Colette by Colette Hayman
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Colette by Colette Hayman Employee Reviews for Assistant

I really enjoy working at Colette By Colette Hayman. It is an extremely welcoming team to be apart of. Sufficient support from higher managers. I really enjoyed the experience with customers. My enjoyment came from helping customers find the perfect accessories to match their outfit. I have helped many brides find the perfect jewel for their special day. I have styled many formals, races etc. Workplace cultural is amazing and i loved spending time with my team outside of work. The hardest part is the short hours. I only work around 3-8 hours a week which makes it a struggle but i enjoy working there nonetheless.
Pros
great pay, self-satisfaction from helping customers, great team.
Cons
Short shifts, no sustainable for decent living.
A typical day at work was fast paced yet entertaining. I would open the store and begin the work that needed to be done while attending to the customers while keeping the store clean.
Most people you work with a young so some co workers can be quite bitter. I worked at the Bankstown store and my store manager was literally playing favourites and she really did lack professionalism. A lot of other coworkers have said the same. The divided shifts can be unfair and VERY unreliable. You can work 3 shifts one week and no shifts the next week.
the work culture was amazing as members contributed to different work areas/ stations for experience and keeping the store functioning well. there were no difficulties and I highly recommend females to take the opportunity to apply.
Pros
discounts, amazing environment and the lovely people.
Cons
It was great to work at Colette, my day usually consisted of greeting customers, acknowledging them, making myself known to the customer, making the current sales evident and of course working behind the cash register. The team I worked with were amazing and they taught me a lot about the retail world such as; how to interact with customers, how to persistant without being pushy and how to work a cash register and successfully completing transactions. The hardest part was of course learning the rotes of the retail world and the most enjoyable/ best part of the job was the cool, happy and inviting environment.
Pros
Great staff discount 50% off.
Cons
Hours weren't great.
Fun and fast paced environment. Great employee discount. Average salary. There is very limited opportunity for career progression at Colette by Colette Hayman. Overall, this company is poorly managed.
Pros
Great work environment, Employee perks
Cons
Poor management, long hours
I love Colette. It was my first entry into retail and management were lovely, the pay is attractive and there is a good work/life balance though irregular hours and therefore irregular salary. But the staff are all generally friendly and sweet, wasn't the catty environment I initially expected. Management really know what they're doing and are very complimentary and will praise good work! I would highly recommend a job at Colette.
Pros
Great management and environment
Cons
Irregular hours
Fun workplace, great group of girls to work with instore. Area managers are really rude and have unrealistic expectations. Do not treat you with respect at all!! Treat you like a number and actually don’t care about you as a person or your wellbeing. Overworked and under paid, hours are always being cut down instore. Very unorganized and unprofessional business.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rude area managers, unorganized company
Incredible bunch of girls to work with and such a good, enjoyable job The opportunities to fill in for people was amazing and I am so thankful for the time I got to work there
Pros
Staff discounts
Definitely a great starting point for retail! They have great training and will help you develop all the skills you need to advance in the industry. Will say this isn’t the place I will stay long term, solely because the hours are extremely minimal and if there are multiple casuals you may only get the minimum hours provided by your contract. However you get called into fill a lot of shifts at other stores (which isn’t bad) especially if you are in an area with a lot of stores! A lot of your experiences depend on your management team, mine were amazing so I have enjoyed my experience thoroughly! The company values are top also.
Pros
Training, discount, team
Cons
Minimal hours