Colette by Colette Hayman
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Colette by Colette Hayman Employee Reviews

Australia66 reviews
Yeah look Colette by Colette Hayman was an alright job. Had many manager positions available. Always task to do so you never get bored. It is an all girls store so some girls can be very cliquey. Other than that I enjoyed my time here. I’ve been in a lot of retail stores and it wasn’t the worse nor the best so it’s okay if you want to jump start into management. If your not making sales and budgets then you have to explain yourself why?
Pros
Great discounts and Supportive Regionals
Cons
Work life balance, you have to work one day every weekend so either a Saturday or Sunday. And every latenight.
A typical day at work was fast paced yet entertaining. I would open the store and begin the work that needed to be done while attending to the customers while keeping the store clean.
wasn't an enjoyable place to work because i would constantly be told the wrong thing to do, then when i did what they told me and realised it was wrong, they would get mad at me for telling them they're wrong.
Pros
helping customers with products.
Cons
not enough hours
I love working here, I work with a bubbly, upbeat, fun team who are supportive and help me to learn the work field of retail. My manager has helped me and taught me so much about customer service, whilst making it a fun environment to be apart of.
It was an amazing place with the group I worked with in store but area management ruined everyone’s day by treating us like idiots and rude. If you showed a little bit of emotion of being upset they would tell you it’s to make you tuff and it could be worse.
Area management once accused me of stealing in front of customers and then requesting my id code so I could prove I bought what I was wearing which I did. Quit the next week
Easy money, easy work. Some days are very quiet and you’ll just be cleaning or doing some visual merchandising. Very pushy with telling customers about sales
Customers can be ruthless but the team works well together and is very supportive so its always possible to do well. There is opportunities for advancement and everyone is always helpful.
Colette by Colette Hayman is a fun and friendly work environment. a typical day of work includes selling the latest trends of bags, jewelry and accessories to woman of all ages. it helps improve your social and communication skills and you learn how to use the computer to process your sales. you also learn about budget and much more! great place to work.
in the interview they seemed like really nice people but once i started working there i was being spoken to like a child and not treated fairly. they do not help you in training and expect you to learn for your self. all in all it was not a good experience and i don’t see my self ever going to work for that company again
Most people you work with a young so some co workers can be quite bitter. I worked at the Bankstown store and my store manager was literally playing favourites and she really did lack professionalism. A lot of other coworkers have said the same. The divided shifts can be unfair and VERY unreliable. You can work 3 shifts one week and no shifts the next week.
Was good I learned a appt and had a heart time tkme people where really nice and I liked serving customers the location was also very nice I would recommend working here
Being a part of Colette Warehouse has been a good ride. I learnt so much from so many different people. They were very accepting with the many different cultural backgrounds involved and made everyone feel equal. It helped me to forward my skills and knowledge as well as my experience. My career progression was moving forward each day as I was given opportunities to take on new roles/positions. The hardest part of the job was getting out of bed after a long shift but always ready for the next. The most enjoyable part was learning about new cultures and eating different foods everyday!
Pros
Skill & Career Advancement
Cons
Long Hours
Good team for doing the job and very well environment place for work. table tennis table where we can enjoy the break and also has the basic very well maintained ammenities.
Head office and regional managers put an ENORMOUS and unrealistic amount of pressure on you if you are in management - SM or 2IC. This in turn created so much stress and anxiety for myself and I was pretty much bullied into leaving my job. Its definitely a company I would never work for again and I will always tell people to never apply there.
Pros
The team, staff discounts
Cons
Everything else
Got employed for 3 months in late 2018 and then they stopped putting me on the roster which I found strange as I wasn’t even notified by this and still never received a call, message or email about my employment as per my contract. I found this very unprofessional and just plain rude. I had a current job at the time and managed to balance the 2 and see myself as a great team worker with high experience in retail!
Pros
Team member Discount
Cons
No communication, rude staff, no good vibes it was too fake of an environment
Simply put, I felt that the management system of the store did not care about me as an employee. Most of my shifts were 3 hours (and almost always these were the ‘reject’ shifts, like the 4pm - 7pm closing shift) - there were only a few days in my six months where I worked a 3/4+ hour shift. My roles, on every shift, were to greet customers and unpack jewel, for months on end. I expected to be stuck with the ‘bad’ jobs as a junior stylist, however, my enthusiasm to learn diminished as management repeatedly showed zero inclination to properly train me.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Bullying managers, gossiping coworkers, zero training, long hours.
the work culture was amazing as members contributed to different work areas/ stations for experience and keeping the store functioning well. there were no difficulties and I highly recommend females to take the opportunity to apply.
Pros
discounts, amazing environment and the lovely people.
Cons
They’ll hire you as a casual and give you 2 shifts per 6 months. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply there, super disorganised and lack of support from management and store managers. Really disappointing experience there.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
Lack of job stability, poor management, minimal to no hours
I really enjoy working at Colette By Colette Hayman. It is an extremely welcoming team to be apart of. Sufficient support from higher managers. I really enjoyed the experience with customers. My enjoyment came from helping customers find the perfect accessories to match their outfit. I have helped many brides find the perfect jewel for their special day. I have styled many formals, races etc. Workplace cultural is amazing and i loved spending time with my team outside of work. The hardest part is the short hours. I only work around 3-8 hours a week which makes it a struggle but i enjoy working there nonetheless.
Pros
great pay, self-satisfaction from helping customers, great team.
Cons
Short shifts, no sustainable for decent living.
My 5 years at CBCH were truly the best 5 years of my professional life. I began as a casual over Xmas in 2014 and quickly progressed into an assistant management role but i was equally valued and supported no matter what my title was and i always felt that was very important and rare. This is a company i would have stuck with til i was old and grey had it not been for the unfortunate situation with having being made redundant but even then we were made known how valued we were, none of was our fault personally and assisted in anything we needed moving forward eg: references etc.
Pros
incredible support and bonus system
Cons
n/a
Being at such a small store we were often forgotten about. However being a smaller store encouraged a closer team but not including head office. not great pay either
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
low pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colette by Colette Hayman. Our community is ready to answer.