colette by colette hayman Employee Reviews

Fun, supportive and uplifting company culture.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD8 March 2019
My 5 years at CBCH were truly the best 5 years of my professional life. I began as a casual over Xmas in 2014 and quickly progressed into an assistant management role but i was equally valued and supported no matter what my title was and i always felt that was very important and rare. This is a company i would have stuck with til i was old and grey had it not been for the unfortunate situation with having being made redundant but even then we were made known how valued we were, none of was our fault personally and assisted in anything we needed moving forward eg: references etc.
Pros
incredible support and bonus system
Cons
n/a
would not recommend
not disclosing. (Former Employee) –  Knox City Centre VIC3 February 2019
i got bullied out of my job here and would never return or tell people to apply. Management was super nasty and such a toxic environment, avoid this place of employment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
It was a great place to start off my retail career
Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 January 2019
It was great to work at Colette, my day usually consisted of greeting customers, acknowledging them, making myself known to the customer, making the current sales evident and of course working behind the cash register.
The team I worked with were amazing and they taught me a lot about the retail world such as; how to interact with customers, how to persistant without being pushy and how to work a cash register and successfully completing transactions.
The hardest part was of course learning the rotes of the retail world and the most enjoyable/ best part of the job was the cool, happy and inviting environment.
Pros
Great staff discount 50% off.
Cons
Hours weren't great.
Great team.. terrible head office
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 January 2019
If you want to be treated like a dog, you’ll be the ideal candidate! The only thing that gets you through the day is the girls that you work with. Head office treat you like you’re nothing. You follow the stores policy, then when a customer threatens to complain, the head office bend over for them and then give you a warning.. for following the policy. Crazy right?
Don’t work here if you want to be treated as an individual, do if you want to be treated as a robot with no feelings.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Head office/ management
Fun and fast paced work environment!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookvale NSW7 January 2019
Fun and fast paced environment. Great employee discount. Average salary. There is very limited opportunity for career progression at Colette by Colette Hayman. Overall, this company is poorly managed.
Pros
Great work environment, Employee perks
Cons
Poor management, long hours
Great place to work, great people, great pay
Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 January 2019
I love Colette. It was my first entry into retail and management were lovely, the pay is attractive and there is a good work/life balance though irregular hours and therefore irregular salary. But the staff are all generally friendly and sweet, wasn't the catty environment I initially expected. Management really know what they're doing and are very complimentary and will praise good work! I would highly recommend a job at Colette.
Pros
Great management and environment
Cons
Irregular hours
Working as a Casual Sales assistant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW2 December 2018
Good place for younger adults who need work experience, do not recommend this place to anyone looking to work in a professional environment with professional staff.
Pros
discount of products
Cons
pressure from management
Good First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA12 November 2018
Able to gain necessary skills that can be applied to future endeavours.
Able to develop beneficial skills and create good customer service
Involves making a-lot of sales to have a successful business day
Poor Company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria22 October 2018
As a store manager the expectation is almost always unrealistic the area managers are next to no help , they are not supportive nor helpful and put their staff under consistent stress. The salary is defiently not competivite like the ad contains nor do you get international trips or concert tickets and the incentive program more or less non existent. The product and the teams created instore is one of the only reasons one would stay. The company need to do more in creating a far more inviting and inspiring atmosphere to work instead of a gossip fuelled negative place. Great for a starting point into store management but not for the long haul, staff turnover is quite high.
Pros
The teams you create, product
Cons
Long hours not paid, consistent stress, no support
Fun work place
Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 September 2018
Fun workplace, great group of girls to work with instore. Area managers are really rude and have unrealistic expectations. Do not treat you with respect at all!! Treat you like a number and actually don’t care about you as a person or your wellbeing. Overworked and under paid, hours are always being cut down instore. Very unorganized and unprofessional business.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude area managers, unorganized company
Fun Job
Style Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW15 August 2018
Incredible bunch of girls to work with and such a good, enjoyable job
The opportunities to fill in for people was amazing and I am so thankful for the time I got to work there
Pros
Staff discounts
very good
picking and packing (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW1 August 2018
Its one of the good place that i worked in Australian friendly environment. I learned many things interacting with new people in work place. I enjoyed with them like friendly and chitchatting.
Fun workplace
Visual merchandising new and existing stock (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 July 2018
Really fun workplace, great team. Area managers are extremely rude and unsupporting, treat you like a number and generally do not care about you as a person. Lots of broken promises in the company and also a lot of bullying from high up managers
Pros
Great team, discount and fun in store
Cons
Rude and uncaring area managers, unrealistic
Great starting point
Style Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD14 July 2018
Definitely a great starting point for retail! They have great training and will help you develop all the skills you need to advance in the industry. Will say this isn’t the place I will stay long term, solely because the hours are extremely minimal and if there are multiple casuals you may only get the minimum hours provided by your contract. However you get called into fill a lot of shifts at other stores (which isn’t bad) especially if you are in an area with a lot of stores!
A lot of your experiences depend on your management team, mine were amazing so I have enjoyed my experience thoroughly!
The company values are top also.
Pros
Training, discount, team
Cons
Minimal hours
Was a fun experience
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plenty Valley VIC9 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at colette by colette hayman and would gladly work there again. However I did not work enough hours in my position and would have enjoyed more.
Fun workplace for younger people
Casual Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA7 February 2018
Quite a good vibe in store, however there was a lot of stress and pressure around mystery shoppers. I was very young when I worked there as I was still in highschool so it is a good job for the younger people in the work place
Amazing workplace
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD25 January 2018
Colette is fun & enjoyable, and also a very good character building experience. Although I wasn't kept on as casual, I am very thankful for the opportunity at hand as it allowed me to grow in the workplace. Also, it helped me with working under pressure and achieving targets. If the opportunity is given to work at Colette, take it.
Pros
Pay, co-workers, ability to grow
Cons
Not kept on as casual
Enjoyed working in fashion
Assist customers with all their needs. (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW20 January 2018
There was nothing bad about who i worked for, I loved everything about the job and all the detailed information about the job itself. Cannot wait to move up in the retail ladder and become a manager some day.
Pros
Fantabulous co-workers and manager
Cons
N/a
productive and fun workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macarthur NSW6 January 2018
CBCH is an amazing company to work for who values each of its team members. the easy going and flexible nature of the group allows an amazing work / lifestyle balance.
Friendly Team
Sales Assistant - christmas casual (Former Employee) –  Midland WA9 November 2017
The manager was lovely and helpful. The company provided extensive customer service training and rewards for team members that completed extra training.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Monotonous work