Colette by Colette Hayman
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Colette by Colette Hayman Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Yeah look Colette by Colette Hayman was an alright job. Had many manager positions available. Always task to do so you never get bored. It is an all girls store so some girls can be very cliquey. Other than that I enjoyed my time here. I’ve been in a lot of retail stores and it wasn’t the worse nor the best so it’s okay if you want to jump start into management. If your not making sales and budgets then you have to explain yourself why?
Pros
Great discounts and Supportive Regionals
Cons
Work life balance, you have to work one day every weekend so either a Saturday or Sunday. And every latenight.
As a store manager the expectation is almost always unrealistic the area managers are next to no help , they are not supportive nor helpful and put their staff under consistent stress. The salary is defiently not competivite like the ad contains nor do you get international trips or concert tickets and the incentive program more or less non existent. The product and the teams created instore is one of the only reasons one would stay. The company need to do more in creating a far more inviting and inspiring atmosphere to work instead of a gossip fuelled negative place. Great for a starting point into store management but not for the long haul, staff turnover is quite high.
Pros
The teams you create, product
Cons
Long hours not paid, consistent stress, no support
I loved my time with colette and would loved to of stayed but no further position available within my area. I would defiantly love to persue my career with her again
Pros
Great team
Cons
To much double handelling
Working for Colette was an extremely rewarding experience which challenged me in the best ways possible every day. The culture was excellent an it was a great work environment. I received a lot of praise from my regional and national Managers and it made all the hard work worth it. I developed a great sales driving team and they were a pleasure to work with. I thoroughly enjoyed my management role at Colette by Colette Hayman.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
n/a
My typical day at work was too be well organized to kick off the day. If there was no plan nothing would flow properly. Organization played a massive role not just for myself, but for the team to so we could co operate well. Daily we visual merchandised, dealt with customers, stock level/control, cash handling and store security. Customer connect was the key to making money. I learn and taught myself a lot of management skills from Colette. Not only by problem solving and working with my team brain storming ideas, i stepped out of my comfort zone and by doing this i seen big turn overs in sales, my team and the store. My co workers. To sum them all up in one word, they would be best described as AMAZING. not one girl does not pull their weight. they are the back bone to my store and i couldn't do it without them. There is no hard part to the job because challenging yourself and pushing that one step further makes you a stronger and more energetic worker. Most enjoyable part of my work is not calling my work, work. I refer it to my home. It is so easy to walk into my store each day and be so proud that this is my life style i build towards and enjoy every second being apart of the Colette team.
Pros
everything us a pro
Cons
nil
While managing the store my usual day would consist of banking, rosters, unpacking and re-organizing of stock, guiding staff, delegating duties, cashing in and out plus cash settlement, reaching daily and weekly KPI's and cleaning.
Pros
Discount on product
Cons
Having to work extra hours without pay