Coles Employee Reviews

Found 2,339 reviews matching the search See all 2,415 reviews
meet new people every day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Wyalong NSW18 March 2019
you can be very busy from the start of your shift you are always see new customers and you get your regular customer who in time no you by your first name
Pros
seeing old customers again
A protective and competitive part time work to start a career
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Knox City VIC15 March 2019
A workplace suitable place for students as part-time work in their free time, it helped me with m communication skills and speaking with the people from different cultures
Great team ,the nightfill captain had a great mindset
Nightfiller (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 March 2019
Great company, treated with the up most respect ,time management was key ,love helping people on a daily basis ,tasks being done are not an issue with me
Pros
Team players
Cons
Finishing my shift for the night
Exciting and friendly workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane12 March 2019
I was given the opportunity to work in a great team that helped me gain confidence, social skills and experience in different areas of working. I thoroughly enjoyed being part of the team and I hope to continue being reliable and consistent with my job
Not great
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Maryborough QLD8 March 2019
I’ve always felt that Coles as a whole does not seem to care “passionately” about their team members like they say. It is extremely hard to be offered a contract if you have been employed as a casual, and For a company that has money, they act very cheap. Our store is falling apart and seemingly nothing is being done.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No job advancement
Dumb (Former Employee) –  Dumb7 March 2019
You can't even get through to finish one's online application as it's full of technical glitches that prevent you from being able to complete it. I'd suggest Woolworths or IGA rather than this mob who only employ refugees anyway....
Pros
Dumb
Cons
Dumb
a fun filled place to work where we meet a variety of people to serve, a management always happy to help sort out problems and ready to teach and shar
Cashier/Checkout Operator (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Miranda NSW7 March 2019
A platform where one can develop a good command of communication, patience, management skills as well as a quality to handle the stress and pressure whilst cheering the entire day. The management team is one of the best part I have ever found here as they always encourage us to learn new things everyday and provide us chances to improve in our flaws, if any.
The staffs are very cooperative, friendly and supportive at all the times and happy to share the knowledge one attains. The most favourite part of the day is the busiest time of the day when I observe myself enjoying the rush time while doing my duty in a smooth and well-organised way.
Pros
cooperative staffs and management
Cons
less opportunities to upgrade into something new, less hours
Picking and Packing
Picker (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW5 March 2019
* General picking packing duties.
* One way communication from floor managers.
* Picking needed to be above %100 to maintain the hours.
* Not enough training period for new casuals.
Pros
Free Sausages once a week
Cons
starting 5am.
anagement needs to review direction
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Broome WA4 March 2019
Keep the store clean and avoid losses. Sounds simple but when you are the lone staff to manage all these it will be quite a challenge to achieve everything daily especially if you have to manage drunk and unruly customers.
mundane tasks with no variaton over a long period of time
Coles work experience (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 March 2019
management was terrible and did not train and prepare new employees properly. The managers do not care about their staff and disregard them as people. They only care about their work and not about their work can effect their outside life.
General Day
Customer Service, Bakery, Deli (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD4 March 2019
A normal day will be dealing with customer complaints and reassuring them that things happen and things can be changed easy, giving them a piece of mind and happiness so they don't have a bad experience.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
late night hours
Good company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Valley NSW3 March 2019
Working at Coles services was a good job great hourly rate and had a couple different jobs you could do either cleaning of the in store and clean up in the morning making sure the store is cleaned for open
Work Life balance totally overlooked
Victorian Transport Planning Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Truganina Victoria3 March 2019
Unrealistic work loads
Very Poor Human Resources team
Mid management (Not in the public eye) are not taken care of, regardless of any health or safety issues.
Team members have their job descriptions changed "On the Fly" with no actual change being made to there contracts.
Remuneration for work achievements and/or promotions are none existent.
Pros
good work collegues
Cons
Very poor HR management for behind the scenes personnel
Modern work environment, flexible, easy to adapt.
Retail sales workers (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 March 2019
My experience at Coles was fairly good. A typical day consistent of, upon arriving at work, partaking in various jobs and socializing on the go. The workplace culture was great, modern, simple and flexible. The management, in my experience, was good, jobs were being done and visible progress could be seen. The best part of the Job was helping customers find a specific aisle. while the worst part was learning the layout of the store.
Pros
Reasonable breaks
Never been treated so badly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA27 February 2019
roster was only 12 hrs a week but I always did 30+, I picked up every shift offered. job lasted 3 months.........no contact from manager, just stopped rostering me, no pertormance review or complaints. after a month of no shifts, I found out I no longer have a job. I had 2 job offers and I chose the wrong company, stuffed up my chances with the other company now.
Pros
customers
Cons
everything else
productive and fun place to work
Coles services (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD27 February 2019
a typical dy at work would include collecting trolleys and cleaning everything from the floors to the chicken ovens. i enjoyed my time at coles mostly to the fact of friendly and supportive team members working along side me
Well managed and open doors communication
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW26 February 2019
Coles is a fun experience where everyone is easy to get along with and there are no hierarchical structures between coworkers and managers. This made easy for problems that might come along the way and for open and honest communication. I have learnt valuable information in the past two years and have been blessed with great managers throughout each department, I was able to move around in different departments to further my skills and become a valuable asset that was able to help out wherever needed in the store. There is not much that was considered too hard other than the occasional customers that were rude to us. It's been a good journey however there were no hours secured as I was casual and no set roster making it hard to make plans or schedule anything.
Pros
5% discount; open communications
Cons
No hours guaranteed
Great place to work as a student
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 February 2019
Coles was a good place to work while studying. Depending on your manager you can have plenty of time to study and socialise. But certain practises of Coles was not good.
Professional and helpful
Trainee Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pialba QLD25 February 2019
Coles staff were always friendly and helpful to both customers and other staff members. They take their time with the customers and try to make sure everyone is happy. They also take their time to teach new staff members things that are required in store.
Pros
Helpful, friendly, professional
Cons
N/a
Horrible place to work
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 February 2019
The company as a whole is a horrid company to work for. specifically in my store there is a culture of bullying by the store manager and she is also always backed up by the regional manager in terms of bullying team members they simply don't like. There have been several instances of bullying and still the manager is allowed to carry on in their job. They also are always cutting hours from the budgets and demanding staff put up with the cuts, but then get annoyed and punish staff for not keeping the standard of work from before the cuts.
Pros
Other team members
Cons
Everything about the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coles. Our community is ready to answer.