Collins Foods Limited

35: Collins Foods Limited Employee Reviews

Australia35 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Fun Workplace at times

They have staff discounts and staff of the month/year where you can win prizes, they do tournaments and the pay is quite nice too however it gets stressful when it’s busy and they’re understaffed.

Pros

Fun Events & Staff Discount

Cons

Stressful in drive through

Productive, stressful yet the knowledge and experience you get will be an advantage.

Working in Collins Foods is a great opportunity for me and I could say for many of their employees. I worked for nearly 9 years as a Temporary Resident in Australia and it was only my choice to leave the company and go back home to the Philippines. Working in operations is hard, however, the company provided pieces of training for you to be able to face challenges. Believe in All People is one of the Values that are visible and can be felt. You will see the Team Work at all times, especially during the rush and with Audit inspection. Company's budget and target will shake your head but that's the reason why they hire you. Therefore, if you hit the target, recognitions in forms of paper and money are there and bonuses is a plus, which I must say that I failed to miss it. Collins gave me home and experience during those time. I am happy with them that is why I stayed long,

great first job

Taco bell has been great as my first job and the people are all fantastic. Management has changed a few times but they're all good.You get a good range of experiences in different areas and the pay is good with penalty rates.

Cook

The job was not it. Managers would call you on your Rostered Days Off. Always changing rosters , not enough staff coverage. Management was terrible. Always cleaning up other staff member's mess.

Great Corporate Culture

CFG does a lot better in treating their managers than a lot of other QSR businesses, however the training and development needs opportunity.As with a lot of other fast casual places, it is hard in management to get a decent work/life balance.

Loved the team

I learned a lot of skills during my time to which I will always be grateful for. I loved working with my teams in store. There are plenty of opportunities available and incentives. I disliked the favouritism that seemed to happen in the area and the lack of direct support from "ASMs".

Pros

The people in store. Pays alright. Opportunities.

Cons

Lack of support. Very little work/life balance. Above store level management.

Do your due diligence before joining this Company!

Lack of direction. Unrealistic expectations. Zero work life balance. Poor communication. Lack of leadership by highly technical staff who have no business skills. You will be blamed for things which happened before you joined the organisation.Asked to set team members’ performance objectives before getting to know team members and their work. Outdated systems. Most team members are contracted and do not know business well. High staff turnover. Highly skilled staff are overworked and treated poorly. I was told at my interview that the company has a problem with retaining their staff. That was a big red flag which I unfortunately ignored.I hope that Collins Foods acts quickly to improve their HO culture.

Pros

New CEO is very passionate about the business. Old outdated systems are getting upgraded.

Cons

Lack of leadership, hight staff turnover, lack of direction. Unrealistic expectations, zero work life balance, poor communication.

Good employer. Salary is just. With bonuses

Good working relationship at work. Top management was supportive. Fast paced work environment. Training and seminars are provided for the managers to develop skills.

Very competitive workplace with no support from head office and area manager

Very competitive workplace with no support from head office and area manager. Collins is very profit minded company that likes just focus on profit and not look after their people

Its good in some ways

Kfc is good for work experience but not good to keep that type of job permanently it can be slightly stressful but it is fun in a way, you get to meet new people and see you new things. You get to see a different perspective on things you wouldn’t have thought before.

great to to work and learn skills in a fast paced environment

fast paced environment, plenty of hands on , lots and skills and day to day office admin, learning about all aspects of the business, getting team members involved to make the work place a better place to work

Fun, Exciting and very inviting

From the get go, everyone at KFC made me feel like I'd been working there for ages, even if it had only been a few weeks. The immediate family environment you get when starting is so nice, especially when coming into your first job.

Fast Paced

Very fast paced during peak hours and extensive. Gave me skills to work under pressure and manage my time efficiently. Hardest part of the job is the pressure to deliver satisfactory result while maintaining efficiency and speed.

Productive but can easily become your whole life.

Iv worked for Collins food group for 6 years and in that time iv found that I didn’t get much opportunity to have a family life as the job was very demanding and it’s always in the back of your mind about how the store is doing, how the day shift will affect the night shift and so on. A typical day at work could be anywhere from 3 hours to upwards of 17 hours if you had to do a double. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is customer satisfaction as a customers response to their visit positive/negative could be a result of their whole day and not just their 10minutes in our store. The most enjoyable part would have to be the friends you make.

gets old really quick

you are really never appreciated in the back as a cook and have to deal with the screw ups of everyone later on in the night. the jobs you have to do would be clean up in the front and back of store, management was alright most often then not. the initial job as a cook is fairly easy.

Pros

%20 discount, easy work

Cons

Unreliable hours

Only good thing is the ppeople i work with

Management is horrible and disrespectful. I enjoy the team members I work with but that is about it. Customers are great and I always get good feedback from them. The lack of hours is why I am leaving

Pros

Discount

Cons

Managment, no hours

a place with dedicated and committed team and management

The company provides comprehensive management training. There is great support from competent superiors. They provide clear company objectives. There is bonus occasionally.

Pros

productive work place

Cons

Too demanding of time.

Challenging fast paced and fun environment

Challenging and fast paced environment. People based interactions daily with suppliers, customers, employees, HR team. No two days are the same. Skill building

Enjoyed all my work mates Nd loved the work environment Nd my customers exp my regulars

It was good to start at the top or just a teenager stepping into the work force.... I as I got my son now 20 yrs old work there as soon as he turned the rite employment age at 14/15 yrs old Nd his still continuing working there this day

Pros

Mystery shopper's, and champs 100% customer service employees of the months

Cons

Long closers

Kfc

Usually had night shifts after school. Gained experience in heavy lifting, stocking, serving, burger making, money handling and customer communication plus more. Managers helped a lot seeming i was my first job and other employees were very nice. Hardest part of the job was the stress of getting all the oders done at the front and out the back. Best part of it all was the pay and good break times.

Pros

good pay

Cons

stress

Busy place to work.

Very fast paced job full of people of all different backgrounds. A place to make good friends. Good pay wage and flexible rostering which is important for students.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Collins Foods Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Collins Foods Limited