Colliers International
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Colliers International Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
I worked at Colliers International for over 10 years in administration capacity, I enjoyed working at Colliers International most of the time, however the role can be stressful at times, which causes problems for me as I have a disability. Management aren't flexible with work hours like letting you go to the gym in your lunch break and expect you to do unpaid overtime all the time, which is hard for me as I have a disability. The salary for administration staff is entry level and you will struggle to live on the wage. The best thing about the place was the people I worked with who were all lovely people and I got along with really well and they have amazing staff benefits.
CEO swears at Management team, doesn't reward success or effectively monitor effort.
Typical Admin manage Sales team with a very unhealthy dose of lack of ethics.
Pros
Great Brand, wonderful company any where else in the world (I've worked for CI elsewhere)
Cons
Perth is a franchise and run by an unethical cowboy 🤠
Company the centres on profits only, nothing given back to achievers, possibly position title change, was a Director and top 5 earner, but not even recognised
My main responsibility was to source new tenants for existing and off the plan large format retail centres. Building strong relationships with national tenants within the LFRA sector of retail and assisting with their strategic objectives.
Don't let yourself get sucked into the perfect facade the Perth office puts on for visitors and new employees. This place will suck the life out of you.
They do not care one bit about their employees, most departments are under staffed and extremely over worked with unrealistic work loads placed on them. This company is more focused on their image than actuctually ensuring their employees have the correct tools and resources to do their jobs adequately. Most of the procedures and programs you have to use are longwinded, slow and involve a lot of double handling, added more work/time to simple tasks.

Over the time I worked there, I would say there was an adverage of at least 3 staff members leaving per month and it was very easy to see why. While I wont go into details there is a toxic culture within the company and I have never felt such a relief as I did the day I finally left.
Pros
Nice lunch room, big company to add to your resume, can work remotely (if your manager approves it)
Cons
Understaffed, bad management, long hours, toxic culture, high staff turnover, bad processes, lack of HR help, hot desking
Management great, respected staff members, very fast paced environment, areas to improve and progress. well known international company across many fields
Colliers International are a flexible company who strongly believe in work-life balance.

Each day I was in charge of decision-making, such as answering visitor car parking emails; and if all parking spaces full for day requested, I was responsible for either approving or denying the request, depending on position of employee requesting visitor parking.

I also maintained company security and confidentiality, at all times, by always asking to cite valid personal identification of all external guests visiting the building and only issuing a guest pass to visitors prior approved by an Westpac group staff member (registered in system) or if the visitor knows name of the Westpac group staff member they are visiting and if they can display valid identification.

The only challenge associated with the job was that my strong point did not lie in the IT field, an essential part of the position was troubleshooting minor IT problems such as AV and fixing errors with automatic desk risers, and I would consistently request assistance from colleagues and management, only to be given the response that the Company does not have the appropriate resources and time to take in having one-on-one follow-up sessions in any IT issues/challenges faced.

I highly believe that Colliers International are an already fast-growing and inviting Company, and with further focus on individual coaching sessions with employee facing any work-related difficulty/further clarification, have the ability to advance as one of the world's most successful Property Management companies.

Overall, I thoroughly
 - more...
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Lack of resources, time management to provide job coaching
A very professional organisation with a great support network.
Highly recommended if you like to be in the same role for a long time.

The opportunity to advance is very very limited.

This is the only downside.
it was an alright place to work but would never go back again. I'm glad I left because I found bigger and better opportunities for me and my family. the pay was appauling
Colliers International was the best professional experience for me. In both the Brisbane and Perth offices, I was working for teams, in which the members were respected and admired in their field, and there was a hard working ethic. But your hard work was acknowledged and it was very much seen as a team effort, including the support of the administrative staff, working towards the team and the company's success.
The hardest part but also a good learning part and overall experience was the high pressure environment. I find that when on the spot and when deadlines are to be met, that I can multi-task and get everything done efficiently. This only happens when something unexpected arises however, as in my typical days at work, my time management and prioritising the workload, and communication with team members, meant that all work was done within the time frame that was needed, and with minimal supervision.
Pros
acknowledgment of hard work including of the administrative staff
Cons
long hours in Brisbane office
liaising with contractors, tenants, suppliers and staff to ensure the running of the property goes efficiently and smoothly running tender processes, project management