Colgate-Palmolive
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews
I enjoyed working at Colgate-Palmolive. It was supportive, constructive and improved my knowledge and skills about customer service. I would recommend working at Colgate.
Very family orientated, great job satisfaction, CP valued your contribution, absolutely managed with respect, could not justify any complaints after 32 years of service. Thoroughly enjoyed our great conferences and State meetings annually and the ongoing support offered from management.
The company has a great culture and a great working environment and professional. I have been there for a while and it has also a great career succession plan for all employees.
Pros
Free Fruit and Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Great company to work for.
- Good employee retention

- Work perks.

- Travel

- Fantastic reputation

- However will need to work hard

as budgets are very important!
Pros
free products
Cons
too many emails
The running of a chemical plant with a continues monitoring of all of the process of the equipment.
The ability to do all of the QC checks and lab analyses of products made.

We were self managed and only required upper management input on capital expenses.

The work culture was good between each of the shifts, as hand over of the plant was part of a good production run.

The hardest part of the work was to train a new worker as this could take up to 12 months.

The working relationship between the people that worked in the plant created life long friendships.
I thoroughly took pleasure in promoting Colgate into surgeries until my Sales Manager resigned and was replaced by a manager who shifted the focus on Administrative tasks more so than assist in achieving budgets/targets... some major changes were implemented since her appointment.
In addition our Australia New Zealand Manager.. also resigned.

Upon these major changes and shift in politics, a few of the oral care consultants have resigned. Myself being one.
Pros
Great locations for sales meetings
Cons
Sales Manager was unapproachable, had a very direct assertive personality in which I found non engaging. Lastly, focus was shifted from sales to administrative tasks.
Typical day is with full of things to finish including fly in and fly out. This American company and staff members are a fun to work with. Being Business Analyst the type of job is much more loaded with high responsibility as the results would affect the whole world.
The management team are so supportive and professional, with well organized methodology used in every day professional assignments.

People laugh at work place, and crack jokes, is a daily thing. Meetings with other team members and supervisors do happen almost daily to update what is going on in their world.

I enjoyed flying in business class and staying in 5-7 star hotels around the world while on this job. Celebrated working with other nationalities and providing them with training of the system implementation.
Pros
You know what to do.
Cons
Chilly place to live and work
Will promote if you perform well. Recognition for a job well done could be improved. Team works well together with lots of laugh but very dedicated and serious about achieving strong results. Results-driven and focused.
- Not a long hours and I can work at home
-to adopt different culture

-with no discrimination especially for ranking file

-typical like home set up.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
night shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Colgate-Palmolive?
There was a great culture at the Labrador plant. Teamwork was very important and issues were solved as a group with everyone taking ownership on continuous improvement.
The only benificial thing about that place was that you had a job and that was it and you were just another person to tell what to do in a rude manner which is not what you need
we all get in, stretch then walk to our assigned benches then start our work for the day. Everyone works well with eachother rarely any dramas. We swap around every hour or so as most of us were ladies and some people found it difficult to unload the pallets. I think the hardest part of the job was when things slowed down especially with work our shifts got cut down dramatically ( went from every day shifts 8-4 to 2 days a week 8-2) but all in it was very enjoyable i loved getting the job done real fast and making good friends along the way.
Pros
birthday lunches, first friday bbq
Cons
short shifts
My day in receiving was busy putting data into the computer unloading trucks putting the right stickers on the containers and putting them away I learnt to check things twice so no mistakes were made the Colgate people are really nice the hardest is when the paperwork did not match the material that came in and the raw material person could not be found I you keep having to make phone to find out what is going on
when everything goes to plan
Pros
free Colgate products
Cons
when you can not get a team leader to come to see you when you are having a problem
A international company with innovation ideas, people caring culture and good career opportunities.
My key responsiblies is to handle quality system compliance, which included daily working with focus factory quality leaders to understand daily quality perforamnce, and discuss any solutions for issues happened. Besides, consumer and customer complaints were also one of key part of my daily, followed up and feedbacked each event were essential.

I enjoyed to discuss and fix problems with my team, which made me felt good and proud.
Pros
Good relationship with team
Cons
I had to leave the company due my family immigration plan
I started my carrier as a machine maintenance and machine operator on High Speed Liquid packaging line. It was my stepping stone for dream to work in pharmaceutical Industry. I enjoyed working with all Australian fun loving culture. I was shortest in my team. but cared by my collogues. Learnt lot about tools and their names. and even slang Australian language :). It was completely different than my previous GIO work. I learnt a lot and enjoyed union and work meetings. celebrated with my colleagues when we achieved targets.
This job helped me to go ahead for Lipa Pharmaceuticals.
• Responsibility for the design and implementation of allocated new homecare packaging projects for Australia and New Zealand.
• Managing packaging revitalisation and optimisation

• Capital and expense budgeting for the department.

• The design, testing and trials for the shelf ready packaging transition of homecare brands.

• Conducting manufacturing and transit trials and giving approval for new packaging and shippers both at Colgate Palmolive and at the suppliers manufacturing sites.

• Organising for the manufacture of and delivering new product trade samples to the Australian and New Zealand sales teams six weeks prior to first manufacturing.

• Managing the development of new and changes to existing labels, cartons and shippers artwork and gaining approvals.
Challenging jobs.
People assets high priority for Colgate.
Colgate had a two month interviewing selection period and I was offered a position. Straight away you felt like family. Was hard work but if you found a problem someone would help, as I would help others too. Uniforms were provided and laundered and the money was good, for the 1990's.
You had to be organised with a good nights sleep behind you because you would be running all day. A lot of paperwork, loading and unloading trucks on my forklift. A lot of moving pallets, equipment around inside on my reach-truck.

The hardest part was cleaning out the waste plant out the back on night shift twice a week. I got someone to help me the first few times.

The people were great, we all worked as a team. The managament mostly stayed in their offices but came out to congratulate you for loading those three trucks straight away through your lunch break.

I learnt organisation is a must in every detail of your work. To liaise with a variety of truck drivers, be thorough but efficient. Keep yourself and your uniform respectable and polite and always to ask if you need a hand.
Pros
Uniform washed and ready for you. Free steel caps provided.
Cons
Shift work with a baby (who is now 19)
this is the company that i feel proudly to work for,all the staffs here are nice and very polite in helping newcomers .