived at their doorstep, I loved my time at coles online.
Pros
Organised workplace and great team to work with
Cons
It was sometimes stressfull
Coles
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC 355013 December 2018
Resonable place to work. Can be hard as a mum as cancelling shifts from time to time often means you dont get much work. Pay rate is good for this type of work, and store discount is a bonus.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Family friendly
Ex-Grocery Team Member
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW12 December 2018
I worked in the Grocery Department and all I ever did was stock refill (put products into shelves), some cleaning and help out customers. The hardest part was knowing what product belongs in what aisle since I wasn't very familiar in shopping at my local Coles (I usually shop at woolies).

In my personal opinion, grocery is the worst department to work in. I've asked my manager if I could move to customer service but he never put any effort into helping me out and so I eventually quit because I didn't like working in grocery. But heard that the manager is getting better.

However, every Coles store is different. The one I worked in just didn't work out. Pay is great though! Not bad as a first job!
Team was great but oppurtunites weren't for me and job hours offered was minimal
Nightfill & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 December 2018
While working at coles I was offered a few different opportunities which I felt was a good experience. The team was great and easy to get along with but throughout my time there I was given minimal hours and offered hours I said I was unavailable for.
Pros
Good team, Learning experience
Cons
Lack of Hours
good fast paced environment
Customer service cashier, dairy load (Current Employee) –  Waurn Ponds VIC8 December 2018
everyone is friendly and we all get along, get our jobs done on time, and it is a good work load, it is only short hours and we start at 6am finish at 9am but it is enough, and it is a good way to wake up.
Pros
good team
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Place To Work
Coles Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Perth WA7 December 2018
Coles north perth is a lovely store to work at, allways busy and allways something to do. Managers allways advised their staff shift with plenty of time to prepare for changes
Great people to work with
Service Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Isa QLD7 December 2018
Friendly staff willing to teach new employees anything they need. Comfortable relaxed attitude towards work and always willing to listen to suggestions.
Pros
Great People
Cons
24/7 Operation comes with uncomfortable shifts
Good working atmosphere, loved it there
Team Member/Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD6 December 2018
- Typically received shifts between 4 to 6 hours
- The deli was very full on, but manageable
- coworkers were friendly and understanding
- pay was good; as a 17 yr old I was earning just over $16 an hour on week days
- costumers were generally friendly
Pros
good pay, good atmosphere
Cons
the deli is very busy
Stressful and Disappointing
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensland6 December 2018
Coles does not practice their ethics of looking after their team. Management is only worried about getting more money in their pocket and cut staff hours but increase work load and expect it to be done under realistic times. No empathy or understanding that someone cannot live on 13 hours a week. Prices are down down but so is staff priority.
Cons
Unreliable hours
Productive, passion to help and work
Customer service assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Edgecliff, AU4 December 2018
- The environment's friendly due to the people working
- Safe place with trusting people who could help if needed
- Meeting new people is the best part of the job
Pros
Offers
Cons
Could be tiring sometimes but that comes with every job