colette by colette hayman Employee Reviews

Great team.. terrible head office
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 January 2019
If you want to be treated like a dog, you’ll be the ideal candidate! The only thing that gets you through the day is the girls that you work with. Head office treat you like you’re nothing. You follow the stores policy, then when a customer threatens to complain, the head office bend over for them and then give you a warning.. for following the policy. Crazy right?
Don’t work here if you want to be treated as an individual, do if you want to be treated as a robot with no feelings.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Head office/ management
Great place to work, great people, great pay
Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 January 2019
I love Colette. It was my first entry into retail and management were lovely, the pay is attractive and there is a good work/life balance though irregular hours and therefore irregular salary. But the staff are all generally friendly and sweet, wasn't the catty environment I initially expected. Management really know what they're doing and are very complimentary and will praise good work! I would highly recommend a job at Colette.
Pros
Great management and environment
Cons
Irregular hours
Working as a Casual Sales assistant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW2 December 2018
Good place for younger adults who need work experience, do not recommend this place to anyone looking to work in a professional environment with professional staff.
Pros
discount of products
Cons
pressure from management
Good First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA12 November 2018
Able to gain necessary skills that can be applied to future endeavours.
Able to develop beneficial skills and create good customer service
Involves making a-lot of sales to have a successful business day
Poor Company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria22 October 2018
As a store manager the expectation is almost always unrealistic the area managers are next to no help , they are not supportive nor helpful and put their staff under consistent stress. The salary is defiently not competivite like the ad contains nor do you get international trips or concert tickets and the incentive program more or less non existent. The product and the teams created instore is one of the only reasons one would stay. The company need to do more in creating a far more inviting and inspiring atmosphere to work instead of a gossip fuelled negative place. Great for a starting point into store management but not for the long haul, staff turnover is quite high.
Pros
The teams you create, product
Cons
Long hours not paid, consistent stress, no support
Fun work place
Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 September 2018
Fun workplace, great group of girls to work with instore. Area managers are really rude and have unrealistic expectations. Do not treat you with respect at all!! Treat you like a number and actually don’t care about you as a person or your wellbeing. Overworked and under paid, hours are always being cut down instore. Very unorganized and unprofessional business.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude area managers, unorganized company
Fun Job
Style Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW15 August 2018
Incredible bunch of girls to work with and such a good, enjoyable job
The opportunities to fill in for people was amazing and I am so thankful for the time I got to work there
Pros
Staff discounts
very good
picking and packing (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW1 August 2018
Its one of the good place that i worked in Australian friendly environment. I learned many things interacting with new people in work place. I enjoyed with them like friendly and chitchatting.
Fun workplace
Visual merchandising new and existing stock (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 July 2018
Really fun workplace, great team. Area managers are extremely rude and unsupporting, treat you like a number and generally do not care about you as a person. Lots of broken promises in the company and also a lot of bullying from high up managers
Pros
Great team, discount and fun in store
Cons
Rude and uncaring area managers, unrealistic
Great starting point
Style Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD14 July 2018
Definitely a great starting point for retail! They have great training and will help you develop all the skills you need to advance in the industry. Will say this isn’t the place I will stay long term, solely because the hours are extremely minimal and if there are multiple casuals you may only get the minimum hours provided by your contract. However you get called into fill a lot of shifts at other stores (which isn’t bad) especially if you are in an area with a lot of stores!
A lot of your experiences depend on your management team, mine were amazing so I have enjoyed my experience thoroughly!
The company values are top also.
Pros
Training, discount, team
Cons
Minimal hours
Was a fun experience
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plenty Valley VIC9 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at colette by colette hayman and would gladly work there again. However I did not work enough hours in my position and would have enjoyed more.
Fun workplace for younger people
Casual Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA7 February 2018
Quite a good vibe in store, however there was a lot of stress and pressure around mystery shoppers. I was very young when I worked there as I was still in highschool so it is a good job for the younger people in the work place
Amazing workplace
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD25 January 2018
Colette is fun & enjoyable, and also a very good character building experience. Although I wasn't kept on as casual, I am very thankful for the opportunity at hand as it allowed me to grow in the workplace. Also, it helped me with working under pressure and achieving targets. If the opportunity is given to work at Colette, take it.
Pros
Pay, co-workers, ability to grow
Cons
Not kept on as casual
Enjoyed working in fashion
Assist customers with all their needs. (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW20 January 2018
There was nothing bad about who i worked for, I loved everything about the job and all the detailed information about the job itself. Cannot wait to move up in the retail ladder and become a manager some day.
Pros
Fantabulous co-workers and manager
Cons
N/a
productive and fun workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macarthur NSW6 January 2018
CBCH is an amazing company to work for who values each of its team members. the easy going and flexible nature of the group allows an amazing work / lifestyle balance.
Friendly Team
Sales Assistant - christmas casual (Former Employee) –  Midland WA9 November 2017
The manager was lovely and helpful. The company provided extensive customer service training and rewards for team members that completed extra training.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Monotonous work
It is a great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA4 October 2017
I loved my time with colette and would loved to of stayed but no further position available within my area. I would defiantly love to persue my career with her again
Pros
Great team
Cons
To much double handelling
Day summary
Part-time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW11 September 2017
My day consists of giving my customers the service they deserve. Keeping track of figures, unpacking stock, merchandising, open and eod procedures, banking.
Pros
Working with great people and meeting new and regular customers
Cons
Management communication
Good pay unprofessional staff and company
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 September 2017
Very unprofessional company to work in, would never recommend to anyone.
Unrealistic goals and expectations from managers and company alike .
Staff are bullied and treated like merely robots to fill shifts on the get go and those higher above sales assistants are not supportive and there is no team morale here.
Money hungry company that do not care about their staff!
Pros
Good pay, 50% products
Cons
Horrible to staff, unprofessional company
Good
Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney27 June 2017
Learnt a lot about the retail space. I also learnt how to manage people and expectations. Great team at Colette, but long hours as it's not a huge company.