Colette by Colette Hayman Employee Reviews

Poor management that cut me from rosters without even telling me.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW4 June 2019
Got employed for 3 months in late 2018 and then they stopped putting me on the roster which I found strange as I wasn’t even notified by this and still never received a call, message or email about my employment as per my contract. I found this very unprofessional and just plain rude. I had a current job at the time and managed to balance the 2 and see myself as a great team worker with high experience in retail!
Pros
Team member Discount
Cons
No communication, rude staff, no good vibes it was too fake of an environment
Poorly managed with bullying coworkers.
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Town Hall NSW4 June 2019
Simply put, I felt that the management system of the store did not care about me as an employee. Most of my shifts were 3 hours (and almost always these were the ‘reject’ shifts, like the 4pm - 7pm closing shift) - there were only a few days in my six months where I worked a 3/4+ hour shift. My roles, on every shift, were to greet customers and unpack jewel, for months on end. I expected to be stuck with the ‘bad’ jobs as a junior stylist, however, my enthusiasm to learn diminished as management repeatedly showed zero inclination to properly train me.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Bullying managers, gossiping coworkers, zero training, long hours.
a great environmnet to work in.
style assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Gravatt QLD3 June 2019
the work culture was amazing as members contributed to different work areas/ stations for experience and keeping the store functioning well. there were no difficulties and I highly recommend females to take the opportunity to apply.
Pros
discounts, amazing environment and the lovely people.
Would not recommend.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW29 April 2019
They’ll hire you as a casual and give you 2 shifts per 6 months. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply there, super disorganised and lack of support from management and store managers. Really disappointing experience there.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
Lack of job stability, poor management, minimal to no hours
Fun, supportive and uplifting company culture.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD8 March 2019
My 5 years at CBCH were truly the best 5 years of my professional life. I began as a casual over Xmas in 2014 and quickly progressed into an assistant management role but i was equally valued and supported no matter what my title was and i always felt that was very important and rare. This is a company i would have stuck with til i was old and grey had it not been for the unfortunate situation with having being made redundant but even then we were made known how valued we were, none of was our fault personally and assisted in anything we needed moving forward eg: references etc.
Pros
incredible support and bonus system
Cons
n/a
average workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS2 March 2019
Being at such a small store we were often forgotten about. However being a smaller store encouraged a closer team but not including head office. not great pay either
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
low pay
would not recommend
not disclosing. (Former Employee) –  Knox City Centre VIC3 February 2019
i got bullied out of my job here and would never return or tell people to apply. Management was super nasty and such a toxic environment, avoid this place of employment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
It was a great place to start off my retail career
Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 January 2019
It was great to work at Colette, my day usually consisted of greeting customers, acknowledging them, making myself known to the customer, making the current sales evident and of course working behind the cash register.
The team I worked with were amazing and they taught me a lot about the retail world such as; how to interact with customers, how to persistant without being pushy and how to work a cash register and successfully completing transactions.
The hardest part was of course learning the rotes of the retail world and the most enjoyable/ best part of the job was the cool, happy and inviting environment.
Pros
Great staff discount 50% off.
Cons
Hours weren't great.
fun workplace
Christmas Casual Style Assistant at Colette-by (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA20 January 2019
It was my first Christmas Casual job and it was one of my best work place that I have ever worked at, I really loved working at Colette, all the staff members were so friendly and fun to work with. learned so many retail tips from the other staff members.
Cons
Great team.. terrible head office
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 January 2019
If you want to be treated like a dog, you’ll be the ideal candidate! The only thing that gets you through the day is the girls that you work with. Head office treat you like you’re nothing. You follow the stores policy, then when a customer threatens to complain, the head office bend over for them and then give you a warning.. for following the policy. Crazy right?
Don’t work here if you want to be treated as an individual, do if you want to be treated as a robot with no feelings.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Head office/ management
Fun and fast paced work environment!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookvale NSW7 January 2019
Fun and fast paced environment. Great employee discount. Average salary. There is very limited opportunity for career progression at Colette by Colette Hayman. Overall, this company is poorly managed.
Pros
Great work environment, Employee perks
Cons
Poor management, long hours
Great place to work, great people, great pay
Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 January 2019
I love Colette. It was my first entry into retail and management were lovely, the pay is attractive and there is a good work/life balance though irregular hours and therefore irregular salary. But the staff are all generally friendly and sweet, wasn't the catty environment I initially expected. Management really know what they're doing and are very complimentary and will praise good work! I would highly recommend a job at Colette.
Pros
Great management and environment
Cons
Irregular hours
Working as a Casual Sales assistant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW2 December 2018
Good place for younger adults who need work experience, do not recommend this place to anyone looking to work in a professional environment with professional staff.
Pros
discount of products
Cons
pressure from management
Good First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA12 November 2018
Able to gain necessary skills that can be applied to future endeavours.
Able to develop beneficial skills and create good customer service
Involves making a-lot of sales to have a successful business day
Poor Company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria22 October 2018
As a store manager the expectation is almost always unrealistic the area managers are next to no help , they are not supportive nor helpful and put their staff under consistent stress. The salary is defiently not competivite like the ad contains nor do you get international trips or concert tickets and the incentive program more or less non existent. The product and the teams created instore is one of the only reasons one would stay. The company need to do more in creating a far more inviting and inspiring atmosphere to work instead of a gossip fuelled negative place. Great for a starting point into store management but not for the long haul, staff turnover is quite high.
Pros
The teams you create, product
Cons
Long hours not paid, consistent stress, no support
Fun work place
Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 September 2018
Fun workplace, great group of girls to work with instore. Area managers are really rude and have unrealistic expectations. Do not treat you with respect at all!! Treat you like a number and actually don’t care about you as a person or your wellbeing. Overworked and under paid, hours are always being cut down instore. Very unorganized and unprofessional business.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude area managers, unorganized company
Fun Job
Style Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW15 August 2018
Incredible bunch of girls to work with and such a good, enjoyable job
The opportunities to fill in for people was amazing and I am so thankful for the time I got to work there
Pros
Staff discounts
very good
picking and packing (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW1 August 2018
Its one of the good place that i worked in Australian friendly environment. I learned many things interacting with new people in work place. I enjoyed with them like friendly and chitchatting.
Fun workplace
Visual merchandising new and existing stock (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 July 2018
Really fun workplace, great team. Area managers are extremely rude and unsupporting, treat you like a number and generally do not care about you as a person. Lots of broken promises in the company and also a lot of bullying from high up managers
Pros
Great team, discount and fun in store
Cons
Rude and uncaring area managers, unrealistic
Great starting point
Style Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD14 July 2018
Definitely a great starting point for retail! They have great training and will help you develop all the skills you need to advance in the industry. Will say this isn’t the place I will stay long term, solely because the hours are extremely minimal and if there are multiple casuals you may only get the minimum hours provided by your contract. However you get called into fill a lot of shifts at other stores (which isn’t bad) especially if you are in an area with a lot of stores!
A lot of your experiences depend on your management team, mine were amazing so I have enjoyed my experience thoroughly!
The company values are top also.
Pros
Training, discount, team
Cons
Minimal hours