Colette by Colette Hayman
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Colette by Colette Hayman Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Wonderful store manager, positive, kind and supportive team of ladies. I learnt to multitask when I was required to merchandise and unpack stock while attending to customer's and other enquiries. The team understood how to support each other during stressful and busy times when the area / regional manager's were unintentionally making things difficult and more time consuming. The hardest part of the job was / is remaining energetic for customers during the store sale periods and Christmas, trying to figure out ways to encourage them to buy more - I believe they'll buy what they're able to buy...there's no need to pressure them. That won't encourage them to visit again and spread positive words about the store or company as a whole.
I love working here, I work with a bubbly, upbeat, fun team who are supportive and help me to learn the work field of retail. My manager has helped me and taught me so much about customer service, whilst making it a fun environment to be apart of.
Got employed for 3 months in late 2018 and then they stopped putting me on the roster which I found strange as I wasn’t even notified by this and still never received a call, message or email about my employment as per my contract. I found this very unprofessional and just plain rude. I had a current job at the time and managed to balance the 2 and see myself as a great team worker with high experience in retail!
Pros
Team member Discount
Cons
No communication, rude staff, no good vibes it was too fake of an environment
Simply put, I felt that the management system of the store did not care about me as an employee. Most of my shifts were 3 hours (and almost always these were the ‘reject’ shifts, like the 4pm - 7pm closing shift) - there were only a few days in my six months where I worked a 3/4+ hour shift. My roles, on every shift, were to greet customers and unpack jewel, for months on end. I expected to be stuck with the ‘bad’ jobs as a junior stylist, however, my enthusiasm to learn diminished as management repeatedly showed zero inclination to properly train me.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Bullying managers, gossiping coworkers, zero training, long hours.
They’ll hire you as a casual and give you 2 shifts per 6 months. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply there, super disorganised and lack of support from management and store managers. Really disappointing experience there.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
Lack of job stability, poor management, minimal to no hours
Good place for younger adults who need work experience, do not recommend this place to anyone looking to work in a professional environment with professional staff.
Pros
discount of products
Cons
pressure from management
Able to gain necessary skills that can be applied to future endeavours. Able to develop beneficial skills and create good customer service Involves making a-lot of sales to have a successful business day
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at colette by colette hayman and would gladly work there again. However I did not work enough hours in my position and would have enjoyed more.
CBCH is an amazing company to work for who values each of its team members. the easy going and flexible nature of the group allows an amazing work / lifestyle balance.
Good place to work, lovley people, and easy to make sales, and also great to meet every day people, and able to use my customer service skills to be able to help customers to the best of my abilities.
Very unprofessional company to work in, would never recommend to anyone. Unrealistic goals and expectations from managers and company alike . Staff are bullied and treated like merely robots to fill shifts on the get go and those higher above sales assistants are not supportive and there is no team morale here. Money hungry company that do not care about their staff!
Pros
Good pay, 50% products
Cons
Horrible to staff, unprofessional company
Firstly my manager was unintelligent which proved to be rather difficult in most situations, She would regularly mess up the rosters and they were more often than not posted on a weekly basis at most, which caused problems for myself and other members of staff. for example, I missed a shift on Monday as the roster was posted for that week the day before substantially late; around 11 pm if I can recall correctly. There were multiple days where I was working 12 hours and was not paid any more than my $17 an hour pay rate. most of my coworkers had left and the ones that remained ultimately relied on this position financially so weren't able to. I'll leave it there, I don't particularly desire writing more.
Pros
customer service experience
Cons
everything else
Friendly team members and management, that was about the only part that was good besides the staff discount. I found the job horrifically repetitive which dragged shifts on to feel like forever and the amount of stock required to get out whilst juggling 5 customers is not really fun. Its strange because before working there I shopped there a lot and thought it would be super fun to work there but because of doing the same job all day it was just draining. Also all shifts were on call and when I say on call I mean being called an hour beforehand asking to come in and if I wasn't available then no shifts, because we would only get called in when head office sends them the allocated hours which is very late to tell staff. So basically I can't make any plans at any time because there's a chance work might call me in. It felt like they expect you to have no life, waiting in case they decide they need you. I couldn't handle this which is why I left. I need to work off a rostering system with at least a week in advance, I don't mind getting called in late on the odd occasion if someone is sick or something but I couldn't handle every shift being on call like that. But again friendly staff, manager was sweet and lovey and so were the girls I worked with.
Pros
Good girls to work with, great discounts.
Cons
All listed in review
i enjoy working at colette however they do have some strict procedures and requirements that don't seem to be fair to there workers
I love working in a store with a great atmosphere. I learnt a lot about what customers want and how to deal with sticky situations. A 2IC role was offered to me and I enjoyed the products that the company sold.
Pros
Lengthy breaks, generous discounts, great atmosphere
Cons
Not much job security