colette by colette hayman Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 September 2018
Fun workplace, great group of girls to work with instore. Area managers are really rude and have unrealistic expectations. Do not treat you with respect at all!! Treat you like a number and actually don’t care about you as a person or your wellbeing. Overworked and under paid, hours are always being cut down instore. Very unorganized and unprofessional business.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude area managers, unorganized company
very good
picking and packing (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW1 August 2018
Its one of the good place that i worked in Australian friendly environment. I learned many things interacting with new people in work place. I enjoyed with them like friendly and chitchatting.
Fun workplace
Visual merchandising new and existing stock (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 July 2018
Really fun workplace, great team. Area managers are extremely rude and unsupporting, treat you like a number and generally do not care about you as a person. Lots of broken promises in the company and also a lot of bullying from high up managers
Pros
Great team, discount and fun in store
Cons
Rude and uncaring area managers, unrealistic
Great starting point
Style Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD14 July 2018
Definitely a great starting point for retail! They have great training and will help you develop all the skills you need to advance in the industry. Will say this isn’t the place I will stay long term, solely because the hours are extremely minimal and if there are multiple casuals you may only get the minimum hours provided by your contract. However you get called into fill a lot of shifts at other stores (which isn’t bad) especially if you are in an area with a lot of stores!
A lot of your experiences depend on your management team, mine were amazing so I have enjoyed my experience thoroughly!
The company values are top also.
Pros
Training, discount, team
Cons
Minimal hours
Was a fun experience
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plenty Valley VIC9 July 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at colette by colette hayman and would gladly work there again. However I did not work enough hours in my position and would have enjoyed more.
Fun workplace for younger people
Casual Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA7 February 2018
Quite a good vibe in store, however there was a lot of stress and pressure around mystery shoppers. I was very young when I worked there as I was still in highschool so it is a good job for the younger people in the work place
Amazing workplace
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD25 January 2018
Colette is fun & enjoyable, and also a very good character building experience. Although I wasn't kept on as casual, I am very thankful for the opportunity at hand as it allowed me to grow in the workplace. Also, it helped me with working under pressure and achieving targets. If the opportunity is given to work at Colette, take it.
Pros
Pay, co-workers, ability to grow
Cons
Not kept on as casual
Enjoyed working in fashion
Assist customers with all their needs. (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW20 January 2018
There was nothing bad about who i worked for, I loved everything about the job and all the detailed information about the job itself. Cannot wait to move up in the retail ladder and become a manager some day.
Pros
Fantabulous co-workers and manager
Cons
N/a
productive and fun workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macarthur NSW6 January 2018
CBCH is an amazing company to work for who values each of its team members. the easy going and flexible nature of the group allows an amazing work / lifestyle balance.
Friendly Team
Sales Assistant - christmas casual (Former Employee) –  Midland WA9 November 2017
The manager was lovely and helpful. The company provided extensive customer service training and rewards for team members that completed extra training.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Monotonous work
It is a great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA4 October 2017
I loved my time with colette and would loved to of stayed but no further position available within my area. I would defiantly love to persue my career with her again
Pros
Great team
Cons
To much double handelling
Day summary
Part-time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW11 September 2017
My day consists of giving my customers the service they deserve. Keeping track of figures, unpacking stock, merchandising, open and eod procedures, banking.
Pros
Working with great people and meeting new and regular customers
Cons
Management communication
Good pay unprofessional staff and company
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 September 2017
Very unprofessional company to work in, would never recommend to anyone.
Unrealistic goals and expectations from managers and company alike .
Staff are bullied and treated like merely robots to fill shifts on the get go and those higher above sales assistants are not supportive and there is no team morale here.
Money hungry company that do not care about their staff!
Pros
Good pay, 50% products
Cons
Horrible to staff, unprofessional company
Good
Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney27 June 2017
Learnt a lot about the retail space. I also learnt how to manage people and expectations. Great team at Colette, but long hours as it's not a huge company.
Repetitive job, on call work. Friendly team, good discounts.
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New South Wales18 March 2017
Friendly team members and management, that was about the only part that was good besides the staff discount. I found the job horrifically repetitive which dragged shifts on to feel like forever and the amount of stock required to get out whilst juggling 5 customers is not really fun. Its strange because before working there I shopped there a lot and thought it would be super fun to work there but because of doing the same job all day it was just draining. Also all shifts were on call and when I say on call I mean being called an hour beforehand asking to come in and if I wasn't available then no shifts, because we would only get called in when head office sends them the allocated hours which is very late to tell staff. So basically I can't make any plans at any time because there's a chance work might call me in. It felt like they expect you to have no life, waiting in case they decide they need you. I couldn't handle this which is why I left. I need to work off a rostering system with at least a week in advance, I don't mind getting called in late on the odd occasion if someone is sick or something but I couldn't handle every shift being on call like that.
But again friendly staff, manager was sweet and lovey and so were the girls I worked with.
Pros
Good girls to work with, great discounts.
Cons
All listed in review
Great benefits to make up for not so great management
Mystery Shopper (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC30 January 2017
I've shopped at Colette and have been a mystery shopper for them and yes I love the product but I do not love the management that work there. every time I go in I am pressured and attacked to buy items I don't want and upon discovery of me not wanting to do their "deals" the manager becomes very rude and abrupt. it doesn't appear to look like a healthy environment to work in as I find the manager to appear very rude and disrespectful to her customers and staff.
allocations, inbound
All Rounder (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 January 2017
i am still working in colette by colette hayman from november to still now. i am working for allocations,inbound,inventoryin the company.
great work place strict company
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubbo NSW9 January 2017
i enjoy working at colette however they do have some strict procedures and requirements that don't seem to be fair to there workers
Casual Fashion Stylist
Christmas Casual Style Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW26 July 2016
I worked as a christmas casual at Colette Parramatta. Loved my time there. Great environment, great staff and of course lovely jewellery.
Pros
Jewelery
Cons
only during christmas time
Excellent work environment with quality products
Style Assistant / Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Mill Park VIC 30829 May 2016
It was a fantastic opportunity to be employed as a christmas casual. Work was very enjoyable, the work varied and the clientele were a pleasure to deal with and style. I would love to gain a casual job at Colette
Pros
An all round great environment
Cons
Not being able to have my contract exteded